Sugarcreek Garaway Job

4 coaches in 12 seasons....

Any word on who could be next or has interest? I heard very few returners, numbers are way down in middle school, and youth program has been abandoned for many years.

Garaway has to be one of the winningest girls programs in state history.

The last staff did not communicate well with other coaches in the area, had no interest in promoting off-season basketball and really didn't leave much for the next coach. It will be challenging to make noise in the IVC if they stay on a branch with Hiland and Tusky Valley, however - there is always room for progress in the Eastern District, which traditionally has some very bad teams.

There are plenty of young coaches around who are looking for their first shot. It will be up to the administration and parents/community to give whoever they hire a chance and 4-5 years before being too critical.

I know many people in the community...from what I heard the candidate list was not long nor was it filled w/ former varsity coaches w/ good track records.

Coach Numbers has been coaching on the boys side at different levels. Garaway grad. I won't speculate he has daughters in the system, but probably a good chance.

I've heard the program is in very bad shape. I believe they have had 4 coaches in the last 12 years. Kind of the norm now....