Teacher Reacts.... What is the punishment?

What is proper punishment?

• Fired and Prosecuted

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Fired with a deal for no Prosecution

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Get both together for Arbitration

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Nothing, The student got what he deserved.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Whomever threw the first punch should face appropriate charges. Nothing verbal matters.
If the kid threw the first punch, the teacher should be back at work tomorrow.
If the teacher threw the first punch "you are fired"

What ever happened to (words will never hurt me), that used to be the battle cry of good strong people.

The adult teacher fired and charged regardless. Was he defending himself when he stood over the underage child lying on the ground with his hands in a protection position, whom he had been continuously knocking to the ground with punches to the face, and threw more punches to the face? I think the self-defense claim flies out the window at that point.

Whomever threw the first punch should face appropriate charges. Nothing verbal matters.
If the kid threw the first punch, the teacher should be back at work tomorrow.
If the teacher threw the first punch "you are fired"

What ever happened to (words will never hurt me), that used to be the battle cry of good strong people.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me.

We need to toughen the F up and don't let words harm.

Kid got what he deserved..but teacher should a called someone when the punkasskid wouldn't leave.

The adult teacher fired and charged regardless. Was he defending himself when he stood over the underage child lying on the ground with his hands in a protection position, whom he had been continuously knocking to the ground with punches to the face, and threw more punches to the face? I think the self-defense claim flies out the window at that point.
Devils advocate
How many youth are committing violent crime? If the youth used the N word, didn't he get proper punishment? His pride was hurt, but nothing else.

Kid got what he deserved..but teacher should a called someone when the punkasskid wouldn't leave.
So the any hate speech during the these protests on genocide should be tolerated?

Devils advocate
How many youth are committing violent crime? If the youth used the N word, didn't he get proper punishment? His pride was hurt, but nothing else.

First, crime by or among other young people doesn’t enter the equation as justification or a legal defense by the teacher.

With that aside, the question becomes whether using the N word is grounds for violent assault by a teacher upon a student. Legally, no it is not. Socially, many think it is and many on this site are among them.

Every state in this country has laws against sexual contact by a teacher upon a student. I’m of the opinion that violent assault by a teacher upon a student should be illegal also, other than a clear case of self defense. Even then, it should be reasonable and should stop when the threat is over. I’d say there was a point in this interaction where the threat to the teacher had ended, but this teacher was still hitting the student while he was standing over the student who was on the ground with his hands in the protection position.

He’s a minor.

Unless you have a recording or credible eyewitness testimony, you nor anyone else has any idea what the minor child “deserved”.

Looking again, it appears that student who allegedly said the N word might be a minority Latino. Does that change things, seeing as there’s no historical white oppression of black people involved?

Looking again, it appears that student who allegedly said the N word might be a minority Latino. Does that change things, seeing as there’s no historical white oppression of black people involved?
5 people have voted to uphold the norm for our Society. 5 have voted to go against the norm. Interesting..... Does politics have an influence in voting?

At school the use of the N word is cause for suspension NOT a beat down by the teacher.

If the kid threw the first punch the teacher has the right to defend himself. It will be up to people who have access to all the video to determine whether he used the appropriate counter force or not. If it was deemed that the kid threw the first punch and that the teacher used appropriate force in defending himself then the student should be suspended and face assault charges.

But if the teacher threw the first punch he should lose his job and face some sort of assault charge.

At school the use of the N word is cause for suspension NOT a beat down by the teacher.

If the kid threw the first punch the teacher has the right to defend himself. It will be up to people who have access to all the video to determine whether he used the appropriate counter force or not. If it was deemed that the kid threw the first punch and that the teacher used appropriate force in defending himself then the student should be suspended and face assault charges.

But if the teacher threw the first punch he should lose his job and face some sort of assault charge.

Still no one here has addressed my question and comment about the teacher still throwing punches while the student was lying on the ground with his hands up protecting himself. Was that appropriate self defense?

Oh......non whites are allowed to say that word.

Fire teacher...give stident extra credit point for every punch he received.

Still no one here has addressed my question and comment about the teacher still throwing punches while the student was lying on the ground with his hands up protecting himself. Was that appropriate self defense?
In Ohio no. I would say even if the incident started as self-defense, once the teacher obtained the upper hand and there was no longer a need to defend oneself, you cross into the assault zone.

Society has come to a point where certain people think being called a name deserves a violent response. Sadly that’s not how it works legally. I call you a douche bag with no future and you punch me, you have no defense for the assault,

Fair point but I would want to wait until all the video was reviewed (different angles) if the kid threw the first punch. IMO when someone throws a punch at you it's not easy to turn off the anger switch when the fight starts. Now if the kid didn't throw the first punch then this was felony assault by the teacher.

In Ohio no. I would say even if the incident started as self-defense, once the teacher obtained the upper hand and there was no longer a need to defend oneself, you cross into the assault zone.
This is the key point and I'm waiting to hear what they say after reviewing all the evidence. Human beings aren't robots and there has to be at least a few seconds were you can still be throwing punches before you realize that your opponent no longer represents a threat.

Reactions: y2h
This is the key point and I'm waiting to hear what they say after reviewing all the evidence. Human beings aren't robots and there has to be at least a few seconds were you can still be throwing punches before you realize that your opponent no longer represents a threat.
I agree the brain doesn’t commute like a computer does and immediately recognize a change. While there doesn’t seem to be a legitimate time frame of that how long it should take to regain control, I also have bring into question then intent and self-control. Did the teacher if they went too for loose control, not care, not realize he was still punching. Flight, flight, or freeze is a very legitimate human response and while I’m not giving the teacher an “out” if he is in the wrong the psychological response can make you do things you never thought you could or wanted to do.

Ohio’s revised code has culpability implemented into their charges, purposely, knowingly, recklessly, and negligently. Where does he fall in those four if it were in Ohio. Since we aren’t dealing with an Ohio incident what’s that respective state have in terms of mental culpability.

The correct answer is a teacher should never touch a student unless assaulted. But, a side of me likes the kid got his kicked. He wasn't really hurt. Both couldn't hurt anyone.

Yes. There is no such things as hate speech. That BS concept was invented long ago by the JDL and SPLC to mostly guard against perceived antisemitism. It then branched out to cover various “victim” groups.
Tell that to Israelis.

If students know this "could" be an outcome, I'd be amazed how much better student act. I'm ok with this being talked about and determined the punishment, if any. Kid kept coming at the teacher. To me, by the kids size, bad choice.

Yes. There is no such things as hate speech. That BS concept was invented long ago by the JDL and SPLC to mostly guard against perceived antisemitism. It then branched out to cover various “victim” groups.
Even worse is hate crime stipulations. If I commit a crime against you it's obvious I don't have warm intentions toward you.

Its used to pile on additional time in sentencing which the left is typically against but they'll make an exception here as it's almost exclusively used against "oppressive" whites.