St. Ed's results from VA

Please correct me if I am misunderstanding or misrepresenting your point. You are saying that kids who are ranked top 10 in the nation are very good, and kids that are not ranked top 10 in the nation are fish or at best mediocre? If I have that right, that's a ridiculous point of view.

Furthermore, you - who is no longer involved in coaching- are so disgusted with the mediocrity of this tournament that you've spent a week ranting about it on a message board and dug deeply into the brackets just to prove to a guy that you've never met that you know more than him. Ok Boomer!
Youre sidestepping...So you say it's unfair to discuss the strength or lack of at a particular tournament, especially one that includes "National" in its name? You claim by doing so that person doesnt like wrestling? LOL Such as ALL RANKING individuals which discuss just that in comparing tournaments 🤷‍♂️. As for your "sidestep" ....Sometimes the top 5 guys in a weight class( which at NHSCA were VERY FEW AS I NOTED) .....are followed by a bunch of guys who are not even close to those select few, other times there is 1 guy who is FAR SUPERIOR to all the other guys at the weight ( Take 120 pound Blaze at the state tournament for instance) and the rest of those in the weight class are ranked for the sake of bracketing, but NONE of them are sniffing a top 10 Natonally ( Hence weak weigh tclass overall such as 120 D1 this year. Other times you have 20 or even more who are capable of beating the number 1-5 guys at the weight. At NHSCA there were VERY FEW instances of TOP guys ( since there were so few) who were capable of not getting majored by the top guy at the weight. Yes a lot of mediocrity ..I stand by that . ....

Last edited by a moderator:
No Chief ,You are cherry picking one part of a statement, That along with number of state champs that were there, The number of placers there.. This was not an easy tournament full of fish… Is it Fargo, No.. Is it S32, ironman etc no, Is the winner the “national champ of champs?No”… Still a really tough tournament,Outside of Fargo one of the tougher tournaments of the post/off season, Saw some of the best young kids from our state lose.. So yea it’s tough.. …..Let me guess back in your day All 42 state champs wrestled at the same time and the winner got a fresh baked pie from the tournament directors wife and you knew you were the national champ. All double legs and half’s none of that fancy stuff those boys think is cute these days..
All 42 state champs, LOL!!!!

I was at NHSCA this year. It was my 9th trip. We took 7 HS kids and 5 MS kids. I can tell you the quality of wrestling was there. Were the top kids at the HS level there? No. Not really a reason for top kids who are already committed to attend. The depth of talent from PA, NJ, OH etc showed in several Freshman and Soph brackets. This was the first trip for me with one of my own kids. I didn't have any state champs with me, but we had 5 placers and all won matches and lost matches. We got better as a group from having gone. The kids did a 3 day prep camp where we had over 100 kids, that alone made us better. Then the experience of being there and competing made us better. Not once did I hear any coaches tell the champs of any division "well yeah, but you beat 7 fish to win it."

All 42 state champs, LOL!!!!

I was at NHSCA this year. It was my 9th trip. We took 7 HS kids and 5 MS kids. I can tell you the quality of wrestling was there. Were the top kids at the HS level there? No. Not really a reason for top kids who are already committed to attend. The depth of talent from PA, NJ, OH etc showed in several Freshman and Soph brackets. This was the first trip for me with one of my own kids. I didn't have any state champs with me, but we had 5 placers and all won matches and lost matches. We got better as a group from having gone. The kids did a 3 day prep camp where we had over 100 kids, that alone made us better. Then the experience of being there and competing made us better. Not once did I hear any coaches tell the champs of any division "well yeah, but you beat 7 fish to win it."
160 senior level no shot yall won. Finalists get to do elite 8 duals.