Steubenville 4-0 @ Dover 3-0

Doverbuck1

Biggest region 9 game to this point in the year,this one very well could sell out.
Dover is certainly different this year featuring a legit run game that gets about 75% of the reps but they also have 2 good QBs that can wing it with some tall recievers. The Dover defense has been for the most part solid surrendering just one score in the second half on the season.
BR is typical BR and then some,it will take all Dover has to hang, turnovers and penalties will be even more critical to avoid.

This game usually gets a lot of pregame buildup, & deserving so since Big Red & Dover usually field solids teams, but if you look at the recent history the winner of this game has won by double digits each time since Dover won the playoff game at Harding Stadium in 2010. Its kinda crazy how Dover has transformed themselves from a spread 5 wide team into a team is primarily a running team, & Big Red still features that power running game along with several 6-2, 6-3 receivers that can stretch the field with their combination of speed & athletic ability.

I think a key for Dover in this game will be how much their QB plays defense this week. Good Big Red teams in the past usually wore out talented QBs that went both ways, like Brennan Armstrong in the state semifinals in 2017.

KSU 2002,regarding the QBs Dover plays 2 Ayden Hall was the starter as a sophomore (senior now) he has been offered by Dominion and a few others. Molk came in and threw 10 td passes in 2 playoff games last year when Hall was sidelined by contact tracing.

Doverbuck, I remember Hall starting as a sophomore against Big Red, he had a pretty strong arm. Hard not to respect a 2 year starter that lost his starting job, & not transferring. Dover usually gets solid QB play. I remember when Sayre threw for all those yards as a sophomore against Big Red in 2016 & was not much of a running threat, but by his senior year he could make plays with his feet as well.

Fast don't mean anything ? Should be a great game though!
Well both sr and jr classes beat big red if I’m not mistaken when they were freshman. Dover won the last meeting of these two last year in the playoffs by 20. Dover pretty much has the same team as last year with everyone back. This will be a dog fight either way. Dover is big up front and the D is much improved. Good luck to both teams hope it’s a dog fight with no injuries

Lack of depth is real for Dover,thought it would be a problem but they are in great shape and have controlled all 3 2nd halves. I keep thinking #32 is gonna run out of gas but he doesn’t. I think the line has wore everyone else out in the first half and the running game gets better in 3rd and 4th quarter. Way to go line!

For those that think its gonna be a blowout is overreacting a little bit! Your crazy if you dont think Coach Ifft and staff wont have them boys ready for this big game! Look for the ground and pound game, and will open up the pass which Big Reds always struggled with stopping the 5 wide!

For those that think its gonna be a blowout is overreacting a little bit! Your crazy if you dont think Coach Ifft and staff wont have them boys ready for this big game! Look for the ground and pound game, and will open up the pass which Big Reds always struggled with stopping the 5 wide!
Doesn’t everyone??? Until it gets cold.

Lack of depth is real for Dover,thought it would be a problem but they are in great shape and have controlled all 3 2nd halves. I keep thinking #32 is gonna run out of gas but he doesn’t. I think the line has wore everyone else out in the first half and the running game gets better in 3rd and 4th quarter. Way to go line!
It will be interesting to see if that theory holds true. One thing I can tell you is that this years BR squad has a lot of depth and talent. They are also very balanced on O this and the D is fast and aggressive. Should be a great game but I think the red pull away in the second half.

It's September 13, 2021

CalPreps.com has it

Steubenville +23

This is IUDOGS signing off
I try not to mind the CalPrep projections much. This season CalPreps projects a game between Canfield and Dover 28-14 in favor of Canfield. This is based on a neutral field. In reality Dover beat Canfield in 21-14 in Canfield.