So Proud of those Panthers

Count me in as being very proud of Elder in this game. They played their butt off, and made some big plays.

Let's not take a moral victory though. Elder is not the little engine that could. Elder is an elite football school that draws from a huge area with elite facilities and school/alumni support, and high level coaching. This is where Elder needs to be and should continue to try to raise the bar.

With losses to the top two rated Division 1 teams in Ohio by a total of 5 points the Panthers take on the top rated team in Ky on the road. A win this weekend and you have to think this may be the best combined coaching staff assembled in Elder history.

OMG, I wrote one positive thread and all this crap blows up. Yeah, I know, if I don't like it don't read it. Well, that won't be a problem anymore.

You have to consider the source. The guy is never happy and has an unhealthy obsession with teenagers playing football.

I guess you did not read the entire post.
I read it, and have no possible idea how you can make a comment like this.

Elder has been playing football for 100 years. They have 2 state championships. 4 state championship appearances. Multiple city championships. Dozens of GCL championships. Heck in 2001 they actually BEAT the #1 ranked team in Ohio 3x during the same season.

Yet, a team with a record of 3 wins and 2 losses should be considered "the best combined coaching staff assembled in Elder history"?

Last edited:
I read it and just have no possible idea, how you can make a comment like this.

Elder has been playing football for 100 years. They have 2 state championships. 4 state championship appearances. Multiple city championships. Dozens of GCL championships. Heck in 2001 they actually BEAT the #1 ranked team in Ohio 3x during the same season.

Yet, a team with a record of 3 wins and 2 losses should be considered "the best combined coaching staff assembled in Elder history"?
I started attending Elder games in 1953. I honestly cannot think of a better staff overall with the experience and youth they have.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

It's hard to compare 100 years of high school football. And it's downright impossible to compare the STAFF of 100 years of high school football, which is why I questioned your statement.

Personally, I'd give the nod to a staff that has actually won something of importance during the past 100 years (GCL, City, Region, State).

Heck, some have argued this staff "lost them the game" by allowing Ed's a big return with under two minutes in the game. I don't necessarily agree, but clearly their decision did not work like they had designed.