The Game

arizonawildcat

Last night I binged watched a six-episode on Netflix called "The Game." And no, it was not about 1968 Harvard -Yale football game whose outcome cost me $65 and spawned a well-written book with that same title. Rather, it was about how soccer was played in England in 1879-80. Supposed it was about a new style of the game brought down from Scotland that emphasized passing rather that the English style of just using force to run over people. It was basically one of those teen-ager movies of the preppies versus the townies. Well worth watching for soccer junkies.

Last night I binged watched a six-episode on Netflix called "The Game." And no, it was not about 1968 Harvard -Yale football game whose outcome cost me $65 and spawned a well-written book with that same title. Rather, it was about how soccer was played in England in 1879-80. Supposed it was about a new style of the game brought down from Scotland that emphasized passing rather that the English style of just using force to run over people. It was basically one of those teen-ager movies of the preppies versus the townies. Well worth watching for soccer junkies.
I liked it as well. Combination of soccer and Downton Abbey. Very well done.