Sebring Head Coaching Opening

STEUBENVILLE — After three seasons, Anthony Agresta is stepping down as head football coach at Catholic Central High School.

Agresta, who accepted the Central job in April of 2019, announced his resignation Wednesday.

He compiled a 10-20 record with the Crusaders.

“I have a couple of children and grandchildren near Youngstown and I have been given an offer to pursue other coaching opportunities,” said Agresta, who also serves as dean of students at CCHS.

“I think right now it is the best interest of my family to take advantage of an opportunity that puts me closer to my children and my grandchildren and continue my coaching career.”

Agresta, a graduate of Mayfield High School and Baldwin Wallace University, came to Steubenville from Covington, La, where he served as head coach for Northlake Christian School.

He joined the staff there in 2007 and took over the program in 2009. In nine years, he led the Wolverines to a 63-48 record.

He also served as the school’s athletic director.

He began his coaching career at Mayfield and later worked at Chardon Notre Dame-Cathedral Latin. From 2002-2007, Agresta served as principal of Youngstown Christian, now known as Valley Christian.

He is a good man. Bad timing for his stretch at CCHS. all the football players are freshman and sophomores right now (with couple exceptions).

His record would've improved the next two years at CCHS significantly.

He is a real solid guy

Good luck to you guys

Last edited:
What's going on in "Trojan Country." How do the numbers look for the football team? Will there be a 2022 season in Sebring? 10 teams are hanging right now to see if replacement games are needed. Who knows what???