Springfield Wildcats

Are you trying to be funny?
I should explain. His my way or the highway has cost him talent. Put that attitude in that school and it could be either genius or explosive. Remember there will be a significant push for the coach to be a minority hire or lots of success in a school with a large minority population. Cody Sorensen might fill that but Rocky certainly does and Pete Pullen also. I don’t see anyone in the CBC or OHC with that resume.

I should explain. His my way or the highway has cost him talent. Put that attitude in that school and it could be either genius or explosive. Remember there will be a significant push for the coach to be a minority hire or lots of success in a school with a large minority population. Cody Sorensen might fill that but Rocky certainly does and Pete Pullen also. I don’t see anyone in the CBC or OHC with that resume.
Would agree with this assessment outside Sarenson. Not sure his time at London would give the Springfield community confidence he would turn the program around but you never know he did have success at Catholic Central. This job will definitely get a few quality applicants as it did last time.

Would agree with this assessment outside Sarenson. Not sure his time at London would give the Springfield community confidence he would turn the program around but you never know he did have success at Catholic Central. This job will definitely get a few quality applicants as it did last time.
He has two problems as it applies to this job: 1) the guy that followed him at Central (Detling) did just as good if not better, and had probably the best team Central's had in 20+ years last year. 2) London has not been very good since he's been there, and to this point has probably lost roughly 2/3rds of the time there.

His stock was a lot higher a few years ago than it is right now. He's going to have to either start winning at London or make a lateral move and win before climbing uphill again.

Not 100% if the Detling statement is true. From my understanding, the current coach at Central is who did most of the work.

Sorensen has struggled at London. However, 3 players transferred out his first year (when they were expected to make a deep run). Plus you deal with football there. Kids aren’t allowed to participate in summer basketball because of football (joking but not really).
He hasn’t won a lot but doesn’t have any basketball talent. His teams play hard but you can tell they are helmet heads.

I saw them defeat Dublin Scioto, Shawnee last year, and saw they defeat a very good greeneview team and take a really good Miami Trace team down to the wire. He can coach.

Looking at his schedule this year, I doubt they win a ton. Looks pretty tough.

Mcguire is best coach by default. Shawnee plays absolutely nobody in regular season. With all the really good d2/d3 teams in the area. CJ, Trotwood, Dunbar, Tri-Village, Mac schools. The cincy schools Taft, Woodwards etc never seem to get on their schedule. CBC teams would rather win 18-19 games against mediocre teams then to go get challenged

Mcguire is best coach by default. Shawnee plays absolutely nobody in regular season. With all the really good d2/d3 teams in the area. CJ, Trotwood, Dunbar, Tri-Village, Mac schools. The cincy schools Taft, Woodwards etc never seem to get on their schedule. CBC teams would rather win 18-19 games against mediocre teams then to go get challenged
Shawnee's non-league schedule is usually pretty solid. Last five years they've played Beavercreek, Northmont, Newark, Oak Hills, CJ, Watterson, Butler, Troy, Botkins, Minster, Marion Local, etc. I think you're thinking of KR. They usually play no one or next to no one non-league, and rarely leave Clark county. Shawnee will actually play good opponents and schedule up, especially when they know they'll be good.

About Sorensen he was highly regarded at Lancaster before he came to Clark county. I don’t know enough about Lancaster to know if that reflects on this situation. But I do know when he coached at Central he worked in the city schools and was generally well liked and popular with his students. If he gets to the interview process good recommendations from principals and supervisors in the district will carry weight.

After watching that first rd tournament game Mcguire may only be best coach in clark county because he has been around a while. I didn’t see anything that was impressive. It was only 1 game but i stand by what I said earlier

He coaches just like Cupps at Cville. Great coach but not good fit for the Field

There are a few guys who live in Springfield who would do a solid job if given the opportunity. The community at this time needs someone who lives in the community and understands and knows the families. All these other guys that are being mentioned wont last one season!!! Its like hiring outside of the Dayton family and hiring for the Dunbar job. Some things just need to make since.

There are a few guys who live in Springfield who would do a solid job if given the opportunity. The community at this time needs someone who lives in the community and understands and knows the families. All these other guys that are being mentioned wont last one season!!! Its like hiring outside of the Dayton family and hiring for the Dunbar job. Some things just need to make since.
Like who?

I don’t think Cupps would work well in Springfield. I said that when he was at Graham. I still believe it.
I think he'd figure it out, but there'd be a curve. Totally different beast running a school program than coaching an AAU team.

There are plenty of coaches in Springfield and out of Springfield that have the ability to coach Springfield High School. There is not one way to look at this opening.

This job is yet to be posted and may not until the end of the month. The SHS basketball job will always draw a good number of applicants as it should. However, Cupps in know way will be interested, McGuire has too many years tenure at Shawnee to leave his teaching position unless he would just coach at another school. As I stated before there a few good coaches in the community who would do well if given the opportunity. Springfield may keep it in house and go with the young man who has been there for a while and deserves a shot. Just my few pennies!!

Awfully quiet. Application window closed a few days ago. If they haven't already begun, I'd imagine there are interviews this week

Who are the 2-3 names?
No particular order: Yinger (2x interim coach that's in the building), Pittman (former Beavercreek HC, heard he accepted the Bethel job and may be out here), and a current CBC HC that I'll keep nameless since unlike the other two he currently has a job.

Cupps would do well wherever he goes. He has coached kids similar to Springfield kids during AAU season
AAU has nothing in common with high school coaching. Almost no coaches with a clue. A guy like Cupps has to do little more than organize them a little. Most of the time he’s coaching against a guy with a hat on sideways and a backpack, or somebody’s father. Mike Price, the same thing. Nobody on the other bench. Not every high school coach is great, but they are a far cry above AAU.