State Championship Attendance (Part Deux)

Sykotyk

Well, Texas kicked off their state finals. The 6-man Class 1AD1 started at 11am on a Wednesday. Total attendance? 4,688 at Jerry World.

I'll keep a running tally for future games. Now, 1AD1 is larger than the next game that's 1AD2. Also, the benefit was that Gordon (90 miles) and Westbrook (184 miles) were a lot closer to AT&T.

Wednesday:
1AD1: 4,688
1AD2: 4,267
2AD1: 7,402

Thursday:
2AD2: 8,257
3AD1: 10,299
3AD2: 9,282

Friday:
4AD1: 14,384
4AD2: 15,036
5AD1: 22,184

Saturday:
5AD2: 33,913
6AD1: 40,673
6AD2: 32,346

Finals

Last edited:

Well, Texas kicked off their state finals. The 6-man Class 1AD1 started at 11am on a Wednesday. Total attendance? 4,688 at Jerry World.

Less than 5,000 at Jerry’s world, I bet one could hear a pin drop.

I’m sure it’s exciting for the kids to play where the Cowboys play but wouldn’t a nice 15000-25000 stadium be a nicer environment for a game with that size of a crowd.

I’m sure it’s exciting for the kids to play where the Cowboys play but wouldn’t a nice 15000-25000 stadium be a nicer environment for a game with that size of a crowd.
Nope. Indoors. Tons of parking. And it's loud. Domes are always better than outdoor stadiums for noise. Texas also allows homemade noiose makers. A paint can full of washers makes a ton of noise if shaken right.

I will be really curious on that Texas State finals attendance is on Saturday, with South Oak Cliff, Duncanville, and DeSoto all playing, and from the Dalles area. Should be huge

I will be really curious on that Texas State finals attendance is on Saturday, with South Oak Cliff, Duncanville, and DeSoto all playing, and from the Dalles area. Should be huge
It's gonna be interesting, too, how big the Aledo-Smithson Valley game Friday night will bring. If Aledo was part of the Friday morning game, it would be different. But the rotation moves them to Friday. Interesting if they'll need to open the club level on Friday night or not. Smithson Valley is from SA area, and should bring a crowd as a new teams here.

Duncanville/North Shore for the fifth time has got to have lost some of its luster by now. DeSoto v. Summer Creek is an interesting on to cap the weekend. DeSoto should bring the town.

Thursday morning, Class 2A Division II (smallest 11-man classification) attendance was: 8,257.

Adding these from last night's 2A Division I game:

Yes, those eyes have lights in them.

Terry Bussey. Remember the name. I think he'll make a name for himself at Texas A&M. One of the better QBs I've seen.

Last edited:
10,299 in attendance for the 3AD1 game between Malakoff and Franklin. Malakoff won their first state title. Final score was Malakoff 14, Franklin 7.

The GHSA just changed it's venue from Georgia State Stadium (old Turner Field remodeled) to Mercedes Benz Stadium this season. And the attendance was UP by 40%. And the outdoor games were on Thursday-Saturday. While the dome venue was played on MONDAY-Wednesday, due to pro commitments on this coming weekend. In fact, the Coffee High School Trojans (alma mater of Tyreek Hill) drove some 300 plus miles for a Tuesday 7:00 pm game. And they brought 15,000 FARMERS in pick um up trucks and tractors, to the ATL. And according to recruiting analyst And according to a dozen Power Five coaches and recruiting analyst, the sound was DEAFENING, as they won their first State Championship EVER.

And Texas probably doesn't HAVE any neutral site venues that would accommodate your types of numbers.

Nope. Indoors. Tons of parking. And it's loud. Domes are always better than outdoor stadiums for noise. Texas also allows homemade noiose makers. A paint can full of washers makes a ton of noise if shaken right.
WELL, the GHSA forbids noise makers. But Tyreek Hill's boys and girls brought LOOONG plastic horns, ANYHOW!:rolleyes:

It's gonna be interesting, too, how big the Aledo-Smithson Valley game Friday night will bring. If Aledo was part of the Friday morning game, it would be different. But the rotation moves them to Friday. Interesting if they'll need to open the club level on Friday night or not. Smithson Valley is from SA area, and should bring a crowd as a new teams here.

Duncanville/North Shore for the fifth time has got to have lost some of its luster by now. DeSoto v. Summer Creek is an interesting on to cap the weekend. DeSoto should bring the town.
Now SEE. THIS is why I think that Texas high school football is VASTLY overrated. If the STATE is all that badass, then WHY do we ALWAYS see the same four or five teams playing in the 5A DIV. I finals? It's almost ALWAYS Katy, Allen, Desoto, Cedar Hill, North Shore, South Lake Carroll, and a few others sprinkled in. In Georgia, the big school State Champions from 2014-2023 have been.
Colquitt
Colquitt
Grayson
North Gwinnett
Milton
Marietta
Grayson
Mill Creek
Milton

Only in Ohio have I heard fans cry about how big the stadium is.

Now SEE. THIS is why I think that Texas high school football is VASTLY overrated. If the STATE is all that badass, then WHY do we ALWAYS see the same four or five teams playing in the 5A DIV. I finals? It's almost ALWAYS Katy, Allen, Desoto, Cedar Hill, North Shore, South Lake Carroll, and a few others sprinkled in. In Georgia, the big school State Champions from 2014-2023 have been.
Colquitt
Colquitt
Grayson
North Gwinnett
Milton
Marietta
Grayson
Mill Creek
Milton
So Georgia has the same 5 or 6 teams win it?

Attendance for the 3AD2 night game between Gunter and Tidehaven was 9,282.

Photos from the Malakoff-Franklin game:

Malakoff with their first ever state title.

The 4AD1 game between Anna and Tyler Chapel Hill finished with a 26-0 win by Anna. Anna's first ever state title in their first appearance.

Total attendance? 14,384.

"We want the Buckeyes!"
"We have the Buckeyes at home."

The Buckeyes at home:
_MG_5179.jpg

The Gilmer Buckeyes, with a black/orange Georgia G helmet. Won their fourth state title.

Attendance for the three Friday games ending with Aledo's 51-8 victory against Smithson Valley:

4AD1: 14,384
4AD2: 15,036
5AD1: 22,184

Tomorrow is the heavyweights.

South Oak Cliff v. Port Neches-Groves
Duncanville v. North Shore
DeSoto v. Summer Creek

Okay, so many SC isn't considered a heavyweight just yet in their first title game.

Pretty full crowd here for 6AD1 between Duncanville and North Shore. But it'ss not enough to need the 5th level open. With the first game mostly clearing out you can see a smattering of the white from SOC still in the red of North Shore. Not much PNG purple still visible. Third level corners are sparse on the North Shore side.

Port Neches-Groves 20, South Oak Cliff 17

Most unusual way to 20. Four field goals, and the game winning TD and a two point conversion. Gia Ocaguera was the offensive MVP of the game with his four field goals.

33,913 in attendance.