Strike Zone Box

The strike zone box that's on TV is just used for fans eyes. It does not judge depth, it's 2D. I that throws alot of people. If the pitch catches the back side of the plate, it's a strike. In all honesty, I think the robo ump will hurt hitters more than pitchers. I see more pitches misssed, especially the high strike, in and out.

The strike zone box that's on TV is just used for fans eyes. It does not judge depth, it's 2D. I that throws alot of people. If the pitch catches the back side of the plate, it's a strike. In all honesty, I think the robo ump will hurt hitters more than pitchers. I see more pitches misssed, especially the high strike, in and out.
Agree. Looking at the strike zone box, it runs from the knees to considerably below the letters. The strike zone is knees to bottom of letters, right?

Yes, it is just a guide, but those pitches just above the top line should be called strikes - unless the strike zone has changed and I missed it.

Agree. Looking at the strike zone box, it runs from the knees to considerably below the letters. The strike zone is knees to bottom of letters, right?

Yes, it is just a guide, but those pitches just above the top line should be called strikes - unless the strike zone has changed and I missed it.
There is no reference frame to this. For instance the box for the Reds Elly De La Cruz is the same at Matt McLain, one is 6'5" the other is 5'8". Now my guess is if and when there is ever robo umps are installed, it's going to be unique to the batter.

There is no reference frame to this. For instance the box for the Reds Elly De La Cruz is the same at Matt McLain, one is 6'5" the other is 5'8". Now my guess is if and when there is ever robo umps are installed, it's going to be unique to the batter.
Has to be. It could be done now - and probably should have been - using your example. There are definitely some high strikes being missed.

Are the umps giving every batter the same box? It sure seems like it. You would know better than me. Anyone would know better than me. :p

A lot of called strike three's coming when they do start it,hopefully ASAP for me...BAM!
I agree with that, there seems to be more calls missed that would benefit the pitcher more than the batter. This we know for sure, be it humans or robo umps, fans will still complain.
Let's look at the real reason umpires, referees, and officials are the targets of criticism. Fans, parents, DO NOT WANT TO BLAME their players or loved ones. It's why in youth and high school sports so many blame officials. We won't blame Johnny for swinging and missing at two pitches right down the middle, but that pitch that's just slightly off the plate called strike 3 gets Mom and Dad up in arms.
Sally goes 3-17 from the field, but it was a poorly officiated game. Funny how next week when she goes 8-10 from the field and we win everyone is happy.
It's just easier blaming someone we don't know rather than putting the responsibility where it belongs.