Schools to make state finals in Basketball and Football in the same year

Curious how often this happens? Alter could do it this year with a win Saturday.
St. Ignatius in the same calendar year (2001), but not the same school year (football in 2001, basketball in the 2000-2001 school year)
In 2001, Ignatius also won the Golf state championship (fall 2001) and the state Track & Field state championship (spring 2001). The Wildcats also won the state Baseball Championship in the 2001-2002 school year

Not basketball, surprisingly, but St. Joe had football in 1989 and wrestling in 1990. I'd imagine St. Edward has also done this a few times.

1993-1994 school year. Wauseon won the state football title in 1993. They made the state finals in D2 basketball in 1993-1994 losing to Cleveland St. Joe in the finals. They also made the final 4 in baseball that year in D2.

They also won the state baseball title in 1995.

In the ‘99-‘00 school year, St. Henry lost in the football and basketball finals and won the baseball finals.

In 2013, STVM won the football title and lost in the state basketball final to Bishop Waterson.

Buchtel was State runner up in Football in 95 and 96, State runner up in Basketball in 96 and State champs in Track in 96.

Cols. DeSales State Runner Ups in Football fall of 2020 , State Runner ups Basketball the Spring of 2021 ( Same School Year)

1993-1994 school year. Wauseon won the state football title in 1993. They made the state finals in D2 basketball in 1993-1994 losing to Cleveland St. Joe in the finals. They also made the final 4 in baseball that year in D2.

They also won the state baseball title in 1995.
In 1993-94 Wauseon beat Ironton in football, faced the Tigers in the bball semi, both made state in baseball. Rumor was some bad blood between the schools.

In 1993-94 Wauseon beat Ironton in football, faced the Tigers in the bball semi, both made state in baseball. Rumor was some bad blood between the schools.
Wauseon beat Ironton by 3 in the state finals in football in 1993. Wauseon then beat Ironton by 3 in the state semifinals in basketball. They both made the Final 4 in baseball but both got beat in the semifinals. I was hoping that they both won their semifinal game and Wauseon beat them by 3 in the state baseball championship.
I would have to believe that it has never happened where the same schools met in the Final 4 of all three of these sports. It almost happened that year.
It's crazy to think that schools almost 5 hours apart had a unique rivalry that year.

Whitmer did it several years ago losing in both finals games. Then they got caught with illegal players and forfeited both seasons!

1984-85 school year for North Canton Hoover
Hoover only made the semifinals in basketball.

Akron Buchtel was runner-up in both sports during the '96-'97 school year.

St. Henry won football and basketball during the '90-'91 school year.

Akron Archbishop Hoban was runner-up in football and won basketball last school year.

Marion Pleasant won both football and basketball in '72-'73.

I am mainly a wrestling guy, but this post peaked my interest and reminded me of something I thought was pretty incredible.

The boys senior class of 1995 at Clyde HS must have been pretty special. (I have no affiliation with Clyde.)

Football 1994: State Runners-up
Basketball 1994-95: State Semifinalists
Wrestling 1994-95: State Champions

Hoover only made the semifinals in basketball.

Akron Buchtel was runner-up in both sports during the '96-'97 school year.

St. Henry won football and basketball during the '90-'91 school year.

Akron Archbishop Hoban was runner-up in football and won basketball last school year.

Marion Pleasant won both football and basketball in '72-'73.
St Henry (for those who do not know...a public school) may have had one of the most impressive small school rosters from a public high school, especially at the small school level.

Bobby Hoying. Mr Football. Ohio State/Eagles.
Jeff Hartings: Penn State/Lions/Steelers
Bruiser Brunswick: Toledo. Word is he was draftable but suffered an injury at UT, and wanna say the Dr mis diagnosed and it made it worse or something.
Redman Niekamp: Ohio State footbll TE. His knees were shot and do not think he got to play much.
A running back whom I always forget who I think went to a small college.

Alter 2016-17 Strong year

Football State Semifinals 13-1- L Hartley 14-7
Boys Soccer STATE CHAMPS 21-1-2
Girls Soccer STATE CHAMPS 18-2-2
Girls BasketBall STATE CHAMPS 28-2
Boys Volleyball STATE CHAMPS 21-7

Boys Basketball GCL Champs - 19-4 early exit state (Carroll)

In the ‘99-‘00 school year, St. Henry lost in the football and basketball finals and won the baseball finals.
That was pretty impressive on the basketball side. Pretty small team size wise, but they could shoot the three. I've always felt they were a broken wrist away from winning state.