Spring Break Out-of-State Trip Ideas and Locations

Cal Ripken in Myrtle Beach is the least expensive. Teams can't miss school to play out of state..keep that in mind when researching.

When my son played, they went to North Carolina in the Raleigh area. It was kind of like a barnstorming set of games. Not sure if there was anyone in NC that coordinated the games or if our coaching staff did all the scheduling. I really liked this.

For the next two years, they went to Ripken in Myrtle Beach. I'm guessing this was alot easier to put together and considerably more money to pay for the event. There were some good matchups for our Varsity and JV and some not-so-good games. Schools are at the will of the organizers and what teams show up. Can be some major mismatches.

When my son played, they went to North Carolina in the Raleigh area. It was kind of like a barnstorming set of games. Not sure if there was anyone in NC that coordinated the games or if our coaching staff did all the scheduling. I really liked this.

For the next two years, they went to Ripken in Myrtle Beach. I'm guessing this was alot easier to put together and considerably more money to pay for the event. There were some good matchups for our Varsity and JV and some not-so-good games. Schools are at the will of the organizers and what teams show up. Can be some major mismatches.
The main challenge for us is similar to what you alluded: We want to find the event/location with the right level of competition. Some events consistently attract the best of the best - the Moellers and Jacksons of the world... we obviously don't want that. Haha! And other events are probably more recreational, attracting the Kingsway Christians of the world, and we don't want that either. We'd be looking for somewhere in the middle - the DII / DIII / DIV state championship/final 4 caliber opponents.

Pit, I think Smithville actually did this a few years ago for sure. I don't not know, however if they are still going. May be someone to reach out to with helpful information!

Leave travel ball for summer.
Let HS ball be HS ball.
Best advise I ever got from a wise old coach.

Now that I’m retired I can tell you he was 100% correct.
I hear you but I look at it as extending the baseball season on the front end of the season. Especially if one goes down south on spring break before the local regular season kicks in. The baseball season is already fairly short (about 8 weeks of regular season play) and subject to horrible weather (especially the further north you go). If the team can do it, go south and get a four or five games in.

Pitman,

Go to Ripken in Myrtle Beach
Do Not do their stay and play. You can do your own accomodations much cheaper
I would contest that!
We Did Ripken in SC this past summer (by far the nicest facility but REALLY close was shipyard)

We stayed at a place called the Caribbean. while it def isn't a 5 star place. For what we paid (roughly 145 a night for 4 nights) being right on the beach. 5 pools and lazy rivers ,outside tiki bar, arcade room, decent sit down restaurant attached between the 2 buildings. Staff was friendly , rooms were clean and its right on the beach. Parking was tough at times but where isn't it.