State Tournament Weigh-ins

Rudi$ offical weigh in room and gift shop.
1709914957500.gif

As others have said - if Weigh ins are going to be moved, they should be on the tournament floor.
While we are at it...

Why is the tournament floor not open for practice Thursday evening? We are one of the few state tournaments that don't allow for practice the day before, or at least morning-of the tournament. Kinda silly, as the floor is set up by Thursday evening, yearly. Im sure many in the community would pay/work/do whatever to make this happen.
"What about the coaches meeting!?" - Move the coaches meeting - as much as I can appreciate pertinent information being communicated in a direct way, no one on the tournament floor (or, at least some) pay zero attention. Put that in the Aux, or sec 131 across form the rudi$ shop and the duke n dutchess stand.
The end of the coaches meeting then can coincide with the clearing of the tournament floor, and beginning of weigh ins. Head table can see/call out any continued weight loss - everyone can spot any other rule infractions. Hell - use a google sheet to communicate alternates needing to come down for weigh ins if youre so hell bent on keeping at least some people off the tournament floor, I dont know.

What was wrong with the aux gym like it had been for 24 years?

If space of adding girls was the issue then put scales in the 4 corners for each division. The district sites manage, certainly the state can. Or, like many on here suggest, do it on the gym floor. Scales mat side, assign weighs/ division to a mat and go.

I like the idea of staggered times to check in, but like in life, there's always someone who's going to try and get there early before their time that'll cause more back up and we're back to square 1.