9/9 Mentor @ Mentor

9/16 Indy Cathedral, IN @ Cathedral

9/23 Big Moe @ X

9/30 Elder @ Elder

10/7 LaSalle @ LaSalle

10/14 Warren Central, IN @ X

10/22 St. Ignatius @ X

10/29 Lou X @ Lou X

What will their record be this year? Don't forget new OC and Specht back in charge of defense.

My pick is 7-3 or 8-2, GCL or co-GCL champs.

8/27 St. John Bosco, Bellflower CA @ Nippert

9/2 Colerain @ X

9/9 Mentor @ Mentor

9/23 Big Moe @ X

9/30 Elder @ Elder

10/7 LaSalle @ LaSalle

10/22 St. Ignatius @ X

10/29 Lou X @ Lou X

What will their record be this year? Don't forget new OC and Specht back in charge of defense.

I'd say 8-2 with Bosco and Colerain being the only losses. Moe is the next toughest team to play.

I see a 6-4 record.

Very possible! Who do you see losses to?

I was seeing losses to SJB, Colerain and maybe WC. A 4th would be a GCL school obviously. I don't see them running the gauntlet. However, they have a ton of skill this year. I would love to see 10-0 but it's wishful thinking and hasn't happened since '07.

9/2 Colerain @ X

9/9 Mentor @ Mentor

9/23 Big Moe @ X

9/30 Elder @ Elder

10/7 LaSalle @ LaSalle

10/22 St. Ignatius @ X

10/29 Lou X @ Lou X

The schedule looks favorable, albeit difficult, with the toughest games at home. Travel is limited to Cleveland and Indy which is also beneficial. I am curious as to anyone's thoughts as to why X can put together this type of schedule but Moeller has had trouble getting 10 quality opponents (ie Xenia, Canada team).

The schedule looks favorable, albeit difficult, with the toughest games at home. Travel is limited to Cleveland and Indy which is also beneficial. I am curious as to anyone's thoughts as to why X can put together this type of schedule but Moeller has had trouble getting 10 quality opponents (ie Xenia, Canada team).

Specht's relationship with Tom Bolden and Chuck Kyle secures the games with Colerain and St. Ignatius.
StX national reputation ensures an opening game against a nationally known opponent.
The Jesuit connection secures the Louisville StX game.
Being in the GCL-S secures the 3 league games.
That leaves Mentor, which will be replaced by Walnut Hills next season (new head coach Lainhart former assistant coach at StX) and Warren Central.
So it comes down to personal relationships....Moe fail

Specht's relationship with Tom Bolden and Chuck Kyle secures the games with Colerain and St. Ignatius.
StX national reputation ensures an opening game against a nationally known opponent.
The Jesuit connection secures the Louisville StX game.
Being in the GCL-S secures the 3 league games.
That leaves Mentor, which will be replaced by Walnut Hills next season (new head coach Lainhart former assistant coach at StX) and Warren Central.
So it comes down to personal relationships....Moe fail

Uh...I don't think Lou X is a Jesuit school. They are sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers. The only Jesuit team we play is St. Ignatius.

Despite any relationships, the Colerain/X rivalry has been a hot spot since 1994 when they started meeting in the playoffs, consistently.

You mention Warren Central but where is your so-called "connection?" You also left out Cathedral because the schedule is not determined from personal relationships.

• Crosstown Showdown is always fun playing teams from around the country and teams from our area who we normally would not play (not always nationally known). For example: Covington Catholic just last year
  • GCL-S, 3 games you can't back out on
  • Colerain has been a huge rivalry for 22 years
  • Louisville St. Xavier. Another catholic school with our name. How cool is that? Usually in the state finals most years
  • Cathedral and Warren Central are usually the best 2 teams in Indiana
  • St. Ignatius is a Jesuit school. The actual people were personal friends in their time
  • Mentor was to fill an open spot we had and they accepted our offer

It's pretty plain and simple. Although, there is a mutual respect between many of the coaches, it's all about rivalry and competition.

5 - 5. Entire season is resting on cliff and I'm not sold that he performs in games as he does in shorts. I think the bombers are in for a long season. They will start 0-2 and it will be rough the rest of the year.

9/2 Colerain @ X

9/9 Mentor @ Mentor

9/23 Big Moe @ X

9/30 Elder @ Elder

10/7 LaSalle @ LaSalle

10/22 St. Ignatius @ X

10/29 Lou X @ Lou X

Uh...I don't think Lou X is a Jesuit school. They are sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers. The only Jesuit team we play is St. Ignatius.

Despite any relationships, the Colerain/X rivalry has been a hot spot since 1994 when they started meeting in the playoffs, consistently.

You mention Warren Central but where is your so-called "connection?" You also left out Cathedral because the schedule is not determined from personal relationships.

• Crosstown Showdown is always fun playing teams from around the country and teams from our area who we normally would not play (not always nationally known). For example: Covington Catholic just last year
  • GCL-S, 3 games you can't back out on
  • Colerain has been a huge rivalry for 22 years
  • Louisville St. Xavier. Another catholic school with our name. How cool is that? Usually in the state finals most years
  • Cathedral and Warren Central are usually the best 2 teams in Indiana
  • St. Ignatius is a Jesuit school. The actual people were personal friends in their time
  • Mentor was to fill an open spot we had and they accepted our offer

It's pretty plain and simple. Although, there is a mutual respect between many of the coaches, it's all about rivalry and competition.

I think you are really underestimating the relationship side of our schedule. Particularly Colerain, I's, Cathedral not that rivalry and competition don't matter as well.

Two high probability losses to start the season.

Colerain is being talked about as a national top 5 team (top 10 at worst).

SJB is a football factory that tends to benefit from transfers. I understand their lines tend to be absolutely enormous. They have a kid who goes 328 at OG and is the top prospect in the nation at that position. They have at least three legit D1 WRs. The QB is new but supposedly a freak athlete.

The rest of the games will likely all be competitive. No gimmes.

This actually has the potential to be one of the toughest schedules in the entire nation for those of you who follow high school football at the national level.

I think you are really underestimating the relationship side of our schedule. Particularly Colerain, I's, Cathedral not that rivalry and competition don't matter as well.

I totally see that relationship in Colerain and St. I, but I don't see it in the other 8 games. I'm not saying I'm right, just that I don't see it. ReLoad made it sound like all 10 games had a personal relationship between them all. I don't agree with that.

I totally see that relationship in Colerain and St. I, but I don't see it in the other 8 games. I'm not saying I'm right, just that I don't see it. ReLoad made it sound like all 10 games had a personal relationship between them all. I don't agree with that.

He's really close to the coach at Cathedral for example...Coached with him on the USA Football teams.

As a fan of HS football, I love seeing the big names on the schedule. But as a parent and from a playoff strategy point of view...I don't like the way we schedule. Tell me where the break is in this schedule to get healthy? to regroup? I've been saying this for years...and every year we limp into the playoffs with numerous injuries at key positions. The only saving grace I can see this year is how well the JV played last year so if those kids step it up like they did last year at JV .... then maybe we surprise some folks. QB play this year in particular will be the difference between a winning or losing record. So. we'll see.

He's really close to the coach at Cathedral for example...Coached with him on the USA Football teams.

Specht has been building these relationships before he became head coach.

His long standing relationship with Tom Gamble has landed some classic Crosstown games and his relationship with Herbstreit back to when Kirk was roommates with Greg Frey (high school teammate and friend of Specht's) at Ohio State has landed some classic Herbie games.

His involvement in USA football since it's inception in 2009 as he was on Chuck Kyle's (St. Ignatius) junior national football team staff as defensive coordinator. When head coach in subsequent years he has had both Tom Bolden (Colerain) and Rick Streif (Cathedral) on staff.

His relationship with former StX assistant coach Brian Lainhart (Walnut Hills) will allow X to replace Mentor on the schedule eliminating a long drive to a hostile environment.

On several occasions he has hired assistant coaches at StX at the request of Bolden and Tom Grippa (Lasalle).

The relationship end of it is by far the most important piece of the puzzle in maintaining a 10 game schedule when most of the programs in your area will not play you.

Two high probability losses to start the season.

Colerain is being talked about as a national top 5 team (top 10 at worst).

SJB is a football factory that tends to benefit from transfers. I understand their lines tend to be absolutely enormous. They have a kid who goes 328 at OG and is the top prospect in the nation at that position. They have at least three legit D1 WRs. The QB is new but supposedly a freak athlete.

The rest of the games will likely all be competitive. No gimmes.

This actually has the potential to be one of the toughest schedules in the entire nation for those of you who follow high school football at the national level.

ESPN has it's marquee game.

StX can match SJB with regard to prospects and talent.
The Bombers sport 3 monstrous D1 OLinemen of their own with Bockhorst, Altimari and Kurz all 6'5" and approaching the 300lb mark.
Heimkreiter, another 6'5" OLineman should also be in the rotation with a couple of 250lbers in Klare and Deters.

On the DLine Jefferson just got the first of what will be several D1 offers and plenty of college prospects will join him on the line and at LB (Hopkins, Mesue, Dirksing, Bacevich, Childs, Stoll, Kiessling)

StX has plenty of college level skill players in Clifford, Wolf, Paul, Earley, Specht, Rumpke, Raines and Stallworth.

Should be a great game and a fantastic start to the season for the Bombers!

The Bombers sport 3 monstrous D1 OLinemen of their own with Bockhorst, Altimari and Kurz all 6'5" and approaching the 300lb mark.
Heimkreiter, another 6'5" OLineman should also be in the rotation with a couple of 250lbers in Klare and Deters.

On the DLine Jefferson just got the first of what will be several D1 offers and plenty of college prospects will join him on the line and at LB (Hopkins, Mesue, Dirksing, Bacevich, Childs, Stoll, Kiessling)

StX has plenty of college level skill players in Clifford, Wolf, Paul, Earley, Specht, Rumpke, Raines and Stallworth.

I'm so psyched and ready to see the game. I'll be there with dear old dad and maybe Mr. Hussong will join us. However, if it rains, I'll just sit back with a few beers and watch it from home.

His long standing relationship with Tom Gamble has landed some classic Crosstown games and his relationship with Herbstreit back to when Kirk was roommates with Greg Frey (high school teammate and friend of Specht's) at Ohio State has landed some classic Herbie games.

His involvement in USA football since it's inception in 2009 as he was on Chuck Kyle's (St. Ignatius) junior national football team staff as defensive coordinator. When head coach in subsequent years he has had both Tom Bolden (Colerain) and Rick Streif (Cathedral) on staff.

His relationship with former StX assistant coach Brian Lainhart (Walnut Hills) will allow X to replace Mentor on the schedule eliminating a long drive to a hostile environment.

On several occasions he has hired assistant coaches at StX at the request of Bolden and Tom Grippa (Lasalle).

The relationship end of it is by far the most important piece of the puzzle in maintaining a 10 game schedule when most of the programs in your area will not play you.

Ok, that makes more sense. I knew the Bolden, Kyle and Lainhart connections, just didn't know about the rest.

Bombers play at mentor. They will get home field referees (see at St I last year)

Did you see last year's team? St. X ran and passed at will last year. I don't see any competition, but they could surprise us. In 1991, St. X went 5-5, then 1992 were 13-1. Mentor could shock everyone.

Yup Yup Yup

I can't remember 3 tougher games out of the shoot like this? Wow is all I can say.

I can't remember 3 tougher games out of the shoot like this? Wow is all I can say.

They should rate this year's schedule and see who has it tougher. Right off the bat with SJB, Colerain and Cath. SJB were 14-1 CA runner-up to Centennial, who is usually ranked high nationally. Colerain is no stranger to national ranking as well. Then Cath, one of the more powerful teams in IN.

We do have the makings of a pretty strong Oline. Bock anchoring the left side and Kurzy the right with that other beef.... You see any of those guys getting turned around to pitch in on the Dline?

This honestly couldn't be more wrong, I'd expect nothing less tbh. SJB is sending double digit number of kids to major power 5 schools. Basically, every year they're churning out the same number of D1 players as the '04 Colerain team. The kids you're listing are good hs players who might play at the lower levels, sans Clifford and Bockhorst.

Status
Not open for further replies.