The Joyce Family

Ohio's first basketball family does not get the credit they deserve. Dru has ran a clean program for 20+ years and has been very successful. There has not even been a murmur of anything inappropriate. Now his son has completely revitalized St Ignatius. They should consider putting statues of this family outside the arena where championships are decided.

Thi
Ohio's first basketball family does not get the credit they deserve. Dru has ran a clean program for 20+ years and has been very successful. There has not even been a murmur of anything inappropriate. Now his son has completely revitalized St Ignatius. They should consider putting statues of this family outside the arena where championships are decided.
This sounds like Will Ferrell should be reading it as an intro to Saturday Night Live.

Are people just jealous of the success of this family? Why all the hate?
Figured you wouldn’t answer the question. Any criticism for what you posted is “hate”, not surprised by that response either.

Last edited:
Wow Clean??!! Are you kidding us! STV recruits there tails off! They have had kids from PA, Southern Ohio etc. They use AAU. Heck they tried recruit illegally. Aren’t u the same guy complaining about Hazerd recruiting. You must have something wrong with your medulla oblongata!

I think there's some hyperbole involved saying "he needs a statue but IMO some of his intent was to get most of you riled up and it worked but to say he's not a legendary coach is just insane! He caught lightning in a bottle at the beginning of the century and that bolt's been gone for over twenty years he's won several championships since. He's never got in trouble for recruiting even though it's private school, he's responsible for impacting hundreds of young men's lives and his coaching tree is expanding by the minute. A lot of you can't stand that and are sitting on the edge of your seat for a scandal or any kind of dirt to come out maybe some you are upset because he's not your type guy IDK 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I think there's some hyperbole involved saying "he needs a statue but IMO some of his intent was to get most of you riled up and it worked but to say he's not a legendary coach is just insane! He caught lightning in a bottle at the beginning of the century and that bolt's been gone for over twenty years he's won several championships since. He's never got in trouble for recruiting even though it's private, he's responsible for impacting hundreds of young men's lives and his coaching tree is expanding by the minute. A lot of you can't stand that and are sitting on the edge of your seat for a scandal or any kind of dirt to come out maybe some you are upset because he's not your type guy IDK 🤷‍♂️
Yes he is clean, legally recruiting by the BS rules the OHSAA gives him. But to say he is great with the talent he's "legally" allowed to acquire is very subject. Not looking for any scandal or dirt. He is a good man but I see no need for a pedestal with the amount of talent he's had.

Yes he is clean, legally recruiting by the BS rules the OHSAA gives him. But to say he is great with the talent he's "legally" allowed to acquire is very subject. Not looking for any scandal or dirt. He is a good man but I see no need for a pedestal with the amount of talent he's had.
He still has to win and you still have to coach and he's done it repeatedly w/o LeBron. It's not easy to coach all that talent, especially elite talent there's buy-in, chemistry building, platers ego's, and entitled parents, etc. . If he didn't win people would still get on here and criticize him for not winning. A prime example is the NBA, every team has loads of talent but they don't win. The Lakers had three Hall Of Famers at one time last year and had the worst record in the league for a while last year.

The Lakers had three Hall Of Famers at one time last year and had the worst record in the league for a while last year.
There's a difference between collecting talent and building a cohesive team. They are not the same thing.

The best coaches win with less, because they understand how to connect the parts.

Even a bad coach will fall into success every once in a while if just collect talent.

I'm not saying Joyce is either, but talent alone doesn't just get the job done.

Of course talent alone doesn't win but ask any coach which they'd rather have 5 D1 prospects or zero to work with. I'm just saying just because he had a ton of talent that he got to play together as a team doesn't put him above a whole lot of coaches that I see as equal or better but they get less recognition because they aren't winning titles year after year. BTW, the Lakers had a lot of injuries.

Of course talent alone doesn't win but ask any coach which they'd rather have 5 D1 prospects or zero to work with. I'm just saying just because he had a ton of talent that he got to play together as a team doesn't put him above a whole lot of coaches that I see as equal or better but they get less recognition because they aren't winning titles year after year. BTW, the Lakers had a lot of injuries.
5 D1 prospects on one team coming from Ohio? LOL ok - at least realistic. Of course coaches want talent. And is SVSM has that much talent, then they should have more state titles.

Lucky to get 5 total.

5 D1 prospects on one team coming from Ohio? LOL ok - at least realistic. Of course coaches want talent. And is SVSM has that much talent, then they should have more state titles.

Lucky to get 5 total.
Look at Richmond Heights. Not sure why you think that’s so far fetched. You do some research. They have 5 Al-Ohio kids and added Crumble before the year who is now sitting out.

Look at Richmond Heights. Not sure why you think that’s so far fetched. You do some research. They have 5 Al-Ohio kids and added Crumble before the year who is now sitting out.
Yeah because that's typical. That's literally the exception to the exception to the exception.

If schools have rosters like this, they are 100% cheating (and I hate the "everyone is cheating" talk).

Lucky to get 5 total.
Sorry, I wasn't implying or saying StV had 5, I was just answering your comment that you still had to form a team and I agree. Thats why I said if you asked any coach what they'd rather have?

Show me the proof of when he got charged with anything? I am so confused by this. Kids of course will come to a school that promotes Christian values but what does that have to do with Coach Dru?
Umm Catholic values but his recruits aren't going there for that, be real.

Not to mention many of those loaded SVSM teams beat up on teams D2 and lower at the state tournament.

True story: Was in attendance at one of his AAU tournaments king James classic at Hoover High school mid 2010’s, No price change for children was just straight 18 dollars across the board and then when your team went to change gyms you had to pay another 18 dollars to see the next game. No wristbands nothing.. I can never respect anyone who wants to make a profit off of families attending and supporting youth basketball events.