Schools with no imagination

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Lee Pettimore

What school/s took zero time at all to come up with their OWN original fight song and decided to....lazily just swipe "Across The Field?"

Most schools adopted alma mater songs of their own; more flexible usage with those.

Great on schools that have their own fight song, but this is low-hanging fruit to bust schools’ balls on.

I wish we had a 200 person band playing the USC fight on song inside our band shell that made it obnoxiously loud. With a 100 person drum line in pregame.

but we use Ohio states fight song.

and decided to....lazily just swipe "Across The Field?"
Sure - just like Ohio State lazily swiped "Spanish Hymn" for the music to their alma mater. 😄 Never thought about it much, but did notice in the 70's how many other schools' fight songs sounded like Notre Dame or Wisconsin.

Back in the 1940's, a Hamilton Twp alumnus composed our own original fight song and lyrics, as well as an original alma mater. However, back in the day we did use "Across The Field" just like OSU does - play main fight song on the pregame ramp entrance, march to other side of the field, play National Anthem, then play ATF as we came back - dare I say it - across the field. And it doubled our repertoire for July 4th parades, lol.

I think HT dumped "Across The Field" by 1980. They still play Hang On Sloopy to make up for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.