Sidney Superintendent controversy over BK warm up music

And he could’ve just typed out “n-word” and avoided all of this.
Sure. I already said he didn't owe anyone a detailed reason why he rejected the song....just say they are inappropriate.

That said, calling part of the lyrics out as the reason why the song was rejected is not the same as calling someone that word. There was no bad intent.

Sure. I already said he didn't owe anyone a detailed reason why he rejected the song....just say they are inappropriate.

That said, calling part of the lyrics out as the reason why the song was rejected is not the same as calling someone that word. There was no bad intent.
Good point. Let’s get upset at the super for explaining what lyrics were inappropriate that the players wanted on their warm up tape for everyone at the game to hear instead of focusing on the players thinking it was all right to play said lyrics. No win situation for a man who went above and beyond his responsibility. The coach should approve the music or possibly the AD. Not the supers job. We should applaud him for being active in his district

Good point. Let’s get upset at the super for explaining what lyrics were inappropriate that the players wanted on their warm up tape for everyone at the game to hear instead of focusing on the players thinking it was all right to play said lyrics. No win situation for a man who went above and beyond his responsibility. The coach should approve the music or possibly the AD. Not the supers job. We should applaud him for being active in his district
Great response!

TBH, having spent almost 2 decades in this business I'm impressed a district level admin was even attending an athletic event.

Even in medium to smallish sized districts it is rare to see district wide admins at anything extra curricular events
Over my career I have been connected to 4 districts and at all of them it was very common to see the district administration at athletic events.

Odds that the parent that complained would have ran to FB to complain if she was at the game and the playlist that was submitted was played? People just looking for reasons to be offended, I see no issue with what the Super did and I am sure the kid he responded to wasn't offended either.

WHat

it should come down to it that pregame music should cater to the parents and grandparents. They are the ones who have to sit through it. A kid shouldn't need music to get prepared to play a game.
I'm guessing you're being sarcastic, but I always loved pre-game music as a player, especially in big rivalry games. Got the juices going a little bit more.

While I was bumpin' to some NWA this AM I thought about this thread.
What if the Super responded as he did, with said word, because actually seeing it in writing, instead of just saying 'the N word" is more forceful and hopes it causes more disgust?

While I was bumpin' to some NWA this AM I thought about this thread.
What if the Super responded as he did, with said word, because actually seeing it in writing, instead of just saying 'the N word" is more forceful and hopes it causes more disgust?
Yes!!!

Putting it in writing puts more emphasis on it and shows why it's inappropriate.

Look here, he typed it out, and there's an article about it, and we're discussing it. What would have happened if the word was played through a packed gymnasium?

Yes!!!

Putting it in writing puts more emphasis on it and shows why it's inappropriate.

Look here, he typed it out, and there's an article about it, and we're discussing it. What would have happened if the word was played through a packed gymnasium?
Sadly, probably less.

Songs with lyrics concerning killing police officers bother me more than anything else I've seen mentioned in this thread. Things have gone too far.

Songs with lyrics concerning killing police officers bother me more than anything else I've seen mentioned in this thread. Things have gone too far.
Problem is, just like the N word, this is acceptable to a certain segment of the poplulation.

Stop being so racist

And in the school district I live in, it's also very common to see school board members at extracurricular events.
I wonder what size districts you and spirit reside in. I would imagine it's easier to get away with not attending in larger districts as opposed to medium / smaller districts.

I wonder what size districts you and spirit reside in. I would imagine it's easier to get away with not attending in larger districts as opposed to medium / smaller districts.
The district I reside in is in the top 25 largest public schools in Ohio with approximately 2000 students.