State Semifinal Updates and Finals

Wyoming and Bexley heading to overtime.
Wyoming loses a players to a second yellow card with around 2 minutes remaining in regulation.

Per Moeller twitter:

Gabe Anthony’s second of the night is the winner for New Albany with 2:53 left in overtime.
Final from Springfield. Moeller 1 New Albany 2

I watched most of the Moeller-New Albany game. I was not overly impressed by either team. Neither was able to possess the ball more than a couple of passes before defensive pressure caused them to clear it up top. I think New Albany is going to struggle against St. Ignatius if they try to press them as much as they did to Moeller. Ignatius will be able to possess the ball, switch fields, and then find gaps for through balls. If New Albany can muster a couple of throw-ins in the attacking third (they have a player who can consistently throw it to the middle of the box) they might be able to sneak a goal by the keeper.

I watched most of the Moeller-New Albany game. I was not overly impressed by either team. Neither was able to possess the ball more than a couple of passes before defensive pressure caused them to clear it up top. I think New Albany is going to struggle against St. Ignatius if they try to press them as much as they did to Moeller. Ignatius will be able to possess the ball, switch fields, and then find gaps for through balls. If New Albany can muster a couple of throw-ins in the attacking third (they have a player who can consistently throw it to the middle of the box) they might be able to sneak a goal by the keeper.
lower.com is much, much wider than springfield hs. throw in threats won't be as lethal on that stage.

Some controversy from the second half of yesterday’s Ignatius - Medina game…

For what it’s worth, that ball is really close to being out and it’s a hard call for an AR on the opposite side of the field to make.
My favorite part is the last pic. The AR is clearly STILL running up the line catching up to the play. There's no way he had any idea whether that ball was in or out.

Certainly some surprises last night. All sound like excellent games. No blowouts.

Saturday should be fun. Gonna have some new champions.

How many officials do these games have? It looked like there were at least 4 at the Moeller game. I counted a center ref, two side refs, and 1 that stood near midfield the entire game.