SJ Titan Invitational

Toledo St. John's is ranked #2 in the state poll, so I'd say that's more than "pretty good." I'd say the Titans must be the favorites going into their invitational.

St. John's crushes two teams and then loses to the tourney champ. Can't be doing that if you're ranked #2 in the state. I guess that was a Canadian team though.

St Johns was competing with Mother Theresa until the fight @ the end of the second period. It seemed to take some of the fire out of SJJ, as MT opened the third period with 2 quick goals and SJJ was unable to recover. It was shame that these two teams were in the same bracket, they both deserved to be playing for the tournament championship. SJJ has an outstanding fan base and it was a great environment for high school hockey.
The SWOSHL teams didn't fare well. Moeller was outscored 18-2 in its first two round robin games, but recovered to get a nice win in the consolation round vs Lk. Catholic to finish 1-2-1 for the weekend.
Talawanda was down 3 goals in their first game, rallied to tie the game, but eventually lost 5-4 . They finshed 1-2-1 also, with their only win being a come from behind win in the consolation round over Trinity.
St. X was the highest finishing SWOSHL team, advancing to the 3d place game before losing and going 1-1-2 for the tournament.