Strongsville 4-2 @ Dover 5-0

Doverbuck1

This should be a dandy Strongsville may very well be the best team Dover has played with a big line including a D1 Clemson commit and capable backs.
Dover defense has been solid all year very good run defense and a good pass rush. Offensively Dover has not passed much but can pass and will to keep defenses honest.
Looking forward to a good one at the Brickhouse.

This should be a dandy Strongsville may very well be the best team Dover has played with a big line including a D1 Clemson commit and capable backs.
Dover defense has been solid all year very good run defense and a good pass rush. Offensively Dover has not passed much but can pass and will to keep defenses honest.
Looking forward to a good one at the Brickhouse.
Oh boy, the Strongsville may very well be the best team Dover has played comment, might take effect to the Canfield posters, if they see it. Get ready

Oh boy, the Strongsville may very well be the best team Dover has played comment, might take effect to the Canfield posters, if they see it. Get ready
I mean really, all do respect to Canfield Strongsville is a good div 1 team. For Dover to win they will need to pass a little more. Maybe 5 wide some times be balanced.

I am not bothered, Strongsville has a pretty solid team this year for sure, not spectacular by any means. I haven't seen Strongsville play enough this year to determine how they compare to Dover or Canfield (I only saw one quarter of one game thus far).

I looked at Strongsvilles D1 history and they usually make the playoffs while dealing with Mentor,Solon and several other traditionally good D1 teams.
They also just beat previously unbeaten D1 Heights I watched Heights destroy Hoover on opening night,the Strongsville win is impressive. Maybe we can get those Mahoning county officials to help us out again on Friday.

The city of Dover needs to embrace how good this team is. They seem to only care about the NP game. Dover is ranked in the top 5 in the state. That doesn’t happen every year. This team is a state contender and they just care about beating a terrible NP team.

Just a couple notes. Bruce Drenan will be calling the game Friday on WJER radio.
Secondly the Dover Strongsville game is one of 4 games that are up for the Cleveland Browns high school game of the week,the game is selected by popular vote. If Dover Strongsville is selected the winning team will get $2,500 from the Browns with a chance at another $5;000 at the conclusion of the regular season. Doverr Strongsville fans get busy and vote for this game!

Just a couple notes. Bruce Drenan will be calling the game Friday on WJER radio.
Secondly the Dover Strongsville game is one of 4 games that are up for the Cleveland Browns high school game of the week,the game is selected by popular vote. If Dover Strongsville is selected the winning team will get $2,500 from the Browns with a chance at another $5;000 at the conclusion of the regular season. Doverr Strongsville fans get busy and vote for this game!
Can you send the link?

As good as Dover had played this year I don't know if they can match up with the size of Strongsville. Strongsville was overmatched against Medina but last week against a solid Cleveland Heights team that has a ton of speed Strongsville had their way. The Heights team may be the most athletic team I've seen in awhile. Strongsville just X and O'd them to death. I've underestimated Dover in the past and had some crow to eat but I think I am safe this week.

Strongsville will obviously be a huge challenge physically but so was Akron East .
The same old stuff will come in to play,turnovers penalties and if I were to think what area Dover needs to improve it is cleaning up penalties ,technique has been impressive all year. No disrespect to Strongsville but Dover has 2 hall of fame coaches on staff,we won’t be out coached. Weather looks like it will be fantastic so we should have a big crowd,Crater has been an intimidating place for a lot of visitors but considering the schools Strongsville plays they will not notice.
How well does Strongsville travel?

Strongsville’s head coach, Cirino is a very good coach. Defensive guy. Trouble they run into is the OC is not the best. Did make a switch to a bigger running back which has helped. Clemson kid is as good as advertised and dominated Vernon kid from Mentor(Notre Dame recruit) and kid from Brunswick(West Virginia recruit) last year. Should be a good game.

It was ten play setup, neither team scored. Ridgewood dropped a touchdown pass and strongsville got stopped the last two plays from the one yd line

I think we in T county are just looking for any kind of information we can get. Our local paper no longer does pre game articles,even post game stories are not published until Sunday.

Fans of either team should vote for the Browns high school game of the week.

My comparison to East was the line size,322,295,320,330,340,290 but obviously not the skill set.
I have been guilty of being hard on Dover in the past. This year's Dover team is very talented and should make a great run come playoff time. This Friday though they will need to play their best to stay in the game. The good thing is the way Strongsville plays offense it won't be a high scoring game. Therefore Dover should be in it the entire game. I just think Strongsville will eat the clock with long drives and if Dover makes a mistake they may not see the ball for 8-9 minutes.

I think we in T county are just looking for any kind of information we can get. Our local paper no longer does pre game articles,even post game stories are not published until Sunday.
Video's on max preps for their highlights, run shotgun with one RB 95% of time with 2 to 4 wr their line is huge and they have a stud RB and their qb is a duel threat.

Dover has started every game slow but with purpose as they probe for what will work,it will be paramount that they hang in until they figure it out this week. Special teams has been pretty solid,good tackling,kickoffs are finding the end zone more often and a 40 yard field goal against Steubenville protection has been a little iffy at times,no blocks yet but a few close ones.

I saw Ridgewood scrimmage Strongsville and Strongsville is BIG!
Strongsville is D1 Ridgewood is D5 so will we have a true measure of How good Strongsville is? Look Ridgewood is an excellent program put when you have that big of a difference in student enrollment who do you think should probably win since your just basing this on size.

Do you have a clue? Medina has their dream team, with a great QB, and will likely beat Mentor by that much. Medina would beat Dover by 40.
I sure do have a clue. I watched Medina against Warren Harding, and didn't come away that impressed, considering how good they are suppose to be.