Springfield (2-3) at Fairmont (3-2)

Hearing Springfield's AD contacted Fairmont and asked for several hospital beds be brought in so Springfield's injured players could watch the game.

Hearing Fairmont's AD said they'll be needing every bed themselves
What happened to Almighty Springfield last year at home ranked 18th in the nation … oh yea we talked about that last week. You LOST TO THE TRIPLE

or will we get the same refs the help them get over Fairmont in the playoffs? Those refs did everything they could to help Springfield get in the end zone at the end of the first half. Without the refs that offense was severely struggling that night.
interesting indeed

If Fairmont keeps it close going into the fourth quarter I believe they will come out on top of this one. They are starting to figure out their backfield situation the office of line starting to get a push. Miller has started pulling some actual triple option plays out.
But if Springfield jumps out to an early lead, it could be a long night for the birds who compose there so I will play on the other team more ?

Not sure their names , but fields qb that runs will give the birds more fits then the statue In the pocket
Sure Douglas will roll with him a little more Friday night

Question: What makes a head coach commit to an offense like Fairmont's? Other than maybe Hilliard Davidson, I believe several years back, has a school with an offense so one dimensional made a serious run at the big school level? A school with that many kids, those great facilities has to have enough in the hallways to be able to mix it up a little. What if you got a stud QB or some skill guys in the Middle School? Are the parents sending them to the double wishbone triple wing midline veer:oops:? Thoughts?

Question: What makes a head coach commit to an offense like Fairmont's? Other than maybe Hilliard Davidson, I believe several years back, has a school with an offense so one dimensional made a serious run at the big school level? A school with that many kids, those great facilities has to have enough in the hallways to be able to mix it up a little. What if you got a stud QB or some skill guys in the Middle School? Are the parents sending them to the double wishbone triple wing midline veer:oops:? Thoughts?
A head coach that coached in a tough small division and won with it. However its not that easy in a large division and he still runs it. Miller will talk about Hilliard winning it as proof it works. They have had enough to mix it up but he won't. Had a QB/WR combo one year that could have been dangerous. QB ended up at Northmont as a jr and pretty sure he led the league in passing. The WR played DB at Fairmont and he had more interceptions than receptions.

As for the stud Middle schoolers Yates at Springboro and Powers at Centerville will answer that question.

Fairmont was in spread or traditional offense for years and was a 2-3 win team most years. This fits them much better

Fairmont was in spread or traditional offense for years and was a 2-3 win team most years. This fits them much better
If you look at their record in league with miller that are still usually a 2-3 win team with the exception of a couple of years. I think last year was the first year he had a winning record in the league. If that offense truly worked at the big school level, every school would run it.

A head coach that coached in a tough small division and won with it. However its not that easy in a large division and he still runs it. Miller will talk about Hilliard winning it as proof it works. They have had enough to mix it up but he won't. Had a QB/WR combo one year that could have been dangerous. QB ended up at Northmont as a jr and pretty sure he led the league in passing. The WR played DB at Fairmont and he had more interceptions than receptions.

As for the stud Middle schoolers Yates at Springboro and Powers at Centerville will answer that question.
Don’t forget Braylon Newcomb. He was a bird through pee wee, then went to Centerville in middle school.

Agreed with this 100%. People can be mad, but look at the success it had given them. The GWOC is hard to compete in and this give them a unique offense you have to prepare for. They make you drive the field to score. Along with eating as much clock as possible. Gives the max pressure if your the other team. So kudos to them!

Above is largely true. Miller's approach has raised the participation rate and keeps them in games vs teams with better talent. People make assumptions based on student #s, If #s alone made a program places like Mason and Beavercreek would be annual threats. Don't remember the last time Fairmont sent multiple male athletes to D1 programs in any sport. Guessing the mid '90s run? Truth is the banner sports' team has been girls' basketball for the last decade..The school's got its strengths but it's not a juggernaut. Sometimes ok is just good enough.

What happened to Almighty Springfield last year at home ranked 18th in the nation … oh yea we talked about that last week. You LOST TO THE TRIPLE

or will we get the same refs the help them get over Fairmont in the playoffs? Those refs did everything they could to help Springfield get in the end zone at the end of the first half. Without the refs that offense was severely struggling that night.
interesting indeed
New year.🙄

I agree, I don't think you can win a state championship with that offense either, that offense needs more balance. If you're ahead by 10 or more points they won't come back. In that offense they pass when necessary so the pass is predictable. At the same time if you're losing late in the game it's almost impossible you won't see the ball again. The passing game needs to be more efficient.

Fairmont-

With Dave Miller-2016-2022: 37-37 (Including 1-9 his first year)

Before Dave Miller- 2009-2015: 20-50

Fairmont wants to compete and win. They may not make a state run; not many teams do...but they are way better running the triple option. Fairmont may get some athletes but not the athletes that Springfield, Wayne or Centerville have.

They might be successful with the spread but they were spread for before Miller and it shows that it might not work out.

I agree, I don't think you can win a state championship with that offense either, that offense needs more balance. If you're ahead by 10 or more points they won't come back. In that offense they pass when necessary so the pass is predictable. At the same time if you're losing late in the game it's almost impossible you won't see the ball again. The passing game needs to be more efficient.
Defense goes a long way too. You may run a lot of time off the clock but if your defense gives up points every time they are on the field it does not matter. Especially quick points. The GWOC has teams that are capable of scoring quick points.

Fairmont-

Fairmont wants to compete and win. They may not make a state run; not many teams do...but they are way better running the triple option. Fairmont may get some athletes but not the athletes that Springfield, Wayne or Centerville have.

They might be successful with the spread but they were spread for before Miller and it shows that it might not work out.
Curious what the league only records are between those spans. Do you have that data?

Defense goes a long way too. You may run a lot of time off the clock but if your defense gives up points every time they are on the field it does not matter. Especially quick points. The GWOC has teams that are capable of scoring quick points.
Not Fairmont! LOL.

Fairmont-

I wholeheartedly disagree with this! They had the same athletes as Sfield, Cville, Wayne or even Northmont two years ago in basketball and went to the Regionals, still do so what's the difference? Sounds like Coach Miller wasn't a spread offense coach or didn't have the right coaches coaching it. Fairmont has the same demographics as most GWOC schools and even better facilities than most. Maybe it's time to bring in someone who does what the kids like? I know for a fact the kids don't like running that type of offense and sometimes your best athletes in the building don't even come out for football because of that. You can't tell me you don't have athletes walking around at a school like Fairmont where there is over 1k kids.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this! They had the same athletes as Sfield, Cville, Wayne or even Northmont two years ago in basketball and went to the Regionals, still do so what's the difference? Sounds like Coach Miller wasn't a spread offense coach or didn't have the right coaches coaching it. Fairmont has the same demographics as most GWOC schools and even better facilities than most. Maybe it's time to bring in someone who does what the kids like? I know for a fact the kids don't like running that type of offense and sometimes your best athletes in the building don't even come out for football because of that. You can't tell me you don't have athletes walking around at a school like Fairmont where there is over 1k kids.

Fairmont numbers are up from when before Dave got there. They have won wayyyyy more games with Dave. I know Creek is not a good example but when they ran the triple with Clod and the beginning 4-5 years with Black they were good. They have been spread the past few years and it looks not so good.

I am not arguing what Offense that Fairmont should run because it will not impact me as a person but I can show you proof that they are more competetive and win more games with Dave. They had multiple coaches from 09-15.

I like to debate with facts over opinions. Everyone can have their own opinon.

Kids like winning.