Swbl

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will find out a lot about Northridge this weekend they lose these two and they might not have a shot at league
Passed first test with ease. I was surprised at the score. Assume Carlisle had trouble getting back on defense?

Passed first test with ease. I was surprised at the score. Assume Carlisle had trouble getting back on defense?
Yes they did Carlisle better get it going tonight against Oakwood they got this year and next to make a run after that they will be the new Dixie not to sound mean but after next year they don’t stand a chance playing bigger schools

Last edited:
Yes they did Carlisle better get it going tonight against Oakwood they got this year and next to make a run after that they will be the new Dixie not to sound mean but after next year they don’t stand a chance playing bigger schools
For anyone that remembers the days before the two division split in 2001 know that Carlisle was Dixie before Dixie. Honestly they are the new Dixie now. Not sure what’s happening there last 3 years but they are not even able to compete in the Buckeye division.

For anyone that remembers the days before the two division split in 2001 know that Carlisle was Dixie before Dixie. Honestly they are the new Dixie now. Not sure what’s happening there last 3 years but they are not even able to compete in the Buckeye division.
Buckeye Division has been decent with Waynesville, Madison and Northridge.

Buckeye Division has been decent with Waynesville, Madison and Northridge.
Buckeye Division has been very solid lately. Throw in Preble Shawnee as they had a run in 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 where they contended to win a league title (went 20-4 overall in a 2 year span in the Buckeye Division).

Looking at scores from this weekend and I'm surprised to see that Brookville lost to TCN. From the box score it doesn't appear that Brookville was missing any key players. I'm interested to hear if anyone has some insight on that game? I know TCN has one really good player, but as a team they are very weak. Will likely be under .500 in a very bad CCC this year.

I here Shawnee people crowing about a future d1 caliber 8th grader. Better than the Brumbaugh freshman for Milton. I was wondering if anyone has seen him play?

I here Shawnee people crowing about a future d1 caliber 8th grader. Better than the Brumbaugh freshman for Milton. I was wondering if anyone has seen him play?
I talk with a lot of Preble Shawnee people so I have a lot of insight on him. I've also seen him play multiple times, and the kid is very good. A little backstory on him, he was strategically held back for sports, and I really applaud Preble Shawnee, because they were not going to let his family do that. It was his 6th grade year, and the family moved the kid to TVS for a year, had him redo 6th grade, and then went back to Preble Shawnee for 7th grade. It's pretty crazy if you ask me... anyways, he's already 6'2/6'3 and has the skills of a point guard. He's just a good scorer overall. I watched him play in the Varsity summer league a couple years back as Preble Shawnee coaches were playing him with their Varsity team as a 7th grader. He was actually scoring points and looked as if he could fit right in already. I'm not sure the kid has ever lost a game at any level. Not only that but his supporting cast is pretty good. Preble Shawnee is about to be very good in the next 2-3 years.

I talk with a lot of Preble Shawnee people so I have a lot of insight on him. I've also seen him play multiple times, and the kid is very good. A little backstory on him, he was strategically held back for sports, and I really applaud Preble Shawnee, because they were not going to let his family do that. It was his 6th grade year, and the family moved the kid to TVS for a year, had him redo 6th grade, and then went back to Preble Shawnee for 7th grade. It's pretty crazy if you ask me... anyways, he's already 6'2/6'3 and has the skills of a point guard. He's just a good scorer overall. I watched him play in the Varsity summer league a couple years back as Preble Shawnee coaches were playing him with their Varsity team as a 7th grader. He was actually scoring points and looked as if he could fit right in already. I'm not sure the kid has ever lost a game at any level. Not only that but his supporting cast is pretty good. Preble Shawnee is about to be very good in the next 2-3 years.
What is this kids name? I have heard a lot about him.

They had some teams I wasn’t trying to be mean about anything I just think with that new league I don’t see how they handle that league year in year out
As a arrow myself I’ve seen him a lot and he is 100% the real deal, most of his middle school games he doesn’t even try to score in the 2nd half the best part of his game is the passes he makes kid can see the court like no other middle school kid I’ve seen. With him and Singleton back next year the Arrows should be pretty good heading into there last season in the SWBL.

Last edited:
I’d ask any one that has watched Blake Brumbaugh play if this young man is better. Blake is a rare talent. Maybe as good but I’d be careful saying he’s better. Blake was dunking the ball in 8th grade. Not saying this youngster isn’t better.

I can't say how he compares to Blake Brumbaugh (I've never seen him live) but looking at Brumbaugh's numbers, he's very impressive for a Freshman. I'd guess the Shawnee kid will come in as a Freshman and averages around 15 points, 5 assists per game and I'd expect him to hit a bunch of three pointers as well. The thing about the Shawnee kid (could be the same for the MU kid), is that he does whatever it takes to win, and he's scrappy, and that's what will make him special. I've said it before, but when the new league forms, Preble Shawnee and Tri Village are going to have some absolute battles. Tri Village is loaded from the Sophomore class down.

TV has a great program. Shawnee got the best of Milton last week and that isn’t a surprise. The Arrows are turning it on right now. Blake has had a decent season so far. He will get even better by seasons end. He’s a real team player so he shares the ball quite a bit. With that said he’s had the ball stolen from him too.

I’ve seen him and he’s a very good 8th grader, but certainly not a future D1 kid. You guys watch College basketball on TV?? Nice player, but c’mon.

I’ve seen him and he’s a very good 8th grader, but certainly not a future D1 kid. You guys watch College basketball on TV?? Nice player, but c’mon.
I didn't say he was a d1 player. Thats whats being reported out of the Shawnee area. I was trying to think besides Kennard who was the last swbl d1 scholarship ?

Zac denny come to mind valley view

Last edited:
I didn't say he was a d1 player. Thats whats being reported out of the Shawnee area. I was trying to think besides Kennard who was the last swbl d1 scholarship ?

Zac denny come to mind valley view
I wouldn't go as far as calling him a D1 player either. I never said that. I have said he's going to be a very good player, and I do believe he will. I believe he has a chance to be one of the better players Preble Shawnee has ever had. I have heard some people from Shawnee talking like they think he's the next Kennard, and I do think that is very funny.

As for D1 basketball players from the SWBL, another one I can think of is the Hassell kid from Valley View that went to Penn State in the early/mid 2000's. Other than that I can't think of any.

How tall is he now?
I would guess he's anywhere between 6'0-6'2. He's pretty tall already. But looks like he weighs about 125 pounds. He will definitely need to bulk up some. He was pictured in the Preble Shawnee summer league championship team picture, and as an 8th grader he looked like one of the taller kids on the team.

I would guess he's anywhere between 6'0-6'2. He's pretty tall already. But looks like he weighs about 125 pounds. He will definitely need to bulk up some. He was pictured in the Preble Shawnee summer league championship team picture, and as an 8th grader he looked like one of the taller kids on the team.

Terrific. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.