Schools Going against Local Health Board recommendations?

It’s already killed a small towns worth of Ohioans this year? I mean my gosh the argument on here is “Its my child’s senior year and we should be able to risk their health for this!” This is insanity! Lol like does no one see this being insane? You all are like the citizens of Amity in Jaws. “There’s no shark! Keep the beaches open!”
I don't agree with your argument.

But the reference to Jaws is quite funny - so good job on coming up with that.

Good points!

I had thought the average daily number of deaths in the U.S. was about 7,700 before the virus, but that's only a little more than your number.

What the crowd encouraging great caution doesn't realize, perhaps, is that I think (not entirely sure of this) that since covid has been around , deaths due to heart disease, diabetes, etc. have gone down because so many deaths have been ruled covid when there are other serious health issues present.

Yes that sounds about right for the average daily death count. Depending on what time of year it is the number varies by by several hundred per day with more in the winter months. This July was low with around 7500, as it usually is. Can't find the graphs I was looking at.

All o
Maybe this has been said on this thread so my apologies if it has. Does anyone think that the largest school districts (maybe more) would have asked these health departments to issue these statements for recommending remote learning and no activities? I have a hard time believing these health commissioners would do this without much communication with the superintendents at these districts.

All of them are, thats the issue. Teachers unions are doing this. You can’t blame them

If a school district needs a waiver for kids to attend school what else needs to be said? We are seeing a test run in GA and Mississippi and it doesn't look well. I hope administrators are looking at the pictures from GA and making plans to not be on national TV deliberately putting health at risk.