State Champion predictions

mailman020

I’m not sure if there’s a thread out there about this or not. Week 10 is here. Who does everyone have winning the titles in each division.

I Archbishop Moeller
II Winton Woods
III Ursuline
IV Glenville
V Coldwater
VI Marion Local
VII New Bremen

It's tough to do this before matchups are released, but I'll take my stab at it pre-playoff:

DI: Archbishop Moeller
DII: Massillon Washington
DIII: Ursuline
DIV: Glenville
DV: South Range
DVI: Marion Local
DVII: New Bremen

Three MAC teams picked to win.
Kirtland is rolling along this year. Is it just that Marion Local looks unbeatable?
I have been watching MSML closely for maybe 7 years, this is the best iteration of the Flyers I have seen. If Kirkland wins D6 I won’t be the least bit surprised. Coldwater might be a long shot? But I don’t know much about D5, so I go with what I know.

Division 1: St. Edward
Division 2: Massillon Washington
Division 3: Badin
Division 4: Glenville
Division 5: Ironton
Division 6: Kirtland
Division 7: Newark Catholic

D1: Springfield (For Tom)
D2: Winton Woods (Sorry Obie and Hobie)
D3: Badin
D4: Glenville (There will be really funny threads if they don't win it)
D5: Perry
D6: Whoever is healthiest between Kirtland and MSML
D7: New Bremen (Feel pretty good about this one)

D1: Springfield (For Tom)
D2: Winton Woods (Sorry Obie and Hobie)
D3: Badin
D4: Glenville (There will be really funny threads if they don't win it)
D5: Perry
D6: Whoever is healthiest between Kirtland and MSML
D7: New Bremen (Feel pretty good about this one)
Perry? Curious as to why?

In the last 7 years I would say 2017 takes the cake wouldn't you?
I think that you can argue that this years team has had a better regular season (if they win Friday). Much of the 2017 hype came at the incredible shutout run they made at the end of the season into the playoffs and the fact they beat a really good Kirkland team in the finals. We’ll see if this years team can post similar results?

I think that you can argue that this years team has had a better regular season (if they win Friday). Much of the 2017 hype came at the incredible shutout run they made at the end of the season into the playoffs and the fact they beat a really good Kirkland team in the finals. We’ll see if this years team can post similar results?
I think it's mostly from the personel they had. They had the horses all around to manhandle Kirtland which does not happen. Yeah this years defense may be having a better year on a points scored against basis but there were other teams in the last 7 years to also give up less points in the regular season only to get beat by Kirtland or New Bremen in the playoffs. We'll see how it pans out but as of now on a whole basis, I would think most Flyers fans would say 2017 above all in the last 7 years.

The 17 team beat D - 3 CJ 35 - 7 to begin the year a CJ team that made it to the 3rd rd. of the D3 playoffs (losing to the D3 State Champs Trotwood). Only one of 2 teams the other being the 07 team to beat Coldwater at Coldwater. Plus, the 17-team steam rolled through the D - 6 playoffs including a 33 - 0 shut out of Coldwater and a 34 - 11 win over Kirtland. Plus like State said the 17 team had horses John Dirksen, Sam Huelsman, Tyler Mescher, Nate Bruns, the Flyers don't get that type of talent very often. ML wanted 2 or 3 yds. in 17 nobody was going to stop them esp. after Goodwin switched to the I formation and put Buening (230 lbs.) at fullback.