Struthers football 2022

I'm not familiar with Braham. What position does he play? I know a Barrett that was on the roster
RB/LB

Sophmore probably the best back on the roster if we’re being honest. I think early on in the year he will play more defense but he’s the type that can wear on you. The cats have a bunch of nice pieces it’ll be how well they spread it around and keep fresh kids in at all times

Cats looking to run a spread run heavy offense this season. This is good and will suit their talent.

I presume that means Dukes will be the QB.
I actually thought about this a couple weeks ago. A run heavy spread offense is a great fit for Dukes. I imagine something like the 2016 offense, only with more spread concepts… maybe more up tempo as well. I think if Gryzb were gonna be the QB, they wouldn’t really change the offense. It’d be more like the offense in 2019 and 2020.

I wonder if Dukes plays much defense this year, if any? I think he’s better on defense. And if he has any D1 potential, it’s probably as a DB. But if they’re changing up the offensive scheme for him, then he’s more important to the offense.
He’s also excellent returning kicks and punts.
Maybe he plays only offense against the weaker opponents, and plays more in all phases against the stronger opponents?

OL should be better. Clyde, Grewe and Sakara back. Need guys to step up.

They have several RBs that could start, but they realistically only need 2 or 3. Only so many carries to go around, with the QB being more involved. I’d like Carter and Braham to split the lion’s share of the RB duties.

WR lost a couple guys, but they still have talent. Ekoniak, Gryzb, Pascarella, Carcelli, etc.
They probably won’t throw much. And I have no idea what kind of arm Dukes has. But the receivers should be pretty good.

I expect the offense to be a lot better. They should be good, regardless. And very good to great if they get the OL figured out.

I have no idea what kind of scheme the defense will run. So I can’t really speculate. Seems like it changes every couple years. But that side of the ball should also be better. Almost everyone back on D.

That will most definitely play to their strengths. Still need development from the oline to pull it off though. Still have some holes to fill.

I do like their scrimmages this year. West Branch and JFK will be very good indicators of what kind of team Struthers has this year. Good luck to the Wildcats this year!

Very good scrimmages.

Will Struthers have a Freshman team this year? It seems like more and more programs are having a hard time fielding a freshman team.

I presume that means Dukes will be the QB.
I actually thought about this a couple weeks ago. A run heavy spread offense is a great fit for Dukes. I imagine something like the 2016 offense, only with more spread concepts… maybe more up tempo as well. I think if Gryzb were gonna be the QB, they wouldn’t really change the offense. It’d be more like the offense in 2019 and 2020.

I wonder if Dukes plays much defense this year, if any? I think he’s better on defense. And if he has any D1 potential, it’s probably as a DB. But if they’re changing up the offensive scheme for him, then he’s more important to the offense.
He’s also excellent returning kicks and punts.
Maybe he plays only offense against the weaker opponents, and plays more in all phases against the stronger opponents?

OL should be better. Clyde, Grewe and Sakara back. Need guys to step up.

They have several RBs that could start, but they realistically only need 2 or 3. Only so many carries to go around, with the QB being more involved. I’d like Carter and Braham to split the lion’s share of the RB duties.

WR lost a couple guys, but they still have talent. Ekoniak, Gryzb, Pascarella, Carcelli, etc.
They probably won’t throw much. And I have no idea what kind of arm Dukes has. But the receivers should be pretty good.

I expect the offense to be a lot better. They should be good, regardless. And very good to great if they get the OL figured out.

I have no idea what kind of scheme the defense will run. So I can’t really speculate. Seems like it changes every couple years. But that side of the ball should also be better. Almost everyone back on D.
Sanchez played lights out against Poland last year and ran for chunks all night long. It’s all about his mentality when he plays. I think all 3 backs will play at times, i would like to see 2 backs next to dukes in the backfield. Then you interchange one all night long and keep everyone fresh.

Carcelli should start on defense as well as braham, who all plays in the secondary and where is the key. I think farina will
Be at corner with Sanchez and then dukes/gryzb/carcelli all at safety at certain times. Carter will be the key wherever they want to put him, at backer or at the string safety spot again

Sad I would rather not play at Thomas Aquinas now that they dropped to D7 and won’t win many games at all if any smh

STA actually didn’t look like that bad of an addition at first. Their Head coach, who had some good success there, quit a few weeks before the start of the season. So all of their best players transferred out.
Then their enrollment dropped considerably...

Regardless, didn’t we try to get out of it this year? And they insisted on playing?

Doubles start in 2 weeks, the last 2 years have been brutal for wildcat fans on the gridiron. Rumor mill has been Carter will be getting a much larger amount of reps at RB going forward this season “I love that”. We could see a 2 headed monster in the backfield with Carter and dukes

Interesting schedule note for 2023 and 2024.

Weeks 1, 2 and 3 are open on arbiter.
Isn’t week 2 at Geneva? Unless that’s just a 1 year deal.
Weeks 1 and 3 are both for sure open. No chance at all that STA is renewed, and Streetsboro has already posted that they’re.looking for a week 3 opponent in ‘23 and ’24. Struthers hasn’t posted any openings yet… so maybe they already have those dates filled?

Girard moves from week 9 to week 4. The current weeks 4-8 games, South Range, Hubbard, Lakeview, Jefferson and Niles all move back a week. Interesting that Jefferson is still on the schedule. And Poland remains in week 10.

Weeks 1 and 3 are both for sure open. No chance at all that STA is renewed, and Streetsboro has already posted that they’re.looking for a week 3 opponent in ‘23 and ’24. Struthers hasn’t posted any openings yet… so maybe they already have those dates filled?

Girard moves from week 9 to week 4. The current weeks 4-8 games, South Range, Hubbard, Lakeview, Jefferson and Niles all move back a week. Interesting that Jefferson is still on the schedule. And Poland remains in week 10.
Happy STA isn't renewed. There is something to a week one confidence booster victory but that team serves zero benefits to the cats in all other regards.

I think the conference schedule was already set years in advance and they just haven’t updated it to remove Jefferson