St Xavier 2017 Football

Regarding JV, I suspect the big impact will be how many sophomores get meaningful playing time in the varsity game. That is a very talented group of players with several in the mix for PT. If it ends up that most aren't getting many varsity game reps then I'd think they would play in JV game. J.Kirby is going to start at guard and looks good. the other sophs are battling but not in the starting lineup.

You will not see a better thrown ball (that was probably 45 in the air) in high school or even college this year. That throw had a wow factor to it.

Per Specht, Wolf may be the best QB he's coached.
Poise, talent, arm strength, mobility, decision making, read progression, competitiveness, toughness, work ethic, holds the door open for the elderly......

Is week 8 still TBA? The cynic in me says that it is TBA because Specht may be waiting to see how the season goes before deciding whether to play the game. If that game could literally prevent us from hosting a game on the playoffs (or god forbid, getting in) just by playing, do we simply cancel? Do we have them come down and play our JV only?

Is there another possibility - i.e. finding a better opponent?

My personal opinion is that given the team this year, there is no reason not to forego a week 8 game completely and use the bye. Having said that, if the game happens, it may end up looking like a JV lineup anyhow. Any thoughts?

On another note, I assume that Moeller game at Lockland is set in stone? Man, I loved it when Moeller used to schedule that game at Nippert. Yet another attendance attrition downside...

Per Specht, Wolf may be the best QB he's coached.
Poise, talent, arm strength, mobility, decision making, read progression, competitiveness, toughness, work ethic, holds the door open for the elderly......

Should be fun watching him compete for POY award with McBride and Khayo. GBM

Fox 19 has the top 19 football players in the Tri-State. So far, they have had 2 Colerain players, 1 offense and 1 defense. They are down to the #9 player tonight and I don't think there has been 1 GCL player picked. I am interested in who they think are the top 9 players left.

Is week 8 still TBA? The cynic in me says that it is TBA because Specht may be waiting to see how the season goes before deciding whether to play the game. If that game could literally prevent us from hosting a game on the playoffs (or god forbid, getting in) just by playing, do we simply cancel? Do we have them come down and play our JV only?

Is there another possibility - i.e. finding a better opponent?

My personal opinion is that given the team this year, there is no reason not to forego a week 8 game completely and use the bye. Having said that, if the game happens, it may end up looking like a JV lineup anyhow. Any thoughts?

On another note, I assume that Moeller game at Lockland is set in stone? Man, I loved it when Moeller used to schedule that game at Nippert. Yet another attendance attrition downside...

I vote bye in week 8.
Especially based on seeing video footage of their rumble with LaSalle last year

Wolf, Bacevich, Jefferson, Wittrock, Specht, Childs, Kreimer, Mesue and Kiessling

All will most likely be deserving candidates but I highly doubt they will name more than 2 players from St X (three max) I think it will be Wolf and Bacevich with Specht an outside chance if they pick 3 players from X

Offense play ratio 70/30 pass to run with half of the passes going to Specht and Wittrock and a quarter to Kreimer and Shamsi with the other quarter to the RBs (Fox, Payne, Newman), Lange, Stockman, Grause and McIntyre

Still no Bombers in the top 19 on channel 19. At least the GCL got some love; Brendan Bates is number 8. I still think that Vann, Hawkins and Carman have yet to be called. Maybe the GCL is having a down year.

I vote bye in week 8.
Especially based on seeing video footage of their rumble with LaSalle last year

They should try to sign up West Clermont Wolves, now that they're D1, however Wolves week 8 might be signed to league play that week. I'm too lazy to look.

They play Loveland that night. Joeeitel.com is your friend.

Thank you! I figured they would already have their schedule set at this point in the year. I'll keep that site in mind. My school computer wouldn't allow me on Cincinnati.com, which is what I used to use. I don't know why but wouldn't work.

Lincoln vs StX Scrimmage Friday 8/15

Lincoln 1st Series
1st and 10 from own 20yd line #18 WR sweep around right side for 80 yards and TD, PAT no good
Lincoln 6, StX 0

StX 1st Series
1st and 10 from own 20yd line
Wolf to Specht for 11 yards
Wolf to Specht for 3 yards
Wolf to Specht for -1 yard
Wolf incomplete intended for Kreimer
Kreimer punt to Lincoln 31 yd line

Lincoln 2nd Series
1st and 10 from own 31yd line
Pass intercepted by Morrocco at the 35 and returned to the 26

StX 2nd Series
Fox carries -3
Wolf to Grause for 2 yards
Wolf incomplete intended for Wittrock
Over on downs

Lincoln 3rd Series
1st and 10 from own 25yd line
Run up middle for 1 yd tackle by Kiessling
Pass incomplete pressure by Bacevich
False start OLine
Pass complete 5 yard gain tackled by Childs
Punt fielded by Specht at own 48 yard line

StX 3rd Series
Kreimer sweep around right side for 2 yards
Wolf complete to Kreimer for 13 yards
Wolf complete to Kreimer for 22 yards, flag ruled offensive pass interference
Kreimer punt from own 34 yd line goes out of bounds at Lincoln 43 yard line

Lincoln 4th Series
Pass incomplete covered by Morocco
Pass complete for 3 yards tackle by Bridges
48 yard TD pass complete to #18, PAT good
Lincoln 13, StX 0

StX 4th Series
1st and 10 from the 20yd line
Newman carries for 11 yards
Newman carries for 4 yards
Newman carries for 5 yards
Encroachment to the 45 yd line
Newman carries for 29 yards
Wolf 25 yard TD pass to Wittrock, PAT good
Lincoln 13, StX 7

Lincoln 5th Series
Pass complete for 7 yards tackle by Gretz
QB run around left end for 8 yards tackle by Kirby
RB no gain stopped by Childs and Kiessling
RB no gain tackled by Gretz
Incomplete pass
Punt fielded by Specht at 28

StX 5th Series
Payne carries for 2 yards
Kreimer at QB fakes hand off to Payne and goes down left sidelines 70 yards for TD, PAT good
StX 14, Lincoln 13

Lincoln 6th Series
1st and 10 at own 20 yard line
QB scramble for 5 yards goes out of bounds
Pass complete for 5 yards
End of 1st Qtr
QB keeper gain of 1 tackle by Arthur
Pass complete for 3 yards tackle by Brown
Sack by Mesue loss of 11 yards
Punt fielded by Wittrock at StX 43

StX 6th Series
Fox carries for 16 yards