The Guardians…

The organization is now grumbling that Progressive Field needs updated…
they want the tax payers to pay for it or else they are moving…
See Ya!!

Tennessee Guardians —that sounds about right.
We see what happened the last time they updated with those dumb boxes in the upper deck.

Hey Guys!! GET OVER IT!! SMH Crying B’s!!
Ok, how about we call them the Cleveland Whitey’s! You like that!!
Fine with me.

I loved the idiots trying to use the "Cleveland Caucasians" to make a point. Hey I'd be glad to have my heritage honored in that way.

The Irish dont get offended at Notre Dame ?‍♂️

Fine with me.

I loved the idiots trying to use the "Cleveland Caucasians" to make a point. Hey I'd be glad to have my heritage honored in that way.

The Irish dont get offended at Notre Dame ?‍♂️
Exactly. Most natives didnt give a damn about this...but those young white liberals.....

1627136260193.png

Bunch of white statues done in a white art form of white people created by white people during the Jim Crow era named after the white father of a white racist comedian. Uh oh. This will not abide.

I’ve got no horse in this race but Guardians is pretty lame. What does it even signify? How does it relate to the Cleveland Baseball Club? What are they “guarding” Lake Erie?

I’ve got no horse in this race but Guardians is pretty lame. What does it even signify? How does it relate to the Cleveland Baseball Club? What are they “guarding” Lake Erie?
Refers to the statues on the pillars of the bridge that connects Lorain and Carnegie avenues over the Cuyahoga River. They are the "guardians" of traffic; each has some type of transportation vehicle in it's hands. They've been there since 1932.

Kind of lame, but actually ties into Cleveland history a little bit.

Refers to the statues on the pillars of the bridge that connects Lorain and Carnegie avenues over the Cuyahoga River. They are the "guardians" of traffic; each has some type of transportation vehicle in it's hands. They've been there since 1932.

Kind of lame, but actually ties into Cleveland history a little bit.
It’s very lame and nobody in Cleveland knows or cares about that bridge. It’s not an iconic Cleveland landmark and has never been. The Dolans, just like the lineup of their baseball team, swung and missed.

It’s very lame and nobody in Cleveland knows or cares about that bridge. It’s not an iconic Cleveland landmark and has never been. The Dolans, just like the lineup of their baseball team, swung and missed.
I wonder how it is with most, but one of my buddies is a huge tribe fan and I think giving Chief Wahoo the axe was more bothersome to him than changing the name of the team after changing all of the logos and branding.

I don't think any name change would have been acceptable to most of the fanbase. Maybe Spiders. Unless ownership changes IMO it's probably all but guaranteed the franchise will be in a different city in the next 15-20 years. The emotional attachment to the brand is gone and the product is always low budget and usually stinks.

I wonder how it is with most, but one of my buddies is a huge tribe fan and I think giving Chief Wahoo the axe was more bothersome to him than changing the name of the team after changing all of the logos and branding.

I don't think any name change would have been acceptable to most of the fanbase. Maybe Spiders. Unless ownership changes IMO it's probably all but guaranteed the franchise will be in a different city in the next 15-20 years. The emotional attachment to the brand is gone and the product is always low budget and usually stinks.
The Indians are a HUGE part of the Cleveland/NEO sports landscape. Even with the Cavs title the Tribe is clearly number 2 in area sports fans hearts behind the Browns. If the emotional attachment was gone this name change/axing Chief Wahoo wouldnt be such a controversial subject.

I'm as frustrated as anybody else they havent gotten to the mountain top but they were extra innings in game 7 from being world champs just 5 years ago and have one of the best records in baseball since Francona arrived. Not sure "usually stinks" is accurate.

The Indians are a HUGE part of the Cleveland/NEO sports landscape. Even with the Cavs title the Tribe is clearly number 2 in area sports fans hearts behind the Browns. If the emotional attachment was gone this name change/axing Chief Wahoo wouldnt be such a controversial subject.

I'm as frustrated as anybody else they havent gotten to the mountain top but they were extra innings in game 7 from being world champs just 5 years ago and have one of the best records in baseball since Francona arrived. Not sure "usually stinks" is accurate.
They have had some good years with Francona running the ship, especially 2016-2018, but where do you seriously see them when he hangs it up? The Dolans constantly seem to be looking to minimize costs and cut payroll. Francona has probably done as well as anyone could do with those cheapskates controlling the payroll.

Even in the years they've been good the attendance has been abysmal. They've been in the bottom 10 in attendance and most years in the bottom 5-6 for about 20 years, or roughly since the Dolans bought the franchise. Unless the state of Ohio succeeds in demanding a longer lease or city/county options to lengthen it in exchange for state cash to upgrade and remodel Progressive Field, I'd be concerned that 10-15 years from now at the end of the next stadium lease the cheap ownership group will have run a very beloved club/brand so far into the ground that it could be easily poached by a market like Nashville or Charlotte that's rapidly growing.

They have had some good years with Francona running the ship, especially 2016-2018, but where do you seriously see them when he hangs it up? The Dolans constantly seem to be looking to minimize costs and cut payroll. Francona has probably done as well as anyone could do with those cheapskates controlling the payroll.

Even in the years they've been good the attendance has been abysmal. They've been in the bottom 10 in attendance and most years in the bottom 5-6 for about 20 years, or roughly since the Dolans bought the franchise. Unless the state of Ohio succeeds in demanding a longer lease or city/county options to lengthen it in exchange for state cash to upgrade and remodel Progressive Field, I'd be concerned that 10-15 years from now at the end of the next stadium lease the cheap ownership group will have run a very beloved club/brand so far into the ground that it could be easily poached by a market like Nashville or Charlotte that's rapidly growing.
Might not be such a bad thing. The fans can fight to keep the colors and Indians name just like they did with the Browns. Let the Guardians be someone elses problem.

I think they’re gonna lose fans and they are definitely going to lose out on merchandise opportunities. Nobody’s going to buy that

I cant wait until Cleveland plays California next season, it could be hyped as the Guardian-Angels matchup.

Think of the money that could be saved by a Guardian-Angel game. No need for any Security in the stadium as
fans would be protected by none other than the renowned Guardian Angels. Throw in a massive promotional
blitz for a week prior, advertising .25 cent beer, with a guarantee of total fan safety for the entire game and post game
activity lol.

JB

I cant wait until Cleveland plays California next season, it could be hyped as the Guardian-Angels matchup.

Think of the money that could be saved by a Guardian-Angel game. No need for any Security in the stadium as
fans would be protected by none other than the renowned Guardian Angels. Throw in a massive promotional
blitz for a week prior, advertising .25 cent beer, with a guarantee of total fan safety for the entire game and post game
activity lol.

JB
Im surprised athiest groups havent thrown a typical fit over the name Angels

Reactions: y2h

activity lol.

JB
I can't wait till the Angels sue them for that angel wing logo.