Stark County area football question

nightmare

Q:What do the top historic area programs Massillon, Louisville, Minerva, Lake, Dover, Orrville, Manchester, West Branch, Canton Central Catholic, Northwest and soon to be McKinley all have in common? Can anyone answer?

Last edited:

Q:What do the top historic area programs Massillon, Louisville, Minerva, Lake, Dover, Orrville, Manchester, West Branch, Canton Central Catholic, Northwest and soon to be McKinley all have in common? Can anyone answer?

I'm not sure some of those programs can be considered historic.:shrug:

I agree ,Minerva and Northwest don't belong.If you add them you have to add Hoover.West Branch had 1 great season,but did win it all,so I'll give you them.A few other teams on there have been playing for a long time and have good alltime records but have minimal playoff wins.

I agree ,Minerva and Northwest don't belong.If you add them you have to add Hoover.West Branch had 1 great season,but did win it all,so I'll give you them.A few other teams on there have been playing for a long time and have good alltime records but have minimal playoff wins.

I agree that Hoover belongs, I would discard Northwest as they were largely a mediocre program until the arrival of Whiting in 1999. Not sure where/within what logic you opine that Minerva & West Branch don't have historically winning programs? Both of those schools have several top 10 AP and tournament finishes between them. Minerva ranks behind only Louisville and Massillon in the county in number of 10-0 seasons (including 1932-undefeated and unscored upon). Lions are also set to notch win #500, easily positioning them in the top 10% of Ohio programs.

On to Nightmare's question, I have no idea what they all have in common.

They all lost in Week 2, except for McKinley which plays tonight. (Hence the "soon to be" comment.)

Edit: Just noticed Spencer pretty much answered the question.

They all lost in Week 2, except for McKinley which plays tonight. (Hence the "soon to be" comment.)

Edit: Just noticed Spencer pretty much answered the question.

That's it gentlemen. I never thought that you would see more than half of these teams lose on the same weekend. Absolutly never seen this before, not even close.