Stark County 2022

Anyone who wonders what I mean when I say, "some people would rather see Massillon lose than their own team win."

This guy is a classic example.
My team's winning 3-0 today.
If Massillon would have won they would have had the chance to shut me up on Thursday. But Tigers gonna Tiger.

Plus girls softball playing in the regionals today. Boys track going to regionals with 4 district champions.
3 tennis players making it to state.

I'll take my team's 39 OHSAA team state championships and 66 individual state titles over seeing Massillon lose again for the 51st straight school year.

I'm gonna stop responding to you about this since you guys are going to report my posts anyways. Can't stand the truth.

My team's winning 3-0 today.
If Massillon would have won they would have had the chance to shut me up on Thursday. But Tigers gonna Tiger.

Plus girls softball playing in the regionals today. Boys track going to regionals with 4 district champions.
3 tennis players making it to state.

I'll take my team's 39 OHSAA team state championships and 66 individual state titles over seeing Massillon lose again for the 51st straight school year.

I'm gonna stop responding to you about this since you guys are going to report my posts anyways. Can't stand the truth.
That's almost impossible....51 straight years.....C'mon

How’d CCC finish up this year? I was told they would beat most Stark County teams and probably make a run at state. Did either of these things come true

How’d CCC finish up this year? I was told they would beat most Stark County teams and probably make a run at state. Did either of these things come true
Canton Central lost to Hawken in the District Semis yesterday 5-0.
They had a very tough schedule and beat a few very good teams like Hoban and Lake
I don't have their exact record but they finished around .500 on the season.

Canton Central lost to Hawken in the District Semis yesterday 5-0.
They had a very tough schedule and beat a few very good teams like Hoban and Lake
I don't have their exact record but they finished around .500 on the season.
They finished 11-12

By my count there's 2 teams left in the County.
Louisville won their District and play in the Regional Semis against University School next Thursday at Munson
Hoover plays Boardman tomorrow for the Canton District title.

Last edited:
Good luck to Hoover against Boardman today. Looks like the game was pushed back a bit due to the weather.
The winner plays Walsh next Thursday at Louisville. Walsh beat Mayfield earlier today 10-1.

As mentioned earlier there's 2 Stark County teams left in the baseball playoffs, Louisville and Hoover.
Louisville plays University School on Thursday in Regional Semifinal action. I don't know much about those 2 so I'll leave that for the experts.
Hoover (18-7) plays Walsh Jesuit (23-5) on Thursday as well.

Hoover is ranked #23 by Prep Baseball Report. They average 4.9 runs per game and give up 2.4 runs per game.
They've played very well in the playoffs outscoring opponents 20-1. The Vikings won the Canton District by beating Boardman 5-0.
Their schedule has been tough, playing all the Federal League teams and District Champion Hamilton Badin and District Runner-up Wadsworth.
They play South Range, another District Champion, on Tuesday.
Their likely starter on Thursday will be senior Miami (OH) commit, Nick Vardavas. His last outing was a 2 hit shutout in Hoover's 3-0 win over Dover in the District Semifinal on Tuesday. Their #2 starter, Tanner Ware, is committed to Oakland University.

Walsh is ranked #3 by Prep Baseball Report and #4 in the Coaches Poll. They average 7.6 runs per game and surrender 2.9 runs per game.
They've also crushed their playing competition by a combined 30-1 runs. The Warriors won the Nordonia District over Mayfield by a score of
10-1. Their schedule has been tougher as they've played 8 different teams that won District Championships (Mason, Hilliard Darby, St Ignatius, Kenston, Strongsville, Hoban, Hawken, and Anthony Wayne). Walsh went 6-2 against those teams.
Their likely starter on Thursday will be junior Xavier commit, Ryan Piech. Ryan was also in command in his last game going the distance against Ellet in the Warriors 4-0 win on Tuesday. He struck out 19 and gave up 1 hit and 1 walk. He had a no-hitter going into the 7th and had his fastball up to 93 mph.

I'd say Walsh is the favorite but this is high school baseball and anything can happen. Hoover also has their softball team in the Final Four playing on the same day a few hours later against Lakota West.

Last edited: