STVM 2022-2023

Khoi Thurmon and Amire Robinson transferred from Copley to Buchtel after their sophomore seasons. Thurmon is going to Purdue-Fort Wayne next year and Robinson is going to Nevada.

Those are the ones I know of.
I often wondered what kind of run Buchtel could have made if Kentucky freshman Chris Livingston hadn't of transferred out the year those two moved in,,,,,

I really don’t understand your hate and disdain for St V. You’ve never had one good thing to say about the Irish. This is a St V thread. If you want to talk about all the great things about Hoban start you your own thread. It’s not that hard.
last time I checked this is an open forum and such we can discuss and express our opinions freely. If you don't like what someone has to say then scroll on by. Having said that I do not hate St V and usually i am responding to something that was said. I am a Hoban supporter and make no apologies for that.

last time I checked this is an open forum and such we can discuss and express our opinions freely. If you don't like what someone has to say then scroll on by. Having said that I do not hate St V and usually i am responding to something that was said. I am a Hoban supporter and make no apologies for that.
An open forum and thread to talk about St V basketball…

See posts 114 and 124 (and I was just going back a couple of screens). You weren’t responding to anything. You are a hater of St V. You’ve attacked the school and coaches (unprovoked) multiple times on posts.

C'mon, now. You make apologies for Hoban all the time...

An open forum and thread to talk about St V basketball…

See posts 114 and 124 (and I was just going back a couple of screens). You weren’t responding to anything. You are a hater of St V. You’ve attacked the school and coaches (unprovoked) multiple times on posts.
So I am a hater because I posted Hoban was still playing and Hoban was in the sweet 16 on a ST. V. thread? Little sensitive aren't we? Go read summit county BB thread and see how disrespected Hoban is from St V supporters. There is no love loss on either side but I do not hate St V or its supporters.

So I am a hater because I posted Hoban was still playing and Hoban was in the sweet 16 on a ST. V. thread? Little sensitive aren't we? Go read summit county BB thread and see how disrespected Hoban is from St V supporters. There is no love loss on either side but I do not hate St V or its supporters.
Not sensitive at all.

Please don’t make me go find the negative things you have said about the st v coaches (Coach Joyce comes to mind with regards to what a terrible coach you think he is), the athletic programs (how the basketball team built their program (you were over the top about Seth Wilson and others come to mind), and the school.

Disdain and hate

Last edited:
Not sensitive at all.

Please don’t make me go find the negative things you have said about the st v coaches (Coach Joyce comes to mind with regards to what a terrible coach you think he is), the athletic programs (how the basketball team built their program (you were over the top about Seth Wilson and others come to mind), and the school.

Disdain and hate
Seth Wilson? Don't remember saying anything negative about him. He was a nice player and I had watched him since he was in 3rd grade on the AAU circuit. Don't remember saying negative things about Dru Joyce coaching either but anything's possible. If you feel the need to go back in history then by all means go for it. Take your hate with you. I do not hate and I have stated that a few times now.

I hope the StV does not plan to refigure their numbers so they can drop to D2 next season.
Would love to know how a school can refigure their numbers. The numbers are what the numbers are.

The Irish have no issues playing in D1. You’ve never heard the coach or the school have any issue with it. They were D1 in 2019 and played in the state championship game.

I often wondered what kind of run Buchtel could have made if Kentucky freshman Chris Livingston hadn't of transferred out the year those two moved in,,,,,
That would have been an incredible collection of talent! Livingston's high school career was a little uneven with all the moving around. But if he had played at Buchtel with a floor general like Thurman (to go along with the others!) that would have been remarkable. And, if it had happened, then I'd guess that Buchtel would be putting it's second state title trophy into it's trophy case this year!

Maybe LeBron will pay it off and they’ll let Romeo go with a slap on the wrist. Good thought anyway.
He isn't going to get a slap on the wrist, and with the tax evasion being aimed at also avoiding child support, IMO he isn't entitled to one. Restitution would certainly help, but he is still looking at jail time. Not a lot (depending on your point of view), but enough (again depending on your point of view!). As far as his ties to STVM, he has to permanently dismissed from any formal connection with the basketball program. You don't "shun" him because you never turn your back on family when times get hard. But, by his own hand, he has cost himself the right and the opportunity to be an integral part of the Irish basketball program. At least that's how I view it.

Last edited:
Would love to know how a school can refigure their numbers. The numbers are what the numbers are.

The Irish have no issues playing in D1. You’ve never heard the coach or the school have any issue with it. They were D1 in 2019 and played in the state championship game.
They have commonly kept their enrollment numbers to a point where they were in D2. Now with the Cb formula, they control the kids seeing varsity time and only have to report those kids for the following season.

They have commonly kept their enrollment numbers to a point where they were in D2. Now with the Cb formula, they control the kids seeing varsity time and only have to report those kids for the following season.
You cannot honestly believe that STVM (or any school for that matter) intentionally limits its enrollment in order to maintain its OHSAA classification!?! That's just silly.