The Mandalorian Season 2-Final Chapter Spoilers Now Included

Anyone care to talk about what is going on in the Book of Boba Fett with spoilers? I think this might be a good place if so...
Loved yesterdays.
You think that school he built is the one Kylo attendsd and killed everyone and pushed luke to seclusion?

Could take wagers on the choice. Yappi have a betting app?
A lot of folks think it will be the cute little suite of beskar armor, need to keep the Disney merch train rolling and Grogu training on a remote planet doesn't quite get those consumers fired up like flying around the universe in his little shot gun seat on a supped up spaceship. I think the more intriguing bet is on who is going to show up to help Team Boba now that the locals are probably out of the picture. Many think Luke and Grogu show up to save the day but it can go in many directions as there is another show on the horizon that needs to be set up.

I do like the plot direction and the introduction of another western style bad dude, not a fan of the cartoons so this Cad Bane was a new guy for me. I feel like someone is going to get hurt bad by this guy but who could it be? I am really bothered by the CGI used to make Luke look young though. No expressions during the various interactions and he looks very creepy, kind of like those live hologram tours some bands have done. A

A lot of folks think it will be the cute little suite of beskar armor, need to keep the Disney merch train rolling and Grogu training on a remote planet doesn't quite get those consumers fired up like flying around the universe in his little shot gun seat on a supped up spaceship. I think the more intriguing bet is on who is going to show up to help Team Boba now that the locals are probably out of the picture. Many think Luke and Grogu show up to save the day but it can go in many directions as there is another show on the horizon that needs to be set up.

I do like the plot direction and the introduction of another western style bad dude, not a fan of the cartoons so this Cad Bane was a new guy for me. I feel like someone is going to get hurt bad by this guy but who could it be? I am really bothered by the CGI used to make Luke look young though. No expressions during the various interactions and he looks very creepy, kind of like those live hologram tours some bands have done. A
Per the mythology of Star Wars, I feel as though Grogu has to choose the beskar armor. Otherwise, it would seem likely that he's due to meet his demise when Ben betrays Luke at the Jedi Praxeum. This seems like a grim way to go for such a beloved character. And besides, Luke chose his friends over training, so it could be fitting that the little dude follows that same arch.

Per the mythology of Star Wars, I feel as though Grogu has to choose the beskar armor. Otherwise, it would seem likely that he's due to meet his demise when Ben betrays Luke at the Jedi Praxeum. This seems like a grim way to go for such a beloved character. And besides, Luke chose his friends over training, so it could be fitting that the little dude follows that same arch.
Interesting that Luke is making him make that choice to begin with. As you said Luke chose his friends over the jedi. It was also cool to see the flashback to the Jedi temple massacre. A little bit closer to finding out who took him from the temple.

Interesting that Luke is making him make that choice to begin with. As you said Luke chose his friends over the jedi. It was also cool to see the flashback to the Jedi temple massacre. A little bit closer to finding out who took him from the temple.
Baby Yoda ( I REFUSE that other name) grabs the saber, dons the besker, slices off a piece of Luke and turns to the dark side.

Not a fan of the cartoons? Clone Wars is the best Star Wars content ever made. Rebels isn’t really too far behind.

You should check out the last story arc of the clone wars. It runs side to side with the events of episode 3 except it’s from Ahsoka’s side. Includes the epic dual between Darth Maul and Ahsoka.

You have to watch Star Wars: Clone Wars to know who these characters. If you're a SW fan just from watching the movies you were probably lost when a random blue alien, Clint Eastwood type character showed up, AKA Cad Bane.

IMO, Grogu takes the chain and joins Mando to keep the Mando series going. In addition, to keep the series going, there has to be a continuance of Mando & Bo-Katan since the Black Saber is involved.

Grogu being a part of Mando's journey, if there's a season 3, would make since for Disney to sell more stuff. I can imagine it now...a Baby Yoda wearing chainmail and a mandolorian helmet in stores...then again, a baby Yoda with a green lightsaber would also sell like hotcakes.

Not a fan of the cartoons? Clone Wars is the best Star Wars content ever made. Rebels isn’t really too far behind.

You should check out the last story arc of the clone wars. It runs side to side with the events of episode 3 except it’s from Ahsoka’s side. Includes the epic dual between Darth Maul and Ahsoka.
this is true

Reactions: LCL

I get that the story is good and fills in a lot of blanks with cool new characters but I am just not a fan of basic animation and epic story telling. I don't get the sweeping emotions that a large bleak landscape imparts when drawn by simple animation, I guess I would almost rather read a book and let my mind do the imaging than this. Also the fight scenes look robotic and childish. Maybe I will try again but I wish there was streaming when they started these as live action would be 10Xs better.

I had a hankering for frog legs after that ep.

I love those landscape views....look cool. Fight scenes....in eps 1-3 prequels.. yeah those were over produced but these aren't bad.

I am loving all the cross overs. Gives us hope that the Obi Wan series could be epic.

A lot of talk about Hans Solo showing up sometime soon to introduce Ben into the equation.

So I viewed the final chapter of Boba and my short review: eh. I don't really need all the cameos and call backs so the lack of those after a packed chapter 6 didn't bother me, it just seemed like it was only about a series of big action sequences with different takes on the fights. My biggest call out though is where do they go from here? Basically ends with everyone just hanging out going about their business with a post credit scene that may or may not tee up a new spin off for the Marshall. Maybe there will be a Star Wars version of the Gem Saloon too?

So I viewed the final chapter of Boba and my short review: eh. I don't really need all the cameos and call backs so the lack of those after a packed chapter 6 didn't bother me, it just seemed like it was only about a series of big action sequences with different takes on the fights. My biggest call out though is where do they go from here? Basically ends with everyone just hanging out going about their business with a post credit scene that may or may not tee up a new spin off for the Marshall. Maybe there will be a Star Wars version of the Gem Saloon too?
I, and I believe many other, SW Fans yearn for those callbacks to be honest.

Like you, i wonder 'where do they go from here'.

Good call on whomever said grogu would choose Mando, his friend, like Luke chose friends over training.
I do see it following that same path, where he goes back to training with Luke.

Overall, i liked 5-6 better than this one. Too long of a battle sequence and such. The Marshall wont get a spin off, but he will absolutely be back for Season 2 of Fett ane 3 of Mando.
So.....I had predicted that Grogu would be back with Mando for the next season, so I may be right on this. I thought, however, that something happened after the battle scene with Luke at the end of Mando2 that he would get him back....but he got him back during BF!

May 25 is Obi Wan. They announced it this week. Guess I can cancel DisneyPlus for 3 months.

For live action SW the schedule appears to be:

Obi-Wan in May
Mando Season 3 in December
Ahsoka in Spring 2023

A lot of buzz going around Ahsoka as Bryce Howard is rumored to be the primary show runner and her stuff is some of the best in the live Disney + series. There is also a lot of talk about the redemption tour that Hayden Christensen gets through at least Obi-Wan and Ahsoka, I hope he gets some better dialogue and direction then the below sand bit 20 years ago...

do you mean the Obi-Wan show coming on May 25th?

There's been no announced Han Solo show.

They're all bluring in my mind. Yes I meant Obi Wan and repeat, hope they don't cgi his face. That Luke is creepy. And with the stiff line delivery, hard to believe it's the same guy that does Joker so well.

Must be my speakers. All I heard was emotionless monotone. Though I keep forgetting what thread this is. Are we talking Luke in Mandalorian, in Boba Fett or both? I was refering to Fett Luke. Didn't like it at all. I don't honestly recall much from Mandalorean.

Last edited:
Must be my speakers. All I heard was emotionless monotone. Though I keep forgetting what thread this is. Are we talking Luke in Mandalorian, in Boba Fett or both? I was refering to Fett Luke. Didn't like it at all. I don't honestly recall much from Mandalorean.
I honestly that both were pretty good to great and the huge step up from other projects that have used the same technology.

8EFA5DFB-5A25-4DBA-928B-DBD7CDCDC0ED.jpeg
A995BD7E-F758-48D0-97BA-32C71EA80155.jpeg

I feel someone has a live in the air, lol

Did a google. Guess I'm not the only one. Now I understand the reason it was so bad. They'd been better to use a voice actor IMO and still photos do not distinguish the reality of the bad facelift in the video. Though I might stick with CGI face. At least he's alive.