Team caught with electronic devices?!

Austin.J.Powers

Heard a rumor that a conference leading team in southwest Ohio was caught using Electronics/headsets of some sort.. has anyone else heard this ?

2 Dayton area teams were using walkie talkies between coaches during scrimmages, both schools being notified they can no longer use them. Neither of these teams used them during an actual game once notified that they cannot use them.

Reactions: WTD
2 Dayton area teams were using walkie talkies between coaches during scrimmages, both schools being notified they can no longer use them. Neither of these teams used them during an actual game once notified that they cannot use them.
Why can't they? I don't see a problem!

As of 2020, the word 'electronic' doesn't appear in the NFHS rulebook.

Not saying you're wrong. The NFHS rulebook gets updated all the time. I honestly would like to know for sure. There is a team that is using an electronic device to signal pitches.
From the NFHS Case Book3.3.1 SITUATION P:

An individual occupying a coach’s box has (a) miniature radar gun or (b) any electronic device, including but not limited to a cell phone, smartphone, tablet, netbook or notebook computer.

RULING: Illegal in (a) and (b). The umpire may either restrict the coach to the bench/dugout or eject him from the game.

Not saying you're wrong. The NFHS rulebook gets updated all the time. I honestly would like to know for sure. There is a team that is using an electronic device to signal pitches.
The word “electronic” appears

Rule 1-5-11

Non-traditional playing equipment must be reviewed by the NFHS Baseball Rules Committee before it will be permitted to be used.

The OHSAA views electronics on players as non-traditional equipment.

Furthermore, I am not aware of any state using MFHS rules that views electronics on a player as traditional equipment.

Once the NFHS rules committee (coaches) views them differently, they remain illegal.

Reactions: WTD