Scrimmage Scores

It seems a lot earlier than past years, but it seems that some of the schools have started some friendly’s and scrimmages. Always dangerous to read too much into scrimmage scores, especially in June and July, but post them here.

Colrain 2 Moeller 0. (I assume most of Moeller’s team in St Louis)

Ross 4 Colrain 1.

It seems a lot earlier than past years, but it seems that some of the schools have started some friendly’s and scrimmages. Always dangerous to read too much into scrimmage scores, especially in June and July, but post them here.

Colrain 2 Moeller 0. (I assume most of Moeller’s team in St Louis)

Ross 4 Colrain 1.
LOL, well it is June....
Lets check back in, in August, when it matters more.

I took in all the matches at the Turpin Showcase this past weekend.

These teams used many different levels of talent with many players off with the Clubs still competing for various Nat'l cups. So absolutely a grain of salt sample--- still good to watch, given last pre-season was totally scratched.

That being said--- here is what caught my eye:

Moeller played their two matches with mostly JV players.

Mariemont will be very good again - big shoes to fill in the middle -- but they do return two potent strikers.

Colerain looks interesting...lots of length, their GK is very good...their game vs Ross was using a mixed lineup with JV (particularly the beginning) - GMC is tough, Cards will be a difficult opponent.

Perhaps the most interesting team IMO was Lakota West (played without their best player - Morgan) -- very athletic and long; a lot of these teams look rusty in the first match and then better in the second match -- that was the case for Little Miami. They looked much better in the second match but unfortunately their first match was against Lakota West (who already played Turpin to a 1-1 tie)-- West dominated, almost toying with Little Miami at times....very strong aerial game from the crosses in front of the goal.

I took in all the matches at the Turpin Showcase this past weekend.

These teams used many different levels of talent with many players off with the Clubs still competing for various Nat'l cups. So absolutely a grain of salt sample--- still good to watch, given last pre-season was totally scratched.

That being said--- here is what caught my eye:

Moeller played their two matches with mostly JV players.

Mariemont will be very good again - big shoes to fill in the middle -- but they do return two potent strikers.

Colerain looks interesting...lots of length, their GK is very good...their game vs Ross was using a mixed lineup with JV (particularly the beginning) - GMC is tough, Cards will be a difficult opponent.

Perhaps the most interesting team IMO was Lakota West (played without their best player - Morgan) -- very athletic and long; a lot of these teams look rusty in the first match and then better in the second match -- that was the case for Little Miami. They looked much better in the second match but unfortunately their first match was against Lakota West (who already played Turpin to a 1-1 tie)-- West dominated, almost toying with Little Miami at times....very strong aerial game from the crosses in front of the goal.
Good stuff!

Was the Turpin showcase a full weekend of games or just a day? Always seemed like the weekend tournaments in the middle of summer, like the Mason to tournament, resulted in some injuries after playing 4 or 5 games. However, a good chance for some younger kids to get an opportunity

Was the Turpin showcase a full weekend of games or just a day? Always seemed like the weekend tournaments in the middle of summer, like the Mason to tournament, resulted in some injuries after playing 4 or 5 games. However, a good chance for some younger kids to get an opportunity
Turpin Showcase was one day event -- 2 games for each team (eight teams); Ohio Elite is 5 games over two days (next weekend)-- it's a lot....take a big group should be the philosophy.--- playing 25 minute halve, I think(?)

Didn't go to the Northmont tourney...but from scores posted for Saturday.....Tipp beat Carroll 2 to 0 and Little Miami 2-1. Troy Christian also beat Carroll 2-0. Oakwood won twice on Saturday handily over Miamisburg and Yorktown Indiana. At this writing the Sunday scores were not posted. If there is any weight to this type format....could Tipp still be a state contender despite graduating a lot of talent...Oakwood could still be a SWBL challenger and beyond as well. Bellbrook opens the regular season hosting Tipp.

Last edited:
Didn't go to the Northmont tourney...but from scores posted for Saturday.....Tipp beat Carroll 2 to 0 and Little Miami 2-1. Troy Christian also beat Carroll 2-0. Oakwood won twice on Saturday handily over Miamisburg and Yorktown Indiana. At this writing the Sunday scores were not posted. If there is any weight to this type format....could Tipp still be a state contender despite graduating a lot of talent...Oakwood could still be a SWBL challenger and beyond as well. Bellbrook opens the regular season hosting Tipp.
Sunday scores are now up.

Troy Christian is going to be really good this year. Saw a couple games last year. Graduating the center backs is a loss but A lot of talent coming back

Troy Christian is going to be really good this year. Saw a couple games last year. Graduating the center backs is a loss but A lot of talent coming back
I think there a year away from being exceptionally good.There are some cinncy senior classes that will be a hard out

Badin wins the first annual Wiz Scholarship Friendlies at Alter. Neat event for a good cause. Teams that participated:

Northmont
Kenton
Madeira
Badin
Tipp City
Dayton Christian
Yellow Springs

It looks to be a very talented roster with a lot of club talent from CUP Gold and CE. A good mix of SRs, JRs and SOs too. They look to be really deep and will probably be good the next 3+ years when you look at their young talent behind the SR class.

That Moeller team is going to be dangerous I was at the game against Oak hills and it looks as if their big forward up top is the key to all the success they’ll have.