State Champs?

2008 Predictions

DI- Ummm... Upper Arlington? Haven't missed a state final game in past 10 years or so and won the majority of them. They have quite a dynasty going and with all the press Max Schmidt and the LAX press brought them last year I expect they may have added some new talent for '08. I look for Moeller and St. X to battle it out for R4 with Moe heading to Columbus for their 3rd straight trip to the semis. Doesn't much matter what happens elsewhere unless you're from Browns country.

DII- I'd look for Mariemont to repeat. Warriors only graduated 5 or 6 seniors from last year's championship squad and while Noah Gibby was a big offensive threat and Lucas (goalie) was one of the best in Cinci they have some decent depth. Most of the other strong DII programs look like they graduated 9-12 seniors.

DIII- I think this could be Loveland's year to take the DIII title. Their program is in it's 4th-5th year, they had a good season last year and lost in the semis to Anderson. They are a young team and I believe only graduated like one of their top scorers from last year and return their goalie. The experience of that squad should carry them a long way along with their recently improved coaching staff.

I'd expect a good year for R4 in 2008 with the major question, as always, can anybody beat UA in the playoffs?:shrug: