Davidson @ Grove City
Westerville Central @ Darby
Bradley @ Thomas
Uniontown Green @ Big Walnut
North Ridgeville @ Anthony Wayne
Valley Forge @ North Olmsted
VASJ @ Tallmadge

Gentlemen,

I am proud to announce the nominees of the Inaugural Docky Posting Awards. Winners to be announced at midnight.

Best Thread (General Reading)
D7 R25 2022
PAC 2022
Midwest Athletic Conference 2022
Dublin Coffman 2022
Central Catholic League thoughts for 2022?

Best S—posting Thread
D7 R25 2022
Northwest Ohio Realignment
WCAL Football 2022
Moeller in a class by themselves
Time to Retire “Hells Bells” from 3rd Down in Stadiums?

Thread That Integrates Local Culture The Best
Battle of Pickerington - OCC
Massillon Football 2022

Best S—posting Fanbase
(Warren John F.) Kennedy
Bishop Fenwick
Springfield
West Holmes
Pickerington North

Best General Posting Fanbase
CVCA
St. Ignatius
Pickerington Central
Canton Central Catholic
Centerville

— — — — —

Best Poster, as measured by Style and Substance
ayCC!
nwwarrior09
ElDuderino
Harrycrane

Best Poster, as measured by Contribution to the Yappiverse
sapientia et veritas
YTOWN
TriangleMan
hammer89
hdvhsmgr

Starting off the Docky’s with a bang, and a surprise: nestled in the ranks of small school football, this thread enjoys both a generally high-level of posting camaraderie with the perk of discussing some schools that many Ohioans have likely never heard of. Although not as inflammatory as some of their neighbors to the north’s respective discussion spaces, robust and fun discussion is made possible by the artful usage of memes, various prose styles and a fine balance between serious football talk, satire and general incorporation of common culture. Nestled in the backyard of the Akron-Canton Metroplex, I award the inaugural “Best Thread (General Reading)” Docky to PAC 2022. @Raylan_Givens is designated to accept the award on behalf of the PAC thread (tell ‘cuse that I’m a fan of his work, won’t ya?)

Best S—posting Thread

Some real tough competition in this field! This is probably the most transparent of the award recipients (or not?), but with a staggering >5,200 posts that is set to eclipse even the greatest of internet epics comes a fun bunch of posting that is not for the faint of heart. Without further adieu, D7 R25 2022 wins.

Thread That Integrates Local Culture the Best

You ever read a thread on a place >2 hours away, and feel that you’re there? Maybe you’ve been to the place, or not, but reading it affirms everything you’ve come to understand about the place and that experience makes you want to be there for a night? How about when that locale carries a significant cornerstone of Ohio HSFB tradition and culture? And when you’ve been among the represented region’s people in the stands, how it seems like you’re reading those guys around you yap on the internet when you get back home after a game? By now, you’ve got two of the nominees in mind. With tons of orange and black in the posting base, mmhmmmm, yep, yep, I award the inaugural “Thread That Integrates Local Culture the Best” to Midwest Athletic Conference 2022. The perfect blend of esotericism (one of the few places where that can be a positive in a public posting space), history, pride, civility and a meeting of the minds from many individual Ohio villages and towns.

Best S—posting Fanbase

Look at this line-up! It’s like the Playa-Haters Ball from Chappelle’s Show.

I’ve been to the Southwestern Ohio town this fanbase calls home many times, on sunny days and overcast days. Why go to beautiful Newport News when the 937 is only a short drive from home? I know these guys draw the ire of many, and perhaps for good reason, and one person in particular has been a thorn in the side of otherwise reasonable and well-intended posters on here for a while. Nevertheless, they rep their school and sponsoring league with pride in all of their posting. After all, they mean well.

[turns on “Quiet Storm” (Instrumental Version) by Mobb Deep]From the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Bishop Fenwick. Get up here, @10 Inch Falcon and hold up that GCL ballcap for all to see!

Lot of good nominees made the cut on this one, as well -- but there can be only one. I’ve actually never seen this school’s team play before in the flesh, but I always enjoy reading their work on here. Lot of mutual cultural elements between this school and the general traditions I hold dear that I can find in schools by me that also respond to the same European city. The posters of this school speak thoughtfully and discuss their rare complaints in generally polite, reasoned posts. They post in the spirit of great credit to their school, program and alumni base. The 2022 winner of the “Best General Posting Fanbase” is St. Ignatius.

It’s an award to be split five ways!

The generally wry style of @*67 serves as a good delivery for matter-of-the-fact posting that often posits a different light, on a given topic, that traditionally wasn’t seen on high school football boards for the longest time. A healthy sprinkle of brashness helps flavor their posting philosophy of Only Stating Facts, and I give points for the consistency in which they write. Never a dull moment, and no one is safe from getting called out when they’re around! A breath of fresh air on this, at times, musty watering hole.

It's good to see personality come out on message boards, and @ayCC! delivers the right combination of fun and thoughtful across many of the threads they post in. Although my connections to the Toledo area are rather limited, and despite the fact it’s a corner of Ohio I’m not particularly interested in spending too much of my free time experiencing, many of us come out richer with what he brings to the table on the football and basketball side of things – lots of detail interspersed with quality commentating. Breaks the monotony!

@nwwarrior09 is probably the best ambassador of Good Posting that this site has to offer, if we believe that Good Posting encompasses 1) being able to disagree without being completely disagreeable; 2) applying thought and consideration to (nearly) everything that is posted; 3) being knowledgeable on a load of topics, general and situational, and being able to communicate that knowledge with the savvy of how people think. Many posters can get the general idea of #3 right, but not many are able to express that skill as a matter of writing to inform instead of writing to persuade. The latter is a skill mastered by many, but nwwarrior09 does both effectively.

Not one to shy away from controversy, @ElDuderino masters two things well: 1) discussing big-picture concepts pertaining to programs in the Cincinnati and Columbus area well, consistently, and 2) seeing the games well, explaining what he sees and willing to express what he sees as statements of fact as they happen – if one of the Olentangy’s is trending in a direction different from what they started out in August, he’ll say so… recognizing that what happens on the field can change and evolve over the course of the season. Not one to dig his heels in on a particular game/team related matter if he sees enough to change his view. I know his style and what he says can rub people the wrong way, because what he writes isn’t always effusive of Warm and Fuzzies nor does he give deference to Feel-Good Things. But, if you get past that, you see informed and generally balanced opinions that can also challenge you to question your own beliefs and attitudes toward the general status quo of high school football in your backyard and across the state.

@Harrycrane – although the eccentric punctuation and unconventional stream-of-consciousness style can overwhelm uninitiated readers, Harry has been a bedrock of facilitating Central Ohio discussion since the fall of JJHuddle. The 614 diaspora was hard to really, uh… what’s the best word to use, “unwind”(?) or undo. Harry helped get everything back in gear over time. One of the more redeeming qualities of Harry’s work is being able to intertwine the game of HS football with the cultural aspects surrounding the community side to the game, and that’s especially desirable since Central Ohio has undergone so much change in the last 10-15-20 years. Where else has new schools literally been created out of thin air (expansion)? And where else is there a medium to freely express the evolution of Central Ohio through the 21st century as new rivalries, OCC realignment, new coaches and new traditions became woven into the fabric of the local football scene in no small part to that population growth? Nowhere other than Harry’s clubhouse that is the Dublin Coffman thread.

I could write glowing praise of all five nominees, but three will get their due in future editions. I’ll specifically award a share of the inaugural award, because the two posters in particular deserve the distinction because of what they have tirelessly offered.

The fantastic record-keeping and appreciation of history statewide has made for fantastic engagements, in the form of discussion and trivia contests, over the years on Yappi.com. That level of commitment toward making us all better-versed in the history of high school football in the Buckeye State comes from a poster whose moniker is of the city he proudly claims – a city that also loves history of American football (example: if you want good Italian food and want to see some tremendous memorabilia, MVR has it) and has been an integral part of Ohio high school football. A polite, informative and top-notch poster that isn’t afraid to throw us posting masses the hardest of trivia curveballs, @YTOWN .

Sharing in the distinction is @hdvhsmgr , whose annual iteration of the running Open Weeks thread has been of tremendous service to countless AD’s across the state while also being a tool of transparency for us fans. That latter part cannot be understated as to how informative and interesting it is: many of us posters at some point or another think we know something about ‘x’, ‘y’ or ‘z’, but rarely do we have a publicly-available keeping of record to beat down the innuendos and misconceptions we so easily fall into.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You can accept the “Best S—posting Thread” award on behalf of D7 R25 2022, while you’re here. Make yourself useful.
This feels like a moment…

Music trickles in, typing gets frantic. Oh it’s a montage!

I’m coming back better than ever. I’m taking home the hardware.

This feels like a moment…

Music trickles in, typing gets frantic. Oh it’s a montage!

I’m coming back better than ever. I’m taking home the hardware.
You missed the Def Leppard sing-along that I put on to inspire the Lucas Cubbies to victory against the Red Knights. 😡

It was even off the Pyromania album!

Starting off the Docky’s with a bang, and a surprise: nestled in the ranks of small school football, this thread enjoys both a generally high-level of posting camaraderie with the perk of discussing some schools that many Ohioans have likely never heard of. Although not as inflammatory as some of their neighbors to the north’s respective discussion spaces, robust and fun discussion is made possible by the artful usage of memes, various prose styles and a fine balance between serious football talk, satire and general incorporation of common culture. Nestled in the backyard of the Akron-Canton Metroplex, I award the inaugural “Best Thread (General Reading)” Docky to PAC 2022. @Raylan_Givens is designated to accept the award on behalf of the PAC thread (tell ‘cuse that I’m a fan of his work, won’t ya?)

Best S—posting Thread

Some real tough competition in this field! This is probably the most transparent of the award recipients (or not?), but with a staggering >5,200 posts that is set to eclipse even the greatest of internet epics comes a fun bunch of posting that is not for the faint of heart. Without further adieu, D7 R25 2022 wins.

Thread That Integrates Local Culture the Best

You ever read a thread on a place >2 hours away, and feel that you’re there? Maybe you’ve been to the place, or not, but reading it affirms everything you’ve come to understand about the place and that experience makes you want to be there for a night? How about when that locale carries a significant cornerstone of Ohio HSFB tradition and culture? And when you’ve been among the represented region’s people in the stands, how it seems like you’re reading those guys around you yap on the internet when you get back home after a game? By now, you’ve got two of the nominees in mind. With tons of orange and black in the posting base, mmhmmmm, yep, yep, I award the inaugural “Thread That Integrates Local Culture the Best” to Midwest Athletic Conference 2022. The perfect blend of esotericism (one of the few places where that can be a positive in a public posting space), history, pride, civility and a meeting of the minds from many individual Ohio villages and towns.

Best S—posting Fanbase

Look at this line-up! It’s like the Playa-Haters Ball from Chappelle’s Show.

I’ve been to the Southwestern Ohio town this fanbase calls home many times, on sunny days and overcast days. Why go to beautiful Newport News when the 937 is only a short drive from home? I know these guys draw the ire of many, and perhaps for good reason, and one person in particular has been a thorn in the side of otherwise reasonable and well-intended posters on here for a while. Nevertheless, they rep their school and sponsoring league with pride in all of their posting. After all, they mean well.

[turns on “Quiet Storm” (Instrumental Version) by Mobb Deep]From the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Bishop Fenwick. Get up here, @10 Inch Falcon and hold up that GCL ballcap for all to see!

Lot of good nominees made the cut on this one, as well -- but there can be only one. I’ve actually never seen this school’s team play before in the flesh, but I always enjoy reading their work on here. Lot of mutual cultural elements between this school and the general traditions I hold dear that I can find in schools by me that also respond to the same European city. The posters of this school speak thoughtfully and discuss their rare complaints in generally polite, reasoned posts. They post in the spirit of great credit to their school, program and alumni base. The 2022 winner of the “Best General Posting Fanbase” is St. Ignatius.
There’s a war going on no one can escape to! It’s a quiet storm fam only the strong survive! #BinB #BTB

Gentlemen,

I am proud to announce the nominees of the Inaugural Docky Posting Awards. Winners to be announced at midnight.

D7 R25 2022
PAC 2022
Dublin Coffman 2022

Best S—posting Thread
D7 R25 2022
WCAL Football 2022
Moeller in a class by themselves
Time to Retire “Hells Bells” from 3rd Down in Stadiums?

Thread That Integrates Local Culture The Best
Battle of Pickerington - OCC
Massillon Football 2022

Best S—posting Fanbase
(Warren John F.) Kennedy
Bishop Fenwick
Springfield
West Holmes
Pickerington North

CVCA
St. Ignatius
Pickerington Central
Canton Central Catholic
Centerville

— — — — —

ayCC!
nwwarrior09
ElDuderino
Harrycrane

sapientia et veritas
YTOWN
TriangleMan
hammer89
hdvhsmgr
ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE 🦅

The generally wry style of @*67 serves as a good delivery for matter-of-the-fact posting that often posits a different light, on a given topic, that traditionally wasn’t seen on high school football boards for the longest time. A healthy sprinkle of brashness helps flavor their posting philosophy of Only Stating Facts, and I give points for the consistency in which they write. Never a dull moment, and no one is safe from getting called out when they’re around! A breath of fresh air on this, at times, musty watering hole.

It's good to see personality come out on message boards, and @ayCC! delivers the right combination of fun and thoughtful across many of the threads they post in. Although my connections to the Toledo area are rather limited, and despite the fact it’s a corner of Ohio I’m not particularly interested in spending too much of my free time experiencing, many of us come out richer with what he brings to the table on the football and basketball side of things – lots of detail interspersed with quality commentating. Breaks the monotony!

@nwwarrior09 is probably the best ambassador of Good Posting that this site has to offer, if we believe that Good Posting encompasses 1) being able to disagree without being completely disagreeable; 2) applying thought and consideration to (nearly) everything that is posted; 3) being knowledgeable on a load of topics, general and situational, and being able to communicate that knowledge with the savvy of how people think. Many posters can get the general idea of #3 right, but not many are able to express that skill as a matter of writing to inform instead of writing to persuade. The latter is a skill mastered by many, but nwwarrior09 does both effectively.

Not one to shy away from controversy, @ElDuderino masters two things well: 1) discussing big-picture concepts pertaining to programs in the Cincinnati and Columbus area well, consistently, and 2) seeing the games well, explaining what he sees and willing to express what he sees as statements of fact as they happen – if one of the Olentangy’s is trending in a direction different from what they started out in August, he’ll say so… recognizing that what happens on the field can change and evolve over the course of the season. Not one to dig his heels in on a particular game/team related matter if he sees enough to change his view. I know his style and what he says can rub people the wrong way, because what he writes isn’t always effusive of Warm and Fuzzies nor does he give deference to Feel-Good Things. But, if you get past that, you see informed and generally balanced opinions that can also challenge you to question your own beliefs and attitudes toward the general status quo of high school football in your backyard and across the state.

@Harrycrane – although the eccentric punctuation and unconventional stream-of-consciousness style can overwhelm uninitiated readers, Harry has been a bedrock of facilitating Central Ohio discussion since the fall of JJHuddle. The 614 diaspora was hard to really, uh… what’s the best word to use, “unwind”(?) or undo. Harry helped get everything back in gear over time. One of the more redeeming qualities of Harry’s work is being able to intertwine the game of HS football with the cultural aspects surrounding the community side to the game, and that’s especially desirable since Central Ohio has undergone so much change in the last 10-15-20 years. Where else has new schools literally been created out of thin air (expansion)? And where else is there a medium to freely express the evolution of Central Ohio through the 21st century as new rivalries, OCC realignment, new coaches and new traditions became woven into the fabric of the local football scene in no small part to that population growth? Nowhere other than Harry’s clubhouse that is the Dublin Coffman thread.
I respectfully disagree

It is good to know that people get value out of my little ramblings. I dedicate it to the rest of my NWO-posting brethren.

Northwest Ohio Realignment never dies!

Appreciate the nod, and glad you "get it" in terms of the style. There are a lot of ppl with terrible opinions on this site, and it's been my experience that while ppl normally wont change in general at all, treating bad opinions with kid gloves tends to let those bad opinions hang around much longer than they should. You may not be able to change the behavior of the person giving the bad opinions, but you can beat their bad opinions into submission quickly so additional time isn't wasted with them. Being blunt best accomplishes that IMO.

Also want to say I greatly appreciate your desire to create content, contests, and writing style, it's so much more interesting than the hopeless homer posts that are far too pervasive here. I was thinking about starting a Discord server for HS football to modernize this content/interaction, but question how many ppl would actually come over.

Olentangy
Whitmer
Coffman
Davidson
Westerville Central
Bradley
Uniontown Green
Anthony Wayne
North Olmsted
Tallmadge

STOP THE COUNT