SWO HS Hockey

Yup.
And last year Talawanda and Sycamore could have knocked off anyone in the state on a given night too. Maybe not consistantly, but on a given night.

Thats what I'm trying to say, especially in the playoffs it dosent come down to skills as much as it comes down to who shows up to play on a given night

My opinion.
Last year Moeller, St. X, Talawanda amd Sycamore (maybe Alter) could beat any of the Columbus teams.
They could also beat the top Cleveland or Toledo teams 2-3 times out of 10.
Winning State is a long shot, but not impossible!

My opinion.
Last year Moeller, St. X, Talawanda amd Sycamore (maybe Alter) could beat any of the Columbus teams.
They could also beat the top Cleveland or Toledo teams 2-3 times out of 10.
Winning State is a long shot, but not impossible!

moe is a regular up in cleveland now, ask most people with the program and they'll tell you that as well. Moe has had some reasonable success up there .

U Pick Em

Here's how I see it:

1) Moeller
2) St X
3) Talawanda
4) Alter
5) Sycamore
6) Beavercreek
7) Centerville
8) Troy
9) Springboro

'Creek could finish higher because they have goaltending but not into the top 3, St X and Talawanda are probably interchangeable ( that on any given day thing)....I think Moeller is again the favorite to win the league, but can they get it done?

Thats always been a problem for them. Last year they were #1 in the district and ranked in the top 10 for the entire state and still couldn't win the league :wallbang:

Yea, they were also knocked out in the second round of state by Alter

speaking of which how does Alter look this year, I, know they faired well last year but did their two stars graduate or what? because that's what I have been hearing

I believe one of their best players last year is returning. He is a D-man , but as far as I know their other 2 players graduated last year.

Yea, i remember that they had some kid from Minnesota and that was the kid that I knew was graduating. Speaking of kids that aren't from here that played, didn't St. X lose a stud from Germany or something??

i think your talking about two different kids. Two seasons ago the exchange student was from Sweden and was pretty good. Last season I believe the student was from Germany and was nat nearly as strong a player.

I dont know much about Southern Ohio hockey, but I do know that St. Edward from Cleveland is going to do exceptionally well this year--my pick from teams north of Columbus

tryouts for swohshl teams are this weekend.
A quick look at the varsity schedules for Moeller, St X and Tally show that they are playing the top teams in the state. (St. Iggy, St John, St Francis, Gilmour, Parma, Univ School etc). Nice schedules boys!
4 or 5 years ago the top teams from up North would not even look at a team from Cincy.
Kudos to local hockey!

tryouts for swohshl teams are this weekend.
A quick look at the varsity schedules for Moeller, St X and Tally show that they are playing the top teams in the state. (St. Iggy, St John, St Francis, Gilmour, Parma, Univ School etc). Nice schedules boys!
4 or 5 years ago the top teams from up North would not even look at a team from Cincy.
Kudos to local hockey!

Dont even get the Moeller kids started on that, they heard that soapbox every day last year:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Talawanda V Centerville

Dont even get the Moeller kids started on that, they heard that soapbox every day last year:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

Talawanda and Centerville open with preseason scrimmages Saturday night......anybody else playing this weekend?

Centerville 1 Talawanda 3
lakota w 13 badin 1
centerville 4 moe 5 (fri)

Last edited:
i thought that moller would be good but centerville almost beat them in preseason, i heard that moller came back and won but, i watched until the third period. and ceterville dominated.

i thought that moller would be good but centerville almost beat them in preseason, i heard that moller came back and won but, i watched until the third period. and ceterville dominated.

just keep this is your mind, this is the preseason, and teams aren't up to their potential, and things are still probably being shuffled around.

just wait a few weeks, thats all