Votes: 4 10.5%
  • St. Xavier

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Sycamore

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Troy

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

ok ill go. i think tallawanda will be the strongest. with allan dowller in net and their only main loss being nathan workman, their whole team from last year is back. both hoovers, kidd, swanson, and phillips will all be strong offensively. as for defense, i do not know. does anyone have any info on their defense?

Moeller is the team to beat...its the same every year
Tally might challenge them but i doubt it
Look for St.X to give alot of people trouble this year especailly after their run last season and they returned alot of good people

talwanda has one of the best hockey teams in the state........6'2" phillips, 6'2" swanson, national ranked dowler in the net, newton kid and the hoover brothers

Just out of curiousity, what are the oldest programs in SWO, and what years they started? Like Moeller, Talawanda, Centerville, and Beavercreek.

bennies,

I think Centerville is the oldest program from the south, I could be wrong though, i know Moeller is definately one of the older ones as well.

Also, what happened at the frozen creek finals today? I watched the first period but Springboro was down 5-0 so I left. I didn't really think Clay looked like a 5-0 team over Boro, I thought Boro beat themselves, too much individual work, they don't pass and work together, one guy tries to skate coast to coast, then doesn't take the shot, instead loops around behind the net then tries to force the centering pass as they came around the net, Clay's defense just sat in front of their net waiting on that pass all day.

I only got a chance to watch Beavercreek and Springboro play this weekend. Beavercreek looks like they are actually trying to run a system and work as a team, they're gonna need more than goals from Huber to win games though. They need a couple more guys to step up offensively. I thought they looked good defensively and Dann looked great in net.

With St. X beating both Moeller (4-1) and Talawanda (5-2) last weekend, I think they'd be considered the favorite to win the league title...

I heard that 96 kid from boro is a bruiser...the league is pathetic this year, for anyone to even give it a thread is a douche...

I wouldn't go so far as to label X the favorites just yet. The league play hasn't even started yet so it would be impossible to predict what will happen come the league tourney. Also the way the tourney is set up, any team has a chance but i will tip my hat to them with those 2 wins. :clap:

talawanda and moeller were both missing good players. talawanda had alot of injuries and moeller had a few kids suspended. it seemed like tally had hardly any players at all on their bench throughout the tourney.
as for moeller penalities destroyed them. x had penalities too but they were solid in their pp and pk. moeller was not.
if both of those teams dressed all their rostered players, those 2 wins for x would definately not have come as easy as they did, if at all.

Soccer

Although Moe was missing a few men, and their goalie lacked "experience," a victory is a victory (and x was missing stud defenseman kenny "Hipcheck" Doud). Talawanda to my knowledge wasn't missing anyone of importance. Sam Bell was ripping shots not only right, but also left... (wait upon reminiscing only right), indeed he outscored Moeller single-handedly. This goes without mentioning an astonishing rocket by Jordy Kamp that ended up top shelf leaving the goalie flabergasted (The ref had his hand raised ready to call icing before the puck ended up in the net). Assistant Captain Jay Grombala had this to say during his post-victory eulogy: "This was a gift, and no not a christmas gift."

Moeller and Beavercreek

I think when all is said and done it will be Moeller and Beavercreek that win their divisions and play for the league championship.

Springboro looks good offensively, but goaltending is suspect. Troy will be good by the end of the season. They have a lot of kids on varsity that have not played there before, they did a lot of standing around in the game i saw, again goaltending is suspect. C'ville may end up in last, they are soooo young and inexperienced. Alter should get out of the cellar.

Tally is young also, X may surprise some, Sycamore will only beat C'ville.

How has Springboro done so far and what were their scores?

talawanda destroys sycamore 9-0. pretty much everyone on tallys squad got a goal, and drew hoover got 4. x falls to moeller 3-2. so much for ur homosexual little summary of the previous stx/moe game, xhockey. too bad then cant win when it counts...:clap:

St. X 5 Sycamore 3
Talawanda 6 Moeller 1

Moeller vs. Sycamore and Talawanda vs. St. X today

With creek getting Lee back i think they should be back on top for the favorites to win the league, with him they have the best offensive player in the SWOHSHL. There defense is probably the best all around defense, and Dann is and has been one of the best goalies in the league so right now they are my pick to win.

Talawanda over St. X today 4-2.

I don't know if the north has had league games yet but out of the south so far:

Talawanda 3-0
Moeller 2-1
St. X 1-2
Sycamore 0-3

I'll hand it to Moeller on beating us. We had a lot more opportunities that we should have capitalized on, but we couldn't finish. I think we actually outworked Moeller but they just got that last goal in the net... so congrats to them. As for the Talawanda game, I know Ben Hoover personally and he just had an amazing game against us so don't count us out yet.:wallbang:

slapshot26 said:
x falls to moeller 3-2. so much for ur homosexual little summary of the previous stx/moe game, xhockey. too bad then cant win when it counts...:clap:

, xhockey69, this guy just figured us out. dude you're right, every one of us is gay. see you in college.....actually no that was a joke.