The official EBC Football Thread

is he ready in your opinion
Personality, Drive , confidence and natural talent are all key contributors to a great QB.
I don’t know this young man to speak educationally about his abilities. What I do know is you simply can’t put in what god has left out. Based on Hudleys quote in the review pertaining to WB’s QB He knows a QB when he sees one . Therefore I have to believe the loins have there current best in that position based on the offensive package their running.

Last edited:
Next season Canton South is leaving the EBC. We will be down to 6 teams. Any rumors or thoughts of good quality schools that should join our league. The thing is not just for football but for all sports. The two schools on the top of my head would be Beaver Local, and East Liverpool. Both schools usually have competitive football teams, and could field other competitive sports. Also geographically they both are reasonable to travel too. What’s everyone’s thoughts.

These schools love themselves some OVAC, don’t bother. Plus BL has the secondary affiliation in the Buckeye 8.

Both of these schools joined the MAC/AAC and neither stuck around very long before they went back to the OVAC (travel). Same thing with Toronto and the EOAC. The river schools aren’t going to budge, and if they do they don’t stay and go back to the river conferences within 3 years.

I was also curious about how ooc games from this year will be going into next year?
I’m sure you would have to create a new contract

I was also curious about how ooc games from this year will be going into next year?
I’m sure you would have to create a new contract
That’s very interesting. Also each school will have to come up with 5 non league games. Can’t imagine that will be an easy task! Good luck to the AD’s that will have that task ahead of them.

yeh I know but I rather apologize to narrow minded people NBC 1988 than argue. I still believe in my opinion number 3 isn't ready they coaches are going ruin confidence of this young man. hes over his head anyone should be able to see this. their just hurting this young man. anyway thats all.
I need to take a break from Yappi. I see this going down the wrong path - talking about kids and positions isn’t what yappi is about and I want no part of it. So I am done with yappi.. good luck to all of the kids and teams.,

I would say it’s Jimmy Common he is the back up now plays both sides. Common is a very good athlete I did watch him back then he could light it up in the sky. they have him at defensive end but his original spot is outside linebacker. And he’s tailback as well. If they would of kept him as quarterback I believe minerva would be a different team.
You are correct! Daddy’s boy had to be the QB though so now we have a mess. That’s Minerva’s problem it’s all about who you are and not talent. That’s why kids are not playing anymore. Plus, this EBC is so far out of our league we will struggle for years repairing this damage. We won’t win a game in the next two years and most likely beyond unless it’s a fluke game. Everyone seen Common as the QB and should have been but history has spoken. Game over.

So my week 3 predictions.
Carrollton will continue to look good at Salem.
WestBranch will win a close game at home against Alliance.
Canton South will get another win at home against Minerva.
I’m going with a win for Marlington as they travel to Kent for a battle against Kent Roosevelt.

This is Roosevelt’s opener too, so that should work in Marlington’s favor
Or work against the Dukes. They have had basically 2 additional weeks of preparation. Game film to study ect. Dukes get to watch last season film and a lot changes in a year.

Or work against the Dukes. They have had basically 2 additional weeks of preparation. Game film to study ect. Dukes get to watch last season film and a lot changes in a year.
I'd take two games of actual on field experience over 10 games of film from the current season. Marlington has the chance to jump out to a lead early and never look back while they Kent kids are still getting their sea legs

I'd take two games of actual on field experience over 10 games of film from the current season. Marlington has the chance to jump out to a lead early and never look back while they Kent kids are still getting their sea legs

Plus, Marlington has a chance of having two games to learn and grow from while Roosevelt only has practices to learn and grow from right now. I don't see why people(including some coaches) get worked up over sharing film or using that as a factor. You still have to execute.

Plus, Marlington has a chance of having two games to learn and grow from while Roosevelt only has practices to learn and grow from right now. I don't see why people(including some coaches) get worked up over sharing film or using that as a factor. You still have to execute.
I mean it helps tremendously but nothing compares to game experience plus in a case like this Marlington might not have even traded with Kent because the Roughriders wouldn't have had anything of value to send back

Last edited:
When 2 teams are equal, film is the most important tool a coach has. Many upsets in many sports have been pulled off because of film study preparation.

When 2 teams are equal, film is the most important tool a coach has. Many upsets in many sports have been pulled off because of film study preparation.
No two teams are ever equal and one team in week three of their season and the other in week one certainly aren't equal. The Kent kids haven't had live reps in nearly a month, they're going to have to come ready to play or this could get out of hand. Now I do not think Marlington is very good, they could undoubtedly bungle this game and lose by multiple scores but the advantage they have in experience this year is a pretty drastic thing to overcome

No two teams are ever equal and one team in week three of their season and the other in week one certainly aren't equal. The Kent kids haven't had live reps in nearly a month, they're going to have to come ready to play or this could get out of hand. Now I do not think Marlington is very good, they could undoubtedly bungle this game and lose by multiple scores but the advantage they have in experience this year is a pretty drastic thing to overcome
My comment wasn't intended for the Marlington/Kent game. Just rebutting NEO's claim that film is not important.

Please let’s not turn this into a Minerva post- there are way too many good stories to talk about, is Carrollton on the rise, how can Alliance have 2 great quarterbacks? Great players like Hillyer, Alexander, Evanich, Hartsoe, Beard, McKeivier, common, burress and many others- If we must complain about Minerva start another thread! Too many good things happening- like being allowed to play!?
Next season Canton South is leaving the EBC. We will be down to 6 teams. Any rumors or thoughts of good quality schools that should join our league. The thing is not just for football but for all sports. The two schools on the top of my head would be Beaver Local, and East Liverpool. Both schools usually have competitive football teams, and could field other competitive sports. Also geographically they both are reasonable to travel too. What’s everyone’s thoughts.
EBC is a mess. I say abolish the league and all teams find new homes. At least Minerva should go because they are a liability to the league and will be for years maybe decades now. No thriving program of respect would join the EBC because it’s to lopsided. Kicking Louisville out of the NBC destroyed every program involved and set its fate for the EBC.

My comment wasn't intended for the Marlington/Kent game. Just rebutting NEO's claim that film is not important.
I should have elaborated on my comment. Film is important, no doubt about it. My comment was more about how some coaches in some sports(particularly basketball) are so concerned about having their film out there when sharing it that some refuse to share it with any coaches and I just don't understand that when you still have to execute your gameplan. My comment was more about that than film in general and not being important because it is important. Especially to grow and learn from as I mentioned in my comment above.

I would say it’s Jimmy Common he is the back up now plays both sides. Common is a very good athlete I did watch him back then he could light it up in the sky. they have him at defensive end but his original spot is outside linebacker. And he’s tailback as well. If they would of kept him as quarterback I believe minerva would be a different team.
why would they not at least try him at qb or even someone else. the qb isn't playing very well. just found stats and he has minus total yardage after 2 games. I don't understand.