state predictions

swimhopper

let's dive right in. state predictions for next years championships?
here's mine:
50 FR- Mason Miller
100 FR- Mason Miller
200 FR- Grant House (possible state record?)
500 FR-Grant House
100 BK- Michael Reilman/Cooper Hodge
100 BR- Ross Pallazzo
100 FLY- definite toss-up. I think we could see Hodge, Miller, or House in this event but I don't know if any of them will even swim it? I'd really like to see this race though if they all swam it.
200 IM- Ross Pallazzo/Cooper Hodge. The week after the state meet Hodge swam a 1:49.0 I believe which would've put him right up with Pallazzo. This will be a good race as well.

Let's talk relays too.

Grant could definitely win the 50. He split a 19.84 anchoring a relay at state.
he would have a good shot at winning the IM, but I do not believe that he could beat Miller in the 100 fly. House went a 49.9 at the YMCA national meet, which was also a taper meet. :Ohno: :shrug:

House's times this year:

50: 19.8 relay start
100: 44.2
200: 1:35
500: 4:27
100 fly: 49.9
2 and 1 back: 1:50 untapered, 52. Untapered, unsuited
100 breast: 57 relay start
200 I.M: 1:49

House will win any freestyle event he swims and could challenge Hodge and Palazoo in the I.M as well as challenging Hodge and Reilmann in the 100 back.

Fly and breast may be a bit tougher to overcome.

I don't know... House is an amazing talent and I really wouldn't put anything by him if he were focused... but I don't see how he challenges Palazzo and Hodge in the IM... they are far superior breaststrokers.

Although it's not a tapered meet, Hodge dominated him in the 200 IM at the SW Classic this past year. Maybe it was a bad night but I didn't think so... Grant's fly/back/free splits were what you'd expect but he got worked in the third 50.

One thing is for certain... it'll be fun to watch!

I don't know... House is an amazing talent and I really wouldn't put anything by him if he were focused... but I don't see how he challenges Palazzo and Hodge in the IM... they are far superior breaststrokers.

Although it's not a tapered meet, Hodge dominated him in the 200 IM at the SW Classic this past year. Maybe it was a bad night but I didn't think so... Grant's fly/back/free splits were what you'd expect but he got worked in the third 50.

One thing is for certain... it'll be fun to watch!

Grant Automobile would dominate any human being, in any race, along with Jacob Easterkamp. I'm surprised he didn't make a run for the 100 back state title.