Springfield vs. Wayne --Week 4

Springfield doing their best Trump impression. Acts like best thing ever, but in the end, is just a loser bigger and better than ever before. 1-3 from that alleged great team.....and only win so far is a couple score win over my pathetic team

Last edited:
The only thing more painful than fumbling the ball in the victory formation-with 2 minutes left mind you-was listening to “Linc” call this game on 97.3. The other announcer, Dave, is great! Linc…awful. He consistently makes wrong calls, gets hyped up over what he thinks he sees…”Wayne gets the interception!!! Oh wait..no they didn’t…”and “Wayne gets the fumble!!! Oh wait…it was a dropped pass”… he does this every game..every year. I know these guys volunteer but Dave needs to do more of the talking. He’s experienced in the game. Linc has no business around a microphone.
I think those guys do a great job. It's easy for you to not listen to the show. But you rather listen and complain about a guy that volunteers his time to call football games so people can still hear the game. Instead of him being around his family and friends. But you sit back and complain. Here is an idea. How about you go offer your time on Friday nights and go get in the booth and call some games. Sounds like you can do better since you on here complaining. Can't wait to hear you at a future game. Remember don't make any mistakes. SMH!!!!

Springfield is down this year.
Like I said before they lost all of their transfers I mean playmakers to graduation. No public school has that talent walking the halls year after year. No coach develops kids into that kind of talent. Those kids have natural abilities that very few possess.

I don’t blame the qbs either They have had the luxury of exceptional qb play for at least 5 years. The injured qb may be decent but he is not the second coming of smoot as some have said. Once again not many public schools in Ohio churn out 3 d1 qbs in a row. So any qb coming in to that situation that is below those three in talent will not look good.

That qb is also a heck of a baseball player I hope his injuries don’t mess up his baseball season.

What happened to the Hines kid - the Teays Valley transfer? Sounded like he and upshaw were neck and neck prior to the season. And now he didn’t even play last night with two freshman and then a DB coming in ahead of him…is he hurt also?

What happened to the Hines kid - the Teays Valley transfer? Sounded like he and upshaw were neck and neck prior to the season. And now he didn’t even play last night with two freshman and then a DB coming in ahead of him…is he hurt also?
Nope 6 picks in 6 quarters

Good win Wayne. Probably craziest finish I have seen. Springfield starting qb tried to play went down twice pretty quick was driving down the field to tie game 2nd time he went down onto next week

Springfield fans, what do you think about #19 at qb. I know he's only a freshman, but he looked ok

I can see the sideline from my seat. I can see the coaches not talking to the players. Just let them sit there. Not correcting wrongs. Not doing much but looking at tablets. Since he has taking over it gets worse. Horrible decision making. Late game fails. Poor decision making. Toughest non conference schedule?? Lmao. Asvsm is not that good. Pick central is way down. Fairfield not up there. Springfield had tough schedule. Your silly. You got your opinion. So you do you. Good day
Just because you don’t “see” them correcting players doesn’t mean coaching is not going on or they’re not coaching them up your not down there you don’t know. Maybe you’re looking for something to complain about, it’s understandable some people like to see people fail or find something negative I get it.
However, I do owe you an apology. There was some lack of discipline on the sidelines last night with the fighting late in the game and afterwards that’s a bad look on the program but maybe it was just a disgruntled player IDK I wasn’t down there.

Springfield fans, what do you think about #19 at qb. I know he's only a freshman, but he looked ok
He will be ok as time goes on. He is most athletic out of all the qbs but again just a freshman. With Springfield beginning schedule a freshman does not really get a chance to grow and be have patience. Samething happened to Wayne with their current qb

Good win Wayne. Probably craziest finish I have seen. Springfield starting qb tried to play went down twice pretty quick was driving down the field to tie game 2nd time he went down onto next week
Answers what I was wondering about judging by the box score. Saw he played some, but they used both freshmen and also Scott a little.

Getting some health/consistency at that spot will determine the trajectory of Springfield's season. Fortunately get Beavercreek this week, which should be a good opportunity to get healthy some while trying to get right offensively.

I think those guys do a great job. It's easy for you to not listen to the show. But you rather listen and complain about a guy that volunteers his time to call football games so people can still hear the game. Instead of him being around his family and friends. But you sit back and complain. Here is an idea. How about you go offer your time on Friday nights and go get in the booth and call some games. Sounds like you can do better since you on here complaining. Can't wait to hear you at a future game. Remember don't make any mistakes. SMH!!!!
Not Linc here...I had the week off. Thanks for the kind words.

We really do need additional volunteers, and also beyond football to get more basketball games covered. We also used to carry baseball and softball regularly but the manpower just has not been there for that the past few years.

He will be ok as time goes on. He is most athletic out of all the qbs but again just a freshman. With Springfield beginning schedule a freshman does not really get a chance to grow and be have patience. Samething happened to Wayne with their current qb
My thing is that he went 6 for 10 67 yards and you guys scored on the drive and then he gets benched for another freshman that went 2 for 7 I think and a interception after your starter went down. Makes no sense

I don't know if it was crazier than the insane comeback Springfield South had at Wayne when they converted 3 straight onside kicks in a row.... scored like 28 points in the final 4 minutes to win...... but I did like the crazy ending from last night better. It is just another game that anyone who was there will remember for the rest of their lives....... it kind of reminded me of that State Championship game in Texas many years ago when a team lost the title on a last play kick return for TD.