Suburban League National 2024

Wadsworth
Nordonia
Hudson

Although I could be swayed to picking Hudson 2nd. From what I understand, Hudson is not deep at all in the trenches. Losing the kid to graduation/Virginia Tech will be a major problem. Hudson is the best coached team in the league and it isn't even close. That usually is good for at least one or two more wins than their talent alone, which is 3rd best in the league. So maybe they beat Nordonia.

Wadsworth is pretty strong across the board. Only weakness I can see is football IQ. But they have the physical talent to dominate.

Nordonia as brian mentioned, is solid. I'm not certain the sophomore is a game changer just yet though. A lot to ask of him.

Twinsburg loses a lot to graduation. But Pollock will give them a punchers chance in most games. Hopefully he stays healthy, which won't be easy with as much as he is going to have to do.

Brecksville intrigues me a bit. Was last season a fluke? On paper, they don't seem to be good, but they shouldn't have been as good as they were last season either.

NR and Stow - not a lot in the tank. NR has a lot of heart and moxie though. Stow, nothing much to speak of. And they have to go on the road against the 2 teams they might be able to beat (NR and Twinsburg). I'm not sure if they play Solon on the road or at home. They might be able to compete with them.

Solon - such a bad program for such a big school. I think they'll finish around 4th or 5th. I know their senior class isn't very good. Not sure about what the junior class has.

Stow is the largest school district in Summit County as well. Can’t say they don’t have the numbers to pick from.
Walsh has several of the best players who live in Stow. Holy Family parish is really good at getting kids interested in Catholic high school. It is a big part of their culture.

Whats the “Football IQ” dig on Wadsworth stem from?
exactly...lol..would love to hear that... those wads kids been playing tackle football together since 1st or 2nd grade, coached right all the way through. very intelligent kids, too....who eat, sleep, breathe football over there. The HS coaching staff is top notch right now, also.

Last edited:
Whats the “Football IQ” dig on Wadsworth stem from?
I've seen and heard of them committing a ton of penalties. A lot of it stems from aggressiveness, I'm sure, because there is plenty of that. But they just don't seem to play smart and disciplined. Also, a ton of turnovers in the Medina game. The talent is there to make a deep run in the playoffs. But doubling up a team on penalty yards and committing 5 turnovers will spell doom for them in a tough game.

How’s spring training been for y’all? Guys putting in the work? Getting strong? Let’s hear some of those numbers from the weight room!!
Wadsworth has a big off season strength training & speed program- been doing so since late November, every week. huge regular and perfect attendance by many... at 5:45 am!

Wadsworth has a big off season strength training & speed program- been doing so since late November, every week. huge regular and perfect attendance by many... at 5:45 am!
Does Wadsworth have a strength coach or is it just a position coach running the session?

Does Wadsworth have a strength coach or is it just a position coach running the session?
I don’t believe they have a strength Coach per say Coach Todd is very hands on with pretty much every aspect of that program, including that. Plenty of assistants there quite a bit too

I don’t believe they have a strength Coach per say Coach Todd is very hands on with pretty much every aspect of that program, including that. Plenty of assistants there quite a bit too
that is correct..... and, i believe there is a close connection between him and a college S & C Coach.

Wadsworth just hired Tim Campbell as their new AD, effective in June. Campbell, who lives in Wadsworth, had been the S & C Coach at Akron U for many years. Nice hire for Wadsworth. His expertise will surely benefit all athletes.