Something that bothered me during the NCAA finals about OSU

MitSulHer

It was mentioned in another thread that Sasso was not introduced when every other wrestler was mentioned before their final. All the talk was Yanni.

Something that bothered me was they said OSU had 6 AA's when they won the title in 2015. 6 being the most ever for OSU.

Cleveland 2018 OSU has 8 AA's and does not win the title. Most points ever and not win.

Penn St 141.5
Ohio St 133.5 (most pts ever and not win)
Iowa 97
Mich 80
NC St 80

Cleveland 2018

125 3rd Place - Nathan Tomasello of Ohio State
133 4th Place - Luke Pletcher of Ohio State
141 3rd Place - Joey McKenna of Ohio State
149 DNP - 2-2, blood rd - Ke-Shawn Hayes
157 6th Place - Micah Jordan of Ohio State
165 DNP - 2-2 - Te'shan Campbell
174 5th Place - Bo Jordan of Ohio State
184 2nd Place - Myles Martin of Ohio State
197 4th Place - Kollin Moore of Ohio State
285 1st Place - Kyle Snyder of Ohio State

Bothered me they didn't know this and mention it.

It's quite surprising ESPN has done as much as they have with the tournament. As top heavy as NCAA wrestling is with B1G10, it's shocking they even have it. To ESecPN, the B1G10 is the Evil Empire, and Ohio State is Darth Vader.

It was mentioned in another thread that Sasso was not introduced when every other wrestler was mentioned before their final. All the talk was Yanni.

Something that bothered me was they said OSU had 6 AA's when they won the title in 2015. 6 being the most ever for OSU.

Cleveland 2018 OSU has 8 AA's and does not win the title. Most points ever and not win.

Penn St 141.5
Ohio St 133.5 (most pts ever and not win)
Iowa 97
Mich 80
NC St 80

Cleveland 2018

125 3rd Place - Nathan Tomasello of Ohio State
133 4th Place - Luke Pletcher of Ohio State
141 3rd Place - Joey McKenna of Ohio State
149 DNP - 2-2, blood rd - Ke-Shawn Hayes
157 6th Place - Micah Jordan of Ohio State
165 DNP - 2-2 - Te'shan Campbell
174 5th Place - Bo Jordan of Ohio State
184 2nd Place - Myles Martin of Ohio State
197 4th Place - Kollin Moore of Ohio State
285 1st Place - Kyle Snyder of Ohio State

Bothered me they didn't know this and mention it.
I know not the point of the thread, but so much just hurts thinking back about 2018 team. Tomasello getting pinned semis, McKenna choosing neutral to lose 1-0 in the semis, Moore getting Koneled twice, and then finally the pin of MyMar to win it for PSU

I know not the point of the thread, but so much just hurts thinking back about 2018 team. Tomasello getting pinned semis, McKenna choosing neutral to lose 1-0 in the semis, Moore getting Koneled twice, and then finally the pin of MyMar to win it for PSU
All of that so true. I was in Cleveland for all of that. And the Bucks still scored 133 pts. Unreal.

So many spots that OSU could have/should have won it. It's impossible to pick the one that hurts the most.