SWO Transfer News

Correct. He will either be at a prep school or back at Lebanon from what I'm hearing. If it was completely up to him, he would be back at Lebanon at least next year to play with incoming freshman Jayshawn Coffey (top 20 8th grader in the country).
It should be completely up to him to stay at Lebanon.

Correct. He will either be at a prep school or back at Lebanon from what I'm hearing. If it was completely up to him, he would be back at Lebanon at least next year to play with incoming freshman Jayshawn Coffey (top 20 8th grader in the country).
Sounds like an endorsement for Chivington.

Lebanon loses eight seniors. It will be Thompson's team. For some that would be appealing, but not everyone.

It was stated that his father would like to drag him off somewhere else. Now if there is a good reason for his family to move, then fine, but if it's just to exploit his child, then no.
I wouldn't say he wants to drag him off. The family wouldn't move, he would go to a prep school. He has a brother heading into 8th grade next year. Word is some of the schools recruiting him think it would be good for him to go to a prep school and practice against better competition, but others are saying he should stay at Lebanon to finish what he started. This would definitely not be about exploiting Anthony. It would be all about making him a better player if he went the prep school route. He already plays with a few kids from La Lumiere on his AAU team. His parents are good people and only want what is best for their kids.

I wouldn't say he wants to drag him off. The family wouldn't move, he would go to a prep school. He has a brother heading into 8th grade next year. Word is some of the schools recruiting him think it would be good for him to go to a prep school and practice against better competition, but others are saying he should stay at Lebanon to finish what he started. This would definitely not be about exploiting Anthony. It would be all about making him a better player if he went the prep school route. He already plays with a few kids from La Lumiere on his AAU team. His parents are good people and only want what is best for their kids.
As a fan of the sport, I'd hate to see it happen as I still hold onto the nobility of taking your hometown team as far as it could go, as we all do. But Anthony does fit a profile of someone who could personally benefit from a prep route. Who's the last Lebanon hoops player to go D1? He towers over everyone in the program even though he'd be best played as a Tayshaun Prince type at the next level. It looks to me like Lebanon is giving him the freedom to be whatever he wants on offense and defense. He scored in a lot of different ways this year and didn't usually ask him to guard bigs just because he was so tall and long. That freedom could be appealing but a prep route could pigeon-hole him into excelling in a specific role. I can see the pros to either move.

As a fan of the sport, I'd hate to see it happen as I still hold onto the nobility of taking your hometown team as far as it could go, as we all do. But Anthony does fit a profile of someone who could personally benefit from a prep route. Who's the last Lebanon hoops player to go D1? He towers over everyone in the program even though he'd be best played as a Tayshaun Prince type at the next level. It looks to me like Lebanon is giving him the freedom to be whatever he wants on offense and defense. He scored in a lot of different ways this year and didn't usually ask him to guard bigs just because he was so tall and long. That freedom could be appealing but a prep route could pigeon-hole him into excelling in a specific role. I can see the pros to either move.
I'm all for the prep school route for junior year and comeback senior year and finish, go out see where your skill level is with other top guys and bring that back home for a run in your last year of HS

Thompson is a big time talent with Power 5 offers. Comes from a quality family. Not sure where the "exploitation" statements come from, who would exploit him, or even what it means? Rather dramatic.
Am I the only one here that saw mention of NIL?

Thompson is a big time talent with Power 5 offers. Comes from a quality family. Not sure where the "exploitation" statements come from, who would exploit him, or even what it means? Rather dramatic.
You can call it what you will, Rick. I already admitted I was complaining for selfish reasons.

Does he not play with players more equal to his abilities during the summer season? I thought that was the whole purpose of that money grab. So that college coaches could have it easier on the recruiting trail.

Only having seen video highlights of the kid, seems like Taft matches his style of play. Interesting. Wonder if his boy Kam will stay at WW.
What is Taft's style of play? Chivington is known for his uptempo approach. At least, that is how he was advertised when coming to Lebanon.