Should the Monday after the Super Bowl be a National Holiday?

No. In the grand scheme of life it's not important. A nation that needs a recovery day after an entertainment event is probably on the decline anyway.

No. In the grand scheme of life it's not important. A nation that needs a recovery day after an entertainment event is probably on the decline anyway.
This is closest to my take. We have an idea of how many days the Roman empire observed as national holidays and how declaring so much time off in celebration directly led to a softening of the people and an opening for collapse from neighboring peoples who had a stronger work ethic and soon out competed a "party minded " people.

I would be more inclined to agree to banning the public broadcast of the game if it creates too much detrimental influence that we need a day off to recuperate from it. Where is self discipline?

I propose a fine of a weeks pay to every person who is unable to get to work on time the day after the superbowl due to their inability to act responsibly.

Play the Super Bowl on Saturday.
Not only is this a fantastic idea, I wonder if the NFL has ever given it serious thought. When it was played 7 days after the conference championship games it had to be Sunday. But since there's the whole 1 week off it could easily be moved up a day. Saturday is usually the worst night for TV viewing but the Super Bowl would far exceed that metric

I think somewhere the NFL had discussed switching to Saturday, but there's one reason they don't. Sunday night, they have the entire evening to themselves. Rarely is there even an afternoon game in the major leagues. And few in the minor leagues. The NHL and NBA are not giving up a Saturday night even if it is going up against the Super Bowl. And the minor leagues would face an even bigger issue. Throw in high school sports also being played Saturday night. There would be a huge pushback against vacating that slot to give it to the NFL.

I'd imagine teams, leagues, associations would be complaining to their elected representatives over it. Right now, the NFL has the night entirely to themselves, and with little pushback by anyone else. It's reached the point the other networks don't even put up much of a fight against it because when it's their turn to host, they too, do not want any competition to drag down even a fraction of the viewership.

As for the 6pm kickoff. It's because Sunday's 'primetime' for TV ratings starts at 6pm ET. Other days, primetime starts at 7pm. That's an antiquated reasoning. But it's the reason that it's still done today decades later. Also, a 6pm ET 'telecast start' of the Super Bowl means it starts at 12pm in Hawaii and the Aleutians. Giving the entire US a game kicking off after noon.

Should the Monday after the Super Bowl be a National Holiday?
Why? The game is over by midnight, if people can't suck it up for one day of work, what are we doing? Also, take a nap in the afternoon if you can't make it to the end of the game. There are ways....

The NFL and its TV partners will not play the game on a Saturday. I don’t know why that’s so hard to understand for so many people.

The better solution would be to play the Super Bowl the Sunday before Washington’s Birthday (a.k.a. Presidents’ Day). The NFL could reconfigure the season to include an 18th regular season game, a second bye week and one fewer preseason game and then it would line up perfectly.