Scrimmage Results

Scrimmage results are kinda pointless imo
Right? I like hearing that a team won 7-5 after they played 10 innings in three hours with the entire JV team participating. I've worked three scrimmages and we didnt even use the scoreboard.

Heck in one of them since it was so nice early in March we batted around each team, did it again, then went home. Who won that one? I think where were 30 runs since we just went on and on. We also put runners back after being put out so they could work on situations.

Defiance is in Florida for spring break, they played Lutheran South from St. Louis yesterday. It was Defiance's first scrimmage, this team's 8th. Defiance lost 6-3. Take from that what you want.

Right? I like hearing that a team won 7-5 after they played 10 innings in three hours with the entire JV team participating. I've worked three scrimmages and we didnt even use the scoreboard.

Heck in one of them since it was so nice early in March we batted around each team, did it again, then went home. Who won that one? I think where were 30 runs since we just went on and on. We also put runners back after being put out so they could work on situations.
I agree. Batting the whole lineup and throwing every pitcher one inning does not show how good a team is. I've seen teams get beat up in scrimmages and go on to have good seasons and vice versa.

But he is correct. It's about getting reps in a game like setting. The results are pointless and not much can be taken from them.
Yep. Even though I don't pay attention to the results I do like to catch the first few innings. That is usually top of the lineup along with the better pitchers on the team.