Spartan Football 2015

Who knows... I know 0 about football. We do have a cool big "S" in the middle of our field though. And some diamonds in the end zone

Beat down... What were you guys talking about? Every year I get talked into Springfield having a chance by you guys and it is a massacre. Time to get Ellet off the schedule.

Seriously, what is the point in playing Ellet for you guys?

Btw Ellets RB definitely lived up to the hype? Best running back Ellet has had in a long time (and there have been some good ones). His cutting and patience was great. He is better than Sibley from
Hoban

Beat down... What were you guys talking about? Every year I get talked into Springfield having a chance by you guys and it is a massacre. Time to get Ellet off the schedule.

Seriously, what is the point in playing Ellet for you guys?

I was there. Poorly coached team. Ellet toyed with Springfield AGAIN.
I had Springfield +21 and that still wasn't enough!
Every year these nuts support this coach and every year they go 3-7 and get smoked by Ellet. His overall record is now 20-51. (Wait, they got beat by Ellet 63-6 but Ellet had to forfeit. So he's now 21-50)

I always liked Vaughn but I'm starting to wonder about the coaching. They have some talent over there and darn good size. They should be better than what they are.

I was there. Poorly coached team. Ellet toyed with Springfield AGAIN.
I had Springfield +21 and that still wasn't enough!
Every year these nuts support this coach and every year they go 3-7 and get smoked by Ellet. His overall record is now 20-51. (Wait, they got beat by Ellet 63-6 but Ellet had to forfeit. So he's now 21-50)

Cant make lemonade with dog piss

I always liked Vaughn but I'm starting to wonder about the coaching. They have some talent over there and darn good size. They should be better than what they are.

They have some talent but the difference in athletic ability is tremendous. They had good years when they were importing Akron kids not it does not happen anymore. They are bad in every sport. If the families and youth league is not producing athletes in any sport how can we single football?

Springfield should stop playing Ellet like they did decades ago because it is not competitive. Ellet should stop playing Springfield because they earn the zero computer points. How is this even a rivalry anymore? I think when this was a rivalry the kids from the schools knew each other. Some of the Ellet kids do not even know where Springfield is.

Maybe the Springfield kids are playing against a stacked deck of kids that didn't grow up next to Springfield then. I'm pretty sure most of those kids played youth ball in something other than Orange.

Maybe the Springfield kids are playing against a stacked deck of kids that didn't grow up next to Springfield then. I'm pretty sure most of those kids played youth ball in something other than Orange.

:Ohno: Maybe 3 or 4.
What else ya got?

Starting QB was suspended for 3 games...... Best player on the team breaks his leg in the 1st quarter. Allot of what ifs..... I didnt go to the game, but KV stuck to his guns with a zero tolerance policy even though he knows the chance of doing good was a long shot......Bridges from what I understand is the real deal.

I did drive thru the parking lot...Man it was standing room only. The field looked great as well.

Ellet has 2 youth kids playing in the NFL and one at Ohio State that did not play at the high school. I think you guys should be happy to play the kids that you are playing.:laugh::clap:

For a one dimensional team, Springfield's Weaver really took the team on his shoulders.....I about fell out my seat on the TD pass...lol. East was pounding the ball easily then went away from it.:shrug:..

I sat on the visitors side. The stadium looks great from that side, closer to action as well.

Offense will have more balance when QB comes back. Weaver will be at tail back. Defenses won't be able to load the line of scrimmage as much.

Polster- Agree with you the home side is not as nice and is to far away... visitor side is nicer and usually the winning side

So does Springfield. Some of the kids that played a lot versus Ellet and East (I'm assuming. I was watching us pound Tallmadge.) did not play in Springfield's youth program. There are quite a few open enrollment kids there too. Granted, Springfield loses kids to open enrollment too, but not as much as they bring in when it comes to football. Good win vs. East btw! I hear that East is a quality opponent. Congrats to you and good for your kids.

Kenmore was in bad shape last night...

Why doesnt Akron combine football programs and run the country? The amount of money to be saved and made would be enormous. Akron has tons of D-1 athletes -Ellet on these programs.

Is the Springfield/Ellet rivalry over again? A few weeks ago the OHSAA website had them opening the 2016 season, it's now an open date on the Ellet schedule.

Why did i go to the Springfield game instead of Coventry? Poster coaching is horrible. i did not see one coach , coaching up the players on the sidelines. i missed COVENTRY BLOWING OUT FIELD! WOW!

Why did i go to the Springfield game instead of Coventry? Poster coaching is horrible. i did not see one coach , coaching up the players on the sidelines. i missed COVENTRY BLOWING OUT FIELD! WOW!

Fun to check in on Springfield posters from time to time.
They have a love affair with this horrible Spartan coaching staff that makes zero sense. The HC is 23-52 in seven and a half years, but he's the AD and keeps hiring himself. Pollster loves him. Lol

I learned long ago dont talk crap about the coaches. Players read this stuff to...they read this and dont buy into the coaches. It all comes down to players dedication ......injuries .

Is the Springfield/Ellet rivalry over again? A few weeks ago the OHSAA website had them opening the 2016 season, it's now an open date on the Ellet schedule.

This is similar to the Steelers/Browns rivalry...in order to be rivals, I think that BOTH teams need to occasionally win;)

KV is a great dude. Really knows football. I'm hoping he gets the chance to coach some real talent to show everyone what he can do. Maybe when Yost is gone... ;)