6. Minerva
7. Canton South

3 year starter at QB
Big RB
Big tall WR
Big OL
Speed demon in Mckeiver (Spelling)

going to come down to defense
I'm glad someone else see'S the potential , They return 90 percent of their 2 year starters in their Sr class that is loaded with skilled players. The Rb you mentioned has really matured and has been hitting the weights religiously . Hes now 6'1 and 215 ,he's not the fastest but he will lay a hit on you.
Receiving group returning is 6'6 ,6'5 6'2 , 6'3
QB has been working very hard in the gym and has very good dual threat capabilities .
Their line will be young but gained a lot of experience last season as starters .

I also agree their defense will be the deciding factor . There were so many kids out of position last year it was ridiculous.
Wb doesn't have the numbers to two platoon they needed to play their best players on both sides of the ball and they did not do that . Example: Max Craig ,Kenny Marra ,Alec Wilson ,Brock Hillyer, Josh Gregoery , Andrew Coffee just to name a few . Those young men are impact players and should never have came off the field.

Last edited:
I'm glad someone else see'S the potential , They return 90 percent of their 2 year starters in their Sr class that is loaded with skilled players. The Rb you mentioned has really matured and has been hitting the weights religiously . Hes now 6'1 and 215 ,he's not the fastest but he will lay a hit on you.
Receiving group returning is 6'6 ,6'5 6'2 , 6'3
QB has been working very hard in the gym and has very good dual threat capabilities .
Their line will be young but gained a lot of experience last season as starters .

I also agree their defense will be the deciding factor . There were so many kids out of position last year it was ridiculous.
Wb doesn't have the numbers to two platoon they needed to play their best players on both sides of the ball and they did not do that . Example: Max Craig ,Kenny Marra ,Alec Wilson ,Brock Hillyer, Josh Gregoery , Andrew Coffee just to name a few . Those young men are impact players and should never have came off the field.
Mckevier is not 6’2 or taller. Who the warriors play out of conference

Hey Infidel not looking to clash , just asking
Best of luck to the players at WB

I honestly HATE the Branch Lol but I’ve seen them play the past few years and I know they got a good group that are going to be seniors. I think Dota getting fired was the wrong decision. He always had a tough scheme and even when they were down in talent they always gave Louisville, Alliance, and Marlington good games. I know nothing of their current HC but I felt like they underachieved last year. Losing to Minerva was embarrassing

I see WB and Carrollton as being the most improved teams. Marlington will struggle this year. Salem will be strong. Minerva and South will still be bottom feeders
1. A-town express continues to roll
2. Salem- Young Johnson will rise
3. WB- Talented enough but who knows
4. Carrollton- played tough last year but young
5. Marlington- lost a lot
6. South- will there be a HC change after this year?
7. Minerva- south is equally bad but Minerva has earned a spot at the bottom the last 4-5 years.

Salem will roll everyone. They may be the only team in the state still having team workouts through all of this
There going to need ever advantage they can get. They lost all there talent last season with Niko,Cade and company graduating. Jackson will help them but who else will stand out ?

How many years do you think the EBC has left? We know that South and Minerva have both been looking to leave, what happens if both finally find a new home? Can the league survive with just Alliance, Marlington, Carrolton, West Branch and Salem? Would they bite the bullet and ask Louisville back to get to a 6 team league, not many other potential members to choose from. If the league implodes, would the teams land in the following leagues:

Alliance-Northeast 8
Marlington-Former Metro Division of PTC
Salem-NE 8
West Branch-Can't find a league for them
Carrolton-Ohio Valley
South-PAC
Minerva-IVC Large School Division

How many years do you think the EBC has left? We know that South and Minerva have both been looking to leave, what happens if both finally find a new home? Can the league survive with just Alliance, Marlington, Carrolton, West Branch and Salem? Would they bite the bullet and ask Louisville back to get to a 6 team league, not many other potential members to choose from. If the league implodes, would the teams land in the following leagues:

Alliance-Northeast 8
Salem-NE 8
Carrolton-Ohio Valley
South-PAC

There would be some poetic justice in the league folding and West Branch not being able to find a league to join. However, the NE 8 would probably take them with Salem and become the NE10

Alliance-Northeast 8
Salem-NE 8
Carrolton-Ohio Valley
South-PAC

Salem would be a great fit in the NE8... Jefferson would be a better fit for the CVC. Niles, Hubbard, Poland, Lakeview, Girard, Struthers, South Range, and Salem... that'd be ideal... solid conference.

In this scenario, I actually think Alliance would be a better fit in the SVC... at least in terms of enrollment. Could Alliance hang with Mooney and Ursuline? What about Boardman, Fitch, and Harding? I like that idea... Mooney, Ursuline, Chaney, East, Alliance, Boardman, Fitch, Harding. That'd be a hell of a conference.

There would be some poetic justice in the league folding and West Branch not being able to find a league to join. However, the NE 8 would probably take them with Salem and become the NE10

I don't think so. I think everyone likes having OOC games. 10 schools is too many for a HS athletic conference.
Ideally, the NE8 would just kick out Jefferson to make room for Salem.

I don't know about WB...

Salem would be a great fit in the NE8... Jefferson would be a better fit for the CVC. Niles, Hubbard, Poland, Lakeview, Girard, Struthers, South Range, and Salem... that'd be ideal... solid conference.

In this scenario, I actually think Alliance would be a better fit in the SVC... at least in terms of enrollment. Could Alliance hang with Mooney and Ursuline? What about Boardman, Fitch, and Harding? I like that idea... Mooney, Ursuline, Chaney, East, Alliance, Boardman, Fitch, Harding. That'd be a hell of a conference.

maybe if this was 30 years ago. If the EBC folds look for Alliance to join up with a league with Louisville and Canfield

I don't think so. I think everyone likes having OOC games. 10 schools is too many for a HS athletic conference.
Ideally, the NE8 would just kick out Jefferson to make room for Salem.

I don't know about WB...

You would still have one OOC game, and remember there's more to football in the league and the 10 game structure isn't in the other sports. Still though, I don't really see this happening any time soon. As shaky as the EBC is I just cant see it falling apart in the next 5 years at least, just no place for a lot of the teams to go without a tough run as an independent before finding a new league

My idea league

Louisville
Canfield
Howland
Alliance
Marlington
Ravenna
Kent

I like this better than my idea of Alliance in the SVC. It's more realistic.
Still... Mooney and Ursuline are no where near what they used to be. And the impact of the Lordstown closure on the Mahoning Valley hasn't really come into play yet... plus there's a recession coming.
It could be a much better fit in 5 or so years than it would be today.

You would still have one OOC game, and remember there's more to football in the league and the 10 game structure isn't in the other sports. Still though, I don't really see this happening any time soon. As shaky as the EBC is I just cant see it falling apart in the next 5 years at least, just no place for a lot of the teams to go without a tough run as an independent before finding a new league

1 OOC game in football and 2-4 OOC games in other sports like basketball and baseball just seems kinda meh to me. I think everyone is happy with 8 members. The NE8 was born from the AAC... because the AAC got too big for its own good. I think going to 10 members would just be repeating the AAC's mistakes.

Last edited: