St. Xavier Football 2024

No one as of right now. I will say with Jordan Marshall's high school career winding down, the gcl-s is wide open next year. No team has a player like him that can single handedly change the dynamics of the game

Bomber 2024 QBs by grade
#7 Chase Herbstreit Sr. 6’2” 190lb
#14 Ben Soloria Sr. 6’0” 180lb

#3 Daniel Vollmer Jr. 6’2” 205lb
Brady McDonald Jr. 6’1” 180lb

Thomas George So.
Charlie Johnston So.
Cam Kline So.

Who develops?
What kind of offense does Coverdale run in 2024?
On behalf of Elder, LaSalle and Moeller, we are eagerly wishing for the return of #7 and OC.

Who knows what'll happen between now and Aug/Sept 2024? But, he will be another year older, bigger, stronger, etc.
With additional training, it wouldn't surprise me to see #7 have a good senior year. If nothing else, he has a ton of experience from the last two years. Time will tell.

Question: can Vollmer be the next "Marshall" of the GCL? I don't know if Marshall would've made a difference in the outcome Friday night if he stayed in as Springfield seemed to have his number 2nd quarter on. That may have been due to his injury. Tough way for his HS career to end.

Somebody forgot to close the door to the forum
Tweedle dumb and Tweedle dumber wandered in
Hey ReJect, we all know that next year will be another unmitigated disaster on the gridiron. My question is how soon before you begin posting the offensive and defensive starters for 2025 and beyond? GBM 💪 🏈

Hey ReJect, we all know that next year will be another unmitigated disaster on the gridiron. My question is how soon before you begin posting the offensive and defensive starters for 2025 and beyond? GBM 💪 🏈
10 years and counting - and now that Jordan Marshall is gone, you will keep counting - maybe forever. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1701173712989.png

2024 Schedule
Week 1 at Lakota West
Week 2 at Centerville
Week 3 Cathedral
Week 4 Withrow
Week 5 Evil Empire
Week 6 at Elder
Week 7 at Trinity
Week 8 at LaSalle
Week 9 St. Ignatius
Week 10 ??????
2024 Schedule (2023 Record)
Week 1 at Lakota West (11-3)
Week 2 at Centerville (9-3)
Week 3 Cathedral (8-4)
Week 4 Withrow (12-2-1)
Week 5 Evil Empire (10-5)
Week 6 at Elder (7-5)
Week 7 at Trinity (13-3) won class 6a state title defeating Lexington Bryan Station 41-20
Week 8 at LaSalle (4-7)
Week 9 St. Ignatius (3-9)
Week 10 Life Christian Academy VA (1-10)

Combined 2023 Record: 67-51-1

Last edited:
2024 Schedule (2023 Record)
Week 1 at Lakota West (11-3)
Week 2 at Centerville (9-3)
Week 3 Cathedral (8-4)
Week 4 Withrow (12-2-1)
Week 5 Evil Empire (10-5)
Week 6 at Elder (7-5)
Week 7 at Trinity (11-3) vs Lexington Bryan Station in final this Saturday
Week 8 at LaSalle (4-7)
Week 9 St. Ignatius (3-9)
Week 10 ??????

Combined 2023 Record: 65-41-1
Besides Colerain, who will St. X be scrimmaging in place of Centerville who is now on the regular season schedule?

It's funny that a Moe poster posts more over here than on his own site. Did he get thrown out? Does he really, really wish he was a Bomber? Both??? Hmm...

Bomber 2024 WRs
WR1 #26 Cam Taylor Jr. 6’1” 175lb
WR2 #82 Simeon Betts Sr. 6’1” 170lb
WR3 #22 Hayden Shamsi Sr. 6’0” 170lb
WR4 #13 Chase Staderman Sr. 5’9” 155lb
WR5 August Betz Jr. 6’1” 181lb
Have you heard anything about soph wide receiver Chase Neyer, there have been waves about him that he has grown 3 inches already so far in the off-season. Do you think he can make his way onto the field on the varsity level?

2024 Bomber Kickers
PK Tommy Wall Jr. 6’1” 158lb
P #45 Trent Maxam Sr. 6’1” 155lb

Wall showed a steady leg on JV in 2023 and Maxam comes back strong for his senior year allowing Vollmer to focus on RB/LB
I would keep an eye out for soph kicker Drew Kovacs, kids got a leg. From what I saw this season he was much better when it really mattered compared to Wall. Don't be surprised when he gets the spot over Wall.

Have you heard anything about soph wide receiver Chase Neyer, there have been waves about him that he has grown 3 inches already so far in the off-season. Do you think he can make his way onto the field on the varsity level?
No, but I had not heard of Jake Britt until this season.
Can't find his wt/ht as a sophomore, but as a frosh he was listed at 5'8' 122lb so he could have used a growth spurt or 2 or 3

It's wide open (TE position) with the JV and Frosh squad as I would hope all of them do some growing and bulking up for the next level

3 TEs on JV team.....Hahn (6'2"), Wassler (6'5" 190lb) and Oligee (6'3')
3 TEs on Freshman team....Tiefenbach (6'1" 180lb), Uhl (6'1" 180lb) and Gunter (6'7' 205lb)

Speaking of Jake Britt, I heard from a reliable source that he is transferring to Lakota west after the semester. This loss would hurt the Bombers in many ways. Britt was just getting started. Britt rushed for nearly 900 yards in the 2023 season with this season being his first high-school season because of being out his whole freshman year with injury. There has been rumors of bolden recruiting during his time at Lakota west. If this rumor is true I wonder what kind of speculations this will raise involving bolden and the Lakota west football program. Does anybody have any insight on this?
Reliable sources have information that is the truth and credible, not rumors, which are also known as BS.

Britt is on the St. X basketball roster, so I'd doubt he'd leave after this semester. Besides RB, I think he'd be a nice slot WR in the St. X offense.

If it’s coming down to those 3, I really like Naylor filling the spot. Very strong, aggressive player who never misses and assignment. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
I don’t know about Naylor yet. Preferably I would like to see some more game film on the kid, but I’m excited to see which of the 3 earns the spot. As of now I want waters then and maybe naylor but Carter is not even in the discussion for me at the moment

Anyone know any information about the former QB Bryce Adams? There’s been speculation that Coach Specht might have some special packages for him on the offensive side of the ball and defensive. He’s grown to a whooping 6’2 185. Let’s now talk about his favorite target Alex McClatchey he’s had a major growth spurt and is now sitting at 6’0 anyway he makes it on the field as a junior. I’ve heard he has been in the weight room all offseason! A possible switch to safety? He could be a real weapon for the St. X defense

Anyone know any information about the former QB Bryce Adams? There’s been speculation that Coach Specht might have some special packages for him on the offensive side of the ball and defensive. He’s grown to a whooping 6’2 185. Let’s now talk about his favorite target Alex McClatchey he’s had a major growth spurt and is now sitting at 6’0 anyway he makes it on the field as a junior. I’ve heard he has been in the weight room all offseason! A possible switch to safety? He could be a real weapon for the St. X defense
I heard that he has already made huge strides for next season and we’re more than likely going to see him at safety. Might take over O’malleys spot from last year, but there are off the field issues that the coaching staff is concerned with about Adams

3 TEs on JV team.....Hahn (6'2"), Wassler (6'5" 190lb) and Oligee (6'3')
3 TEs on Freshman team....Tiefenbach (6'1" 180lb), Uhl (6'1" 180lb) and Gunter (6'7' 205lb)
ReLoad isn't Betz a TE on JV? He's a little undersized but from what I've seen on his film he has some potential.