Storm El Nino

Elderfan2

I bowl casually once a week and I don't really know much about what equipment is best but, some guy just gave me a Storm El Nino X bowling ball, is this a good ball?

There are so many types of bowling balls out there, so it is tough to say if certain ones are better than others. It probably matters most how many games have been bowled with the ball (how much oil it has soaked up) and how it matches up to how you throw (do you need a higher rev rate, or a ball that hooks later down the lanes). Ultimately the way you throw it (and how the ball matches the lane) is what is the most important. You can have the most expensive ball in the world, but if you have a conventional grip and throw it down the middle, you might as well be using a lane ball!

I do throw a hook and I am planning on getting it re-drilled. I just wanted to make sure it was worth it to spend the money getting it fitted.

I do throw a hook and I am planning on getting it re-drilled. I just wanted to make sure it was worth it to spend the money getting it fitted.

It is absolutely worh the money to get a ball fitted for your hand. First, it will feel lighter and easier to handle...and it won't cause undue stress on your hand/fingers and cause pain.

Since you don't throw a hook, the type of ball doesn't really matter. Having one that fits your hand is paramount.

A Storm El Nino is an older ball but Storm balls are high quality. It is a reactive resin ball so you will want to clean it with a ball cleaner after every bowling session. This will get the lane oil out of the pores of the ball and will give you hook and longer ball life.