Sometimes There's More To Life Than Sports...

According to you, the deck is already stacked in favor of legacy kids. You just contradicted yourself. You can't have it both ways when you consistently hammered your belief that you have to be in the Elder circle like Elder grads coaching their legacy kids picking teams ensuring there is no competition for their kid so they can be the star and make the team.
You already know that Pboy is a Clown and Trey is a Liar and ruins damn near every thread.

Westsidepublic may I ask how you came to the conclusion that this article was 100% about Sports?

Dude, I don’t care what you think. If you think I’m just making stuff up on the fly, whatever, it doesn’t bother me. You can believe me or not believe me, I really don’t care.

maybe he wasn’t as good as a freshman, but he is now. He was able to use that advanced development as an underclass man, and utilize it to his advantage to get significantly better because he was playing at the level he should have been playing at. He never would have gotten that chance at Elder. Elder just doesn’t do that. It’s not a knock, it’s just how they do things.

meanwhile, his freshman counterparts were winning 75-12. Who benefits there? Harp and keller literally should have been getting varsity minutes as freshman and starting the whole year as sophomores. In stead, the went one and half seasons winning by 50.

Last edited:
Dude, I don’t care what you think. If you think I’m just making stuff up on the fly, whatever, it doesn’t bother me. You can believe me or not believe me, I really don’t care.

maybe he wasn’t as good as a freshman, but he is now. He was able to use that advanced development as an underclass man, and utilize it to his advantage to get significantly better because he was playing at the level he should have been playing at. He never would have gotten that chance at Elder. Elder just doesn’t do that. It’s not a knock, it’s just how they do things.

meanwhile, his freshman counterparts were winning 75-12. Who benefits there? Harp and keller literally should have been getting varsity minutes as freshman and starting the whole year as sophomores. In stead, the went one and half seasons winning by 50.

Like Moeller hasn't had loaded freshman teams before, because the freshman weren't ready for Varsity minutes or there simply wasn't room for them?

100% is a bad number and not far on my part, the article is about a great kid and family. But without sports it’s not written and not really a story.

Like Moeller hasn't had loaded freshman teams before, because the freshman weren't ready for Varsity minutes or there simply wasn't room for them?
If the teams are loaded, that’s one thing. If the upperclassmen are better, then the better kids play.

That wasn’t the case when these two were freshman and sophomores. The team they’re freshman year was very very average and both were better than all of the guards on the team. Same is probably true for when they were sophomores.

His decision to go to Taylor got him 2 extra years of development at his skill level, and he made the most of it.

Im sure part of the reason was his brother. I’m sure another part was so that he could contribute at his skill level right away. It’s obvious he made the right choice, in many ways.

Trey,
This kid is a legacy Elder, with an uncle that was a coach, and from Visitation. He is everything you have (wrongly) complained about on this forum forever. But yeah, go ahead and tell us how Elder and playing in the GCL would have hindered his development!

Last edited:
i still can't believe some are still twisting this story. lol. feel embarrassed for the austing family that people think this article was about sports. know the austings well and they would never agree to this story if it was about that.

jtk
()

i still can't believe some are still twisting this story. lol. feel embarrassed for the austing family that people think this article was about sports. know the austings well and they would never agree to this story if it was about that.

jtk
()
I don’t feel embarrassed for the Austing family, I’m embarrassed for the usual dopes on here that don’t get it.

Trey,
This kid is a legacy Elder kid, with an uncle that was a coach, and from Visitation. He is everything you have (wrongly) complained about on this forum forum forever. But yeah, go ahead and tell us how Elder and playing it in the GCL would have hindered his development!!!!!!
Just don’t talk about Taylor or Sports, this is the Elder forum??‍♂️. Sure you don’t want to upset Omar?. Trey=Liar

I don’t feel embarrassed for the Austing family, I’m embarrassed for the usual dopes on here that don’t get it.
Same 2 lying clowns every time! Tell you I am amazed at how Omar seems to have none of the values taught at Elder and Trey is still mad years after his neighbors brothers kid was cut!

Trey,
This kid is a legacy Elder kid, with an uncle that was a coach, and from Visitation. He is everything you have (wrongly) complained about on this forum forum forever. But yeah, go ahead and tell us how Elder and playing it in the GCL would have hindered his development!!!!!!
There you go twisting words again. I never said Elder would have hindered his development. I said going to Taylor accelerated it, and he obviously made the right choice by going there, in multiple ways.

How you can take that as a negative is beyond me. But that’s what you do - constant Elder inferiority complex. I’ve had nothing but great things to say about the story, the kids highlighted, and the family involved. You’re an idiot.

He would have never played varsity basketball as a freshman or sophomore at Elder - FACTS. You choosing to take that negatively is on you. You being constantly butthurt by people telling the truth is a you problem.

This was a great article about obviously a great family and kids, but let’s be honest. Anyone that’s says this is not about sports is kidding themselves. Danny isn’t a 4 yr starter in basketball nobody cares who he is walking down the hall, they really don’t care if he is walking with his brother. I’m sure someone will tell me I’m wrong but if Danny goes to Elder with the kids on that team as a Jr. he is at best a role player and not a starter and this year he may start but wouldn’t be the 1st or second option on offense. He will get some small school looks because he went to Taylor and got a chance to developer skills and showcase himself. This was 100% an article about sports.
And this is written and not one response calling it out but me. Yet I’m the problem.

Same 2 lying clowns every time! Tell you I am amazed at how Omar seems to have none of the values taught at Elder and Trey is still mad years after his neighbors brothers kid was cut!
I’m showing restraint by not saying what I really want to say to you. And I said it’s a good story, no problem with it being posted on here, but I don’t like posters from Taylor coming into the Elder forum saying they offer a superior education.

Just don’t talk about Taylor or Sports, this is the Elder forum??‍♂️. Sure you don’t want to upset Omar?. Trey=Liar
The article wasn’t even about sports. It was about the family making a sacrifice to do what’s best for them.

I’m showing restraint by not saying what I really want to say to you. And I said it’s a good story, no problem with it being posted on here, but I don’t like posters from Taylor coming into the Elder forum saying they offer a superior education.
How terrible of someone to say something positive about a non purple school.

In Pboys defense, the entire thread was a slight to him from the very beginning.

If you want to point the finger at someone who made a great story into something else, point the finger at the guy that started it with the idiotic headline and initial post.

Just post the great story and move on. It’s amazing how the purple blinders can have you miss the obvious.

Last edited:
Well, what started out as a nice story is going to be locked because grown men aren't so grown after all.
Tell that to the original poster who started off the whole thread that way. If you’re going to point the finger, point it at the right person.

So nobody can ever mention other schools in a positive manner on the Elder Forum. I'm so glad you cleared that up for all of us.
They’re free to do what they want, I’m not a moderator. However, I do take exception to coming into the Elder Forum and claiming another school offers superior education.

And I don’t think VOR was trying to antagonize anyone. This is a good story, worth sharing.

And I don’t think VOR was trying to antagonize anyone. This is a good story, worth sharing.
LOL - ok. He just called you out in the very first word of the very first post because he missed you.

Don’t be a homer pboy. I know you won’t agree with me just on principle alone, but it was an obvious attempt to antagonize you “and others”.

My only point was to say the story was not void of sports. Sports was a very important part of the story. Now the only thing that I am sorry about was that Trey or whatever he calls himself used what I said to support his conspiracy theory that Elder is more political then anyone else and it needs to change. Trey, what is the point of going to school. For me and my family it is to prepare yourself for life. My kids and I played sport for the same reason. Not many things prepare you for the real world and life better then sports. One of the biggest lesson to learn is life isn’t always fair. There are three ways to deal with it buckle down work harder, quit or complain and whine. We all know how you deal with it. If you can tell me anything in life especially something worth doing that has no politics then I will support anything you say. One of the biggest reasons someone goes to Elder or X is the networking.

Tell that to the original poster who started off the whole thread that way. If you’re going to point the finger, point it at the right person.
It did have some antagonizing aspects to it, but no reason for a whole mess of you to go off the deep end and go on the defensive so hard.

They’re free to do what they want, I’m not a moderator. However, I do take exception to coming into the Elder Forum and claiming another school offers superior education.
Man, so you are offended that someone claimed Taylor provided a superior education on the Elder Forum?

Talk about snowflake.

My only point was to say the story was not void of sports. Sports was a very important part of the story. Now the only thing that I am sorry about was that Trey or whatever he calls himself used what I said to support his conspiracy theory that Elder is more political then anyone else and it needs to change. Trey, what is the point of going to school. For me and my family it is to prepare yourself for life. My kids and I played sport for the same reason. Not many things prepare you for the real world and life better then sports. One of the biggest lesson to learn is life isn’t always fair. There are three ways to deal with it buckle down work harder, quit or complain and whine. We all know how you deal with it. If you can tell me anything in life especially something worth doing that has no politics then I will support anything you say. One of the biggest reasons someone goes to Elder or X is the networking.
Well then let’s be honest and agree that this was most likely part of the thought process in going to Taylor. He was coming in with 2 kids with very high expectations and name that play the same/similar positions as him. Of course that was a factor.

But he’s taken his opportunity to do what Elder wouldn’t/couldn’t provide, and has elevated himself to the same level as the other two. Elder could have provided the same opportunities to all 3 of these kids, but with the family very familiar with how things work, for obvious reasons, sent him elsewhere to be with his brother and to play right away.

Im not saying it’s right or wrong. It’s simply fact. He would not have gotten that opportunity at Elder (not because he wasn’t good enough, but because that’s not how they operate). Again, how is that a conspiracy or an agenda? It’s just telling it like it is.

You can’t say your opinion, what was the family thought process

in the same statement say simple fact.

your opinion or guess is not fact

You can’t say your opinion, what was the family thought process

in the same statement say simple fact.

your opinion or guess is not fact
It’s an educated opinion on one of many reasons he chose Taylor. I’m not saying that part is fact. Definitely speculation, but I’m guessing we all know similar people who do know.

I’m saying it’s a fact he wouldn’t have played varsity basketball as a freshman or sophomore at Elder. That is indeed a fact. The other two didn’t even do that until the second part of their sophomore season.

Again, not because he wasn’t good enough either.